{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

To Stevie and the players from the silent majority

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

To Stevie and the players from the silent majority

Postby FarnieStag » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:50 pm

To Stevie and the players (I think at least some of the players probably read this site, if not the big man himself).......

Keep at it lads, you're only a few points off third place and now you can step it up into the New Year. Yes, things haven't gone all your own way, and results haven't been perfect, but the effort is there to see and it will all come together in 2018!

Don't let the noisy minority get you down, and enjoy your Christmasses!

love and peace xxx The Silent Majority
FarnieStag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:15 pm

Re: To Stevie and the players from the silent majority

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:08 pm

Amen to that brother!
I am Spartacus
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:56 am

Re: To Stevie and the players from the silent majority

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:09 pm

Amen to that brother!
I am Spartacus
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:56 am

Re: To Stevie and the players from the silent majority

Postby wardy12345 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:12 pm

I just wish they played with a higher tempo just like we did when we got promoted last time to league 1.

We just seem so slow at everything.
wardy12345
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 9:27 am

Re: To Stevie and the players from the silent majority

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:19 pm

I agree farny. We are nicely poised for 2018 and the run in.

Seasonal good will to all stags.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2652
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: To Stevie and the players from the silent majority

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:32 pm

wardy12345 wrote:I just wish they played with a higher tempo just like we did when we got promoted last time to league 1.

We just seem so slow at everything.

Different players different management team.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4586
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: To Stevie and the players from the silent majority

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:35 pm

FarnieStag wrote:To Stevie and the players (I think at least some of the players probably read this site, if not the big man himself).......

Keep at it lads, you're only a few points off third place and now you can step it up into the New Year. Yes, things haven't gone all your own way, and results haven't been perfect, but the effort is there to see and it will all come together in 2018!

Don't let the noisy minority get you down, and enjoy your Christmasses!

love and peace xxx The Silent Majority

Good post. All this negativity makes things harder. I don't understand why these moaners can't see that.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4586
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: To Stevie and the players from the silent majority

Postby Foxy » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:42 pm

Sorry and all that but for his wages i'd stand there in my Y fronts having all of you shouting at me every other Saturday. He's being a bit of a mard arse. He's used to getting abuse though so there's something afoot imo. Maybe it's part of a bargaining ploy to extract more out of one Johnny Radders or the opening gambit of his exit strategy.
User avatar
Foxy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5350
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:36 pm
Location: At the Coop

Re: To Stevie and the players from the silent majority

Postby yorkstag » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:52 pm

Ridiculous post - agree with the first post. We are in a good position and lets kick on. Message to Steve , Paul and the players - keep on keeping on
yorkstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1291
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 3:52 pm

Re: To Stevie and the players from the silent majority

Postby Foxy » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:43 am

If you could say why my post is ridiculous then your assertion would have some weight to it.

Is it because Steve Evans is not used to getting stick?
Is it because you know for a fact that he's not going to be using the situation today as leverage (e.g for more money for players or as an excuse to leave)
Is it that you don't believe that I even own any Y fronts?

Or is it that you just don't agree with what I wrote but you can't really say why?
User avatar
Foxy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5350
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:36 pm
Location: At the Coop

Re: To Stevie and the players from the silent majority

Postby Jamie » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:03 am

Its always said on here about him doing so and so to get more money, and its based on nothing...

I'm in the camp of being pretty pleased with being 3 points off 3rd, hopeful we'll improve 2nd half of the season but just frustrated and some pretty disappointed with whats being surved up.

Evans has to accept he's ramped up expectation levels, and the crowd is frustrated at a good team (on paper) not really firing. That said, we need the kind of atmosphere turn around we had under Coxy. Let's get behind them more and try and help like we did then.
Jamie
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4353
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:42 am
Location: Mansfield

Re: To Stevie and the players from the silent majority

Postby pemill » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:32 am

Frustration on all sides, I'm sure everyone shares the same frustration that being we rarely kill a team off.

We all know what Evans is about, his frustration comes out in anger, he's been around a long time, it won't be the first 'set to' he's had with home fans and it won't be the last, I trust he has a plan to push on in the new year and get us where we all want to be.

Despite the indifferent performances we are in an OK position but in a cluster of teams who will be looking to go on an end of season run to fire them into the top 3.

During the season you need luck on your side, yesterday we were lucky to get 3 points, for the majority of the second half Morecambe were the better team and should have seen us off - they didn't and got hit by a sucker punch, we know what that is like.
pemill
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 698
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:32 am

Re: To Stevie and the players from the silent majority

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:45 am

I can’t believe how poor we’ve been and are 3 points off the top 3. It just shows how even most of these teams are. If we add a decent CM and CF there is no reason why we shouldn’t go up. I want us to catch County up first. It will happen!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1990
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: To Stevie and the players from the silent majority

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:53 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:I can’t believe how poor we’ve been and are 3 points off the top 3. It just shows how even most of these teams are. If we add a decent CM and CF there is no reason why we shouldn’t go up. I want us to catch County up first. It will happen!!!


To be fair, Counteh fans can't believe their league position either.

Aside from Grant they seem fairly average. Luckily a few others weigh in with goals, otherwise they'd struggle relying on Stead, who's about as mobile as a carousel horse with woodworm.

Agree about what players we need, but we also badly need 2 or 3 midfielders to put their scoring boots on and stop wearing a pair of Ronald McDonald's cast offs ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
User avatar
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2418
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: To Stevie and the players from the silent majority

Postby oldweststander » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:34 am

Time to crawl back into your hole Foxy, foxes don't hibernate but I will make an exeption in your case.

Good night Raynard.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2594
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: To Stevie and the players from the silent majority

Postby tmwilson » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:51 am

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:I can’t believe how poor we’ve been and are 3 points off the top 3. It just shows how even most of these teams are. If we add a decent CM and CF there is no reason why we shouldn’t go up. I want us to catch County up first. It will happen!!!


To be fair, Counteh fans can't believe their league position either.

Aside from Grant they seem fairly average. Luckily a few others weigh in with goals, otherwise they'd struggle relying on Stead, who's about as mobile as a carousel horse with woodworm.

Agree about what players we need, but we also badly need 2 or 3 midfielders to put their scoring boots on and stop wearing a pair of Ronald McDonald's cast offs ;)


And that is where the problem lies .
I expected Anderson and McDonald to have at least 3 each . Same with Mellis . I thought Hamilton , Byrom and the other midfielders would of chipped in too .

I'm not sure of the stats but I bet the unit of defenders we have are not far behind the midfielders in goals total .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1955
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: To Stevie and the players from the silent majority

Postby Foxy » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:15 am

oldweststander wrote:Time to crawl back into your hole Foxy, foxes don't hibernate but I will make an exeption in your case.

Good night Raynard.


Not really sure why you're getting your panties in a bunch tbh OWS

P.s it's Reynard
User avatar
Foxy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5350
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:36 pm
Location: At the Coop

Re: To Stevie and the players from the silent majority

Postby oldweststander » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:27 pm

Thanks for the correction Foxy.

To answer your question, having a go at the manager for doing his job and protecting a, seemingly not fully fit, player is out of order, those that went for Evans didn't notice the players reaction when subbed, hand shakes and hugs from the manager.

Evans was maybe quick to react but the atmosphere generated by the boos and he found it impossible to ignore, I was disgusted with those fan's that kicked off.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2594
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: To Stevie and the players from the silent majority

Postby Bros » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:30 pm

Perhaps Kane should have gone to ground and then limped off with the trainer to a standing ovation. From where we sit in the QLE it seemed that most of the IGS were booing. The Fat Controller is used to stick from every away fan in the country, us included in times past. I'm very surprised he can't take a bit of abuse from his own fans. After all, who was it that moved the dugouts from the other side of the pitch
Bros
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:33 am

Re: To Stevie and the players from the silent majority

Postby stag861 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:18 am

What is it they say about a so called "silent majority". They are neither
stag861
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 872
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:50 am

Re: To Stevie and the players from the silent majority

Postby FarnieStag » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:36 am

I started this post to try and let the boss and players know that there are lots (and I still think the majority) of fans that think the season is there for the taking... that we can can go on push for automatic promotion and to keep up the hard work.
However, as usual, there are lots of people on here who want to predict the worst and then smugly declare that they were right when or if things go wrong. I am no by no means a happy-clapper and have been the first to moan about the pricing structure and several footballing issues, but surely anyone can see that this might, just might, be the beginning of long-awaited upturn.
FarnieStag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:15 pm

Re: To Stevie and the players from the silent majority

Postby Johnny Rotten » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:58 am

FarnieStag wrote:I started this post to try and let the boss and players know that there are lots (and I still think the majority) of fans that think the season is there for the taking... that we can can go on push for automatic promotion and to keep up the hard work.
However, as usual, there are lots of people on here who want to predict the worst and then smugly declare that they were right when or if things go wrong. I am no by no means a happy-clapper and have been the first to moan about the pricing structure and several footballing issues, but surely anyone can see that this might, just might, be the beginning of long-awaited upturn.


Rule 1 of Stagsnet: Under no circumstances must you be positive :roll:
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1754
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:54 pm
Location: St Paul's Cray, Orpington, Kent

Re: To Stevie and the players from the silent majority

Postby Sneag » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:43 am

Johnny Rotten wrote:
FarnieStag wrote:I started this post to try and let the boss and players know that there are lots (and I still think the majority) of fans that think the season is there for the taking... that we can can go on push for automatic promotion and to keep up the hard work.
However, as usual, there are lots of people on here who want to predict the worst and then smugly declare that they were right when or if things go wrong. I am no by no means a happy-clapper and have been the first to moan about the pricing structure and several footballing issues, but surely anyone can see that this might, just might, be the beginning of long-awaited upturn.


Rule 1 of Stagsnet: Under no circumstances must you be positive :roll:


Unless you're being positive about your pessimism.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6608
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: Evidently Chickentown

Re: To Stevie and the players from the silent majority

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:55 am

would be a boring world if we was the same, our season hangs on the quality of these three or four signings.

i have to say i didn’t realise we would be playing such route one football under SE

however get me third spot with it and i love you longggggg time
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7950
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: To Stevie and the players from the silent majority

Postby Foxy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:01 pm

Well I think Stevies going to work wonders and we're going to smash it now. Top 3 finish and automatic

By the way that's 5/2 with William Hills.

Rules are there to be broken. Come On You Stags!
User avatar
Foxy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5350
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:36 pm
Location: At the Coop

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: acasman, adamstag, Chris M, EdwinstoweStag, Gruff, Harrington St Hero, Hon Sec, jacobs mouse, STAGS FOR LIFE and 57 guests