{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Meden event security

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Meden event security

Postby whipster221073 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:36 pm

Couldn't get yesterday but i'm guessing this gentleman sits in West Stand Lower Block E about 4 rows from the front.
If it's the same guy, at the last 3 home matches his behaviour has been totally unacceptable and there are plenty of fans who sit around that area who have been unhappy that his behaviour hasn't been dealt with. If it has, then about time.

This piece isn't about the Stags but worth a read how owners feel when fans are questioning every decision they make.

Does JR need this kind of grief and this kind of "supporter"?

Last edited by whipster221073 on Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MTFC not AFC
whipster221073
Manager
Manager

Postby whipster221073 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:38 pm

whipster221073 wrote:Couldn't get yesterday but i'm guessing this gentleman sits in West Stand Lower Block E about 4 rows from the front.
If it's the same guy, at the last 3 home matches his behaviour has been totally unacceptable and there are plenty of fans who sit around that area who have been unhappy that his behaviour hasn't been dealt with. If it has, then about time.

This piece isn't about the Stags but worth a read how owners feel when fans are questioning every decision they make.

Does JR need this kind of grief and this kind of "supporter"?

[tweet]
https://twitter.com/swfc/status/944743051657973760[/tweet]

Sums things up perfectly.

MTFC not AFC
whipster221073
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:12 pm

Sounds like front row hero stepped over the line one to many times the club or other supporters who pay their money don't need to sit n listen to one loud mouth individual who thinks he knows better at every game.

I hope the club bans him for the rest of the season.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:02 pm

I am presuming this is the fella in C block who is always up at the barrier shouting at anyone that moves, often accompanied by a shouting child?
Tainted Soul says I am great!
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:46 pm

SINA STAG wrote:Sounds like front row hero stepped over the line one to many times the club or other supporters who pay their money don't need to sit n listen to one loud mouth individual who thinks he knows better at every game.

I hope the club bans him for the rest of the season.

That's correct
All this rubbish that people can abuse fellow fans , managers and players because they pay their money .
Sorry but we all pay good money to follow our team . The vast majority of us don't want to listen to these morons kicking off time after time . To a lot of supporters it's a day out and even if we lose , they still enjoy the day out with their family or friends . Why should we have to put up with it ?
They are better off stopping at home .
I cant believe some on here who think it's OK to cross the line and hurl abuse . Especially at out own manager and players .
People on here and at the ground calling Evans fat . . Grow a pair and say it to his face instead of hiding in the stands or behind a keyboard .

What if this individual had been In the family stand and kicked off ? Just because it's a football game ,they think it's OK to do what they want . Same with the idiots who bring shame to the club by going out to cause trouble with opposing fans .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:50 pm

Sounds like he’s really a Front Row Zero.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby BELSE » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:31 pm

don,t agree with what is said but on Evans if he can,t take it he should keep it shut.
at home games I can not here him .But went to Blackpool 5 m away and in the end I shouted for him to shut up
shouting and swearing all the time :coys:
BELSE
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby M E » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:42 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:I am presuming this is the fella in C block who is always up at the barrier shouting at anyone that moves, often accompanied by a shouting child?

That’s the one, I sit in C block and watching him sometimes is cringeworthy.
M E
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Frontrowhero » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:51 pm

Always a pleasure to have a drink with you dave at HT. we probably should have stayed in the bar!

Having had time to reflect today and have a chat to the kids, I would like to thank all the supporters who have been so supportive yesterday and to the fan who left the upper tier and was a massive help to me and the kids outside the ground, sorry can't remember his name. But would like you to thank him with a drink next time we meet, to give up his 2nd half even though he doesn't know me or the kids shows we do have some of the best fans around. Hope we can meet up soon to personally thank you.

Yesterday was way OTT and not needed in front of the kids. 2017 I thought was going to be one of the best in clubs history, never felt so excited at the start of the season. It's not been a good year and I think we all need to draw a line under this year fans, players, management, stewards. Steve and Paul need to realise we do have the best fans in the country. Yesterday for me proved it, yes some can be vocal that's football as long as they are not overstepping the mark and being abusive. All the fans near me, know me and know that I never overstep the mark, I can understand how some fans think I'm an idiot from afar. I'm not, just passionate like most of our fans.

Hope you all have a good Xmas, the kids have said they want to go to Grimsby. They said giving up would not be the right thing to do, let's hope we all can take their attitude going forward. They want to see the stags promoted, we can do it if we all pull together fans, players, management. For the fans who know me will be good to see you all at Grimsby, fingers crossed 3 points and to a good 2018 we all deserve some success, still in touch hopefully can happen
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:11 pm

Frontrowhero wrote:Always a pleasure to have a drink with you dave at HT. we probably should have stayed in the bar!

Having had time to reflect today and have a chat to the kids, I would like to thank all the supporters who have been so supportive yesterday and to the fan who left the upper tier and was a massive help to me and the kids outside the ground, sorry can't remember his name. But would like you to thank him with a drink next time we meet, to give up his 2nd half even though he doesn't know me or the kids shows we do have some of the best fans around. Hope we can meet up soon to personally thank you.

Yesterday was way OTT and not needed in front of the kids. 2017 I thought was going to be one of the best in clubs history, never felt so excited at the start of the season. It's not been a good year and I think we all need to draw a line under this year fans, players, management, stewards. Steve and Paul need to realise we do have the best fans in the country. Yesterday for me proved it, yes some can be vocal that's football as long as they are not overstepping the mark and being abusive. All the fans near me, know me and know that I never overstep the mark, I can understand how some fans think I'm an idiot from afar. I'm not, just passionate like most of our fans.

Hope you all have a good Xmas, the kids have said they want to go to Grimsby. They said giving up would not be the right thing to do, let's hope we all can take their attitude going forward. They want to see the stags promoted, we can do it if we all pull together fans, players, management. For the fans who know me will be good to see you all at Grimsby, fingers crossed 3 points and to a good 2018 we all deserve some success, still in touch hopefully can happen

Have you thought of moving to a part of the ground with more elevation? It is a far better vantage to assess what’s actually happening in the pitch. Added benefit: you can see Messrs Evans and Raynor cavorting around, but with the mute button pressed!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Frontrowhero » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:23 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Frontrowhero wrote:Always a pleasure to have a drink with you dave at HT. we probably should have stayed in the bar!

Have you thought of moving to a part of the ground with more elevation? It is a far better vantage to assess what’s actually happening in the pitch. Added benefit: you can see Messrs Evans and Raynor cavorting around, but with the mute button pressed!

We have, personally I want to move seats. The kids like it at the front though,they are good seats. Downside is you do get noticed more, hence yesterday.
I don't mind Evans ranting too much edwinstowe, but your right would be quieter further back. My mate who sat with us recently said he didn't realise how loud Evans is, might be worth ago further back t save the ear drums
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Bradders » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:35 pm

Frontrowhero wrote:Yesterday was way OTT and not needed in front of the kids.

If you thought that the weary Hemmings should have been forced to play on then you're entitled to your opinion, but if you are unable to state this without annoying people then it's only right to keep quiet. So I'm pleased to hear that after reflection you realise that you were in the wrong.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:35 pm

Fair play to you frh. I don't know you, but you are clearly a avid supporter. It's not for me to tell you what to do, but I think the advice about moving further up in the stand is a good one. Let us hope we have a cracking second half of the season. That will make us all happy.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:37 pm

Also, try to be a better role model. That shouldn’t be difficult.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:55 am

I hope you do continue to come Dave. Dave and I are always happy to chat with you and to be fair, you do seem to know more about the game than a lot , including those that maligned you! Just try to cool it a bit. I`d like to know what is going to be done about the over reaction of the stewards? I don`t want to see that again!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby chip63 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:37 am

Nice to hear a supporter say they will try to change the situation by moving seats.
That's enough for me from his point of view.
Regards the way he was evicted from the ground I hope we also hear an apology from stewards management and owners.
Maybe next time they should call in the police to evict a supporter if needed.
Merry Xmas all, hope it's resolved peacefully and with positive outcomes.
:coys:
chip63
First Team
First Team

Postby PRL13 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:01 am

Absolutely! I think Dave has a case for assault! What about the scarring on his kids minds. He may not be the best role model, But the stewards and all involved should be sacked!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:32 pm

PRL13 wrote:Absolutely! I think Dave has a case for assault! What about the scarring on his kids minds. He may not be the best role model, But the stewards and all involved should be sacked!

Always someone else’s fault isn’t it ?

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:20 pm

PRL13,

Are you an ambulance chasing solicitor or something, assualt, scarring of his kids minds or is it a wind up?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:21 pm

oldweststander wrote:PRL13,

Are you an ambulance chading sokicitor or something, assualt, scarring of hus kids minds ir is it a wibd up?

Someone has had more Port than I. :)

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:35 pm

Maybe so or could be fat fingers?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:37 pm

oldweststander wrote:Maybe so or could be fat fingers?

You could have typed that better with boxing gloves on.

Hick.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:02 pm

Feels like all that's needs to be said has after reflection
Surely we now just move on
yorkstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Johnny Rotten » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:34 am

On a seperate note I am enjoying life away from stags - since being kept away by certain quarters for differing reasons it has been extremely refreshing

Sometimes we should all take a voluntary time out now and then - There is more to life than MTFC, hard as that may be to believe
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:09 am

Johnny Rotten wrote:On a seperate note I am enjoying life away from stags - since being kept away by certain quarters for differing reasons it has been extremely refreshing

Sometimes we should all take a voluntary time out now and then - There is more to life than MTFC, hard as that may be to believe

Shame you haven't taken a break from here.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum