{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Meden event security

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Meden event security

Postby Johnny Rotten » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:22 pm

abc wrote:
Johnny Rotten wrote:On a seperate note I am enjoying life away from stags - since being kept away by certain quarters for differing reasons it has been extremely refreshing

Sometimes we should all take a voluntary time out now and then - There is more to life than MTFC, hard as that may be to believe

Shame you haven't taken a break from here.

Erm have you seen how rarely I post on here?! What's your problem?! :roll:
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:24 pm

On a separate note, returning to the original thread. Has Front Row Hero ‘re-gifted’ his tickets for today or is today the start of his reformation?

Hope it’s the latter - Come on You Stags.
I am Spartacus
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:38 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:On a separate note, returning to the original thread. Has Front Row Hero ‘re-gifted’ his tickets for today or is today the start of his reformation?

Hope it’s the latter - Come on You Stags.

He was never going to miss today, it was all bluster for the sympathy vote
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:06 pm

Johnny Rotten wrote:On a seperate note I am enjoying life away from stags - since being kept away by certain quarters for differing reasons it has been extremely refreshing

Sometimes we should all take a voluntary time out now and then - There is more to life than MTFC, hard as that may be to believe

Genuine question Johnny. On a scale of 1 to 10 ( 1 being easy ), how would you rate the ease of breaking free.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:18 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

Genuine question Johnny. On a scale of 1 to 10 ( 1 being easy ), how would you rate the ease of breaking free.

And is it easier if you move 150 miles away?
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny Rotten » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:00 pm

The ease of breaking away is dependent upon many variables and thus reasons and also the drive of the individual.

As Sneag says moving away stopped my once more regular attendance to ordinarily almost if not all home games plus some away games and other factors were and are contributory factors

In the time of the dark lord once staying away in protest at that time although tough at first, became easier. In that case there was a desired goal to help contribute to the dark lord moving on

When Stags play darn sarf upon moving I set that time aside deliberately to do all I could to attend as much as possible - Joining APFSCIL also supported my interest

Now I don't go and will not even if they were playing around the corner due to personal circumstances but that does not detract from the fact I continue to support my home town club from afar
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:01 pm

Johnny Rotten wrote:The ease of breaking away is dependent upon many variables and thus reasons and also the drive of the individual.

As Sneag says moving away stopped my once more regular attendance to ordinarily almost if not all home games plus some away games and other factors were and are contributory factors

In the time of the dark lord once staying away in protest at that time although tough at first, became easier. In that case there was a desired goal to help contribute to the dark lord moving on

When Stags play darn sarf upon moving I set that time aside deliberately to do all I could to attend as much as possible - Joining APFSCIL also supported my interest

Now I don't go and will not even if they were playing around the corner due to personal circumstances but that does not detract from the fact I continue to support my home town club from afar
Makes sense Johnny. Glad you still have an affinity for the Stags.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:10 am

:?: would be interesting to know if you went yesterday , did you move and have a better Experience of the game not being so close to the dugouts .

Supporters at last home seeing another supporter made to leave behind the dugout .

If its right what S E is saying.

Why on earth in our next home game would they carry on with there abuse.

we have had 4 to 5 on another thread saying they did not hear anything.

It would also be great to have a behind the dugout video footage and microphone to see and hear whats going off :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Teapot » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:19 pm

I sit close to both home and away benches. When Carlisle scored the only criticism heard was the booing directed at Carlisle who many thought had cheated their way to a penalty. Seems Mr Evans is trying to create a siege mentality between the team and supporters.

When first appointed, the Manager was shown visiting supporters at home and always talking about doing everything the right way. We are now in the position where if any decision is criticised we see an explosion of fury from both manager and particularly his foul mouth assistance directed at our own supporters.

When the dugouts were moved over the pitch the manager stated that this was to make life a little more uncomfortable for the visiting team. By the same token he should learn not to react to every comment directed his way. After all we are at a football match where not everyone agrees with every comment heard around you. What is the alternative? Should we all sit on our hands in silence unless applauding our team and manager?

When the manager and his team move on to a club more befitting to his talents I hope we can look back on his time here as a period of on field success, but I for one will not miss his and his assistants antics.
Teapot
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby abc » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:29 pm

Teapot wrote:I sit close to both home and away benches. When Carlisle scored the only criticism heard was the booing directed at Carlisle who many thought had cheated their way to a penalty. Seems Mr Evans is trying to create a siege mentality between the team and supporters.

When first appointed, the Manager was shown visiting supporters at home and always talking about doing everything the right way. We are now in the position where if any decision is criticised we see an explosion of fury from both manager and particularly his foul mouth assistance directed at our own supporters.

When the dugouts were moved over the pitch the manager stated that this was to make life a little more uncomfortable for the visiting team. By the same token he should learn not to react to every comment directed his way. After all we are at a football match where not everyone agrees with every comment heard around you. What is the alternative? Should we all sit on our hands in silence unless applauding our team and manager?

When the manager and his team move on to a club more befitting to his talents I hope we can look back on his time here as a period of on field success, but I for one will not miss his and his assistants antics.

Another biased anti-Evans opinion.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:30 pm

abc wrote:
Teapot wrote:I sit close to both home and away benches. When Carlisle scored the only criticism heard was the booing directed at Carlisle who many thought had cheated their way to a penalty. Seems Mr Evans is trying to create a siege mentality between the team and supporters.

teapot makes a valid argument, abc.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:46 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
abc wrote:

teapot makes a valid argument, abc.

Personally I don't give a damn who the manager is, if they are doing a good job. Some of the opinions on here are imo tainted by their dislike of Evans the persona and they are unable/unwilling to give credit where it is due and take every opportunity to have a cheap dig.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:44 am

As the annual inspection by the Local Authority’s licensing officer for the ground is on Tuesday against Cardiff I rather hope that Front Row Hero, Meden Security and the travelling Taffs behave. Or we could all end up sharing four seats in the Quarry Lane end.
I am Spartacus
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:03 am

oh Joy what a game to
pick #shocker
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:07 am

I am Spartacus wrote:As the annual inspection by the Local Authority’s licensing officer for the ground is on Tuesday against Cardiff I rather hope that Front Row Hero, Meden Security and the travelling Taffs behave. Or we could all end up sharing four seats in the Quarry Lane end.

i think they need a steward straight behind S E &P R in case anybody starts gobbing off.

funny how 2 matches ago they chucked the guy out who started this thread , then the last match they let things happen and did nothing .
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum