{ the forum }
 
Stagsnet wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Grimsby tickets on sale - Boxing day 1pm Kick off

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Grimsby tickets on sale - Boxing day 1pm Kick off

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:59 pm

:)

User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3540
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Grimsby tickets on sale - Boxing day 1pm Kick off

Postby James » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:27 pm

Just over a thousand tickets. We should be selling out for this.
I've got a Grapefruit matter...
James
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Grimsby tickets on sale - Boxing day 1pm Kick off

Postby thefamilyvontrapp » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:41 pm

James wrote:Just over a thousand tickets. We should be selling out for this.


We probably would have if it was played at a NORMAL kick off time, maybe 3pm or somat!!
thefamilyvontrapp
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:42 pm

Re: Grimsby tickets on sale - Boxing day 1pm Kick off

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:37 pm

Any more after the 1000? Or is that it?
Mr Grimsdale
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:56 pm

Re: Grimsby tickets on sale - Boxing day 1pm Kick off

Postby Spiritater » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:24 am

thefamilyvontrapp wrote:
James wrote:Just over a thousand tickets. We should be selling out for this.


We probably would have if it was played at a NORMAL kick off time, maybe 3pm or somat!!



1pm is fine for Boxing Day. It'll give everyone time to get back home for t'party at the inlaws.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 16544
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Grimsby tickets on sale - Boxing day 1pm Kick off

Postby joey bananas » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:22 am

I will be surprised if we sell 500. That's not being critical either. I think that will be a good effort with the k.o time.
Normally crowds are good boxing day due to the increased home support and the tradition that goes with it.
A bit of bother last season has spoilt it for the majority with these k.o times. Is this going to be a pattern for all future local games now the standard has been set ?
He who laughs last clearly didn't get it...
joey bananas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:26 pm
Location: church warsop

Re: Grimsby tickets on sale - Boxing day 1pm Kick off

Postby Spiritater » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:08 am

What's the 1pm KO time got to do with it on a Boxing Day? Everyone's on holiday. It's different to a Saturday when many folk work. Why folk wouldn't go because it's 2 hours earlier I can't imagine.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 16544
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Grimsby tickets on sale - Boxing day 1pm Kick off

Postby James » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:38 am

As Spiritater says earlier, a 1pm kick off makes it better for people wanting to do something with the family on Boxing Day night.

Should be taking a 1,000 here, no questions. Short journey, and we're in good form.
I've got a Grapefruit matter...
James
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Grimsby tickets on sale - Boxing day 1pm Kick off

Postby Slackythestag » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:09 am

We took way over 1K last year, I think it will be the same.

Plus with it being pay on the day, gives people the chance to decide on the day.
Slackythestag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:15 pm
Location: Derby

Re: Grimsby tickets on sale - Boxing day 1pm Kick off

Postby adamstag » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:56 am

bet all those No swearing please who went out looking for fights and leaving early last year feel big and clever now.

If you were one of those idiots, cheers for the early KO.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5192
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Grimsby tickets on sale - Boxing day 1pm Kick off

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:01 pm

adamstag wrote:bet all those No swearing please who went out looking for fights and leaving early last year feel big and clever now.

If you were one of those idiots, cheers for the early KO.

I agree it spoils it for the rest of us.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2974
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Grimsby tickets on sale - Boxing day 1pm Kick off

Postby joey bananas » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:21 pm

Spiritater wrote:What's the 1pm KO time got to do with it on a Boxing Day? Everyone's on holiday. It's different to a Saturday when many folk work. Why folk wouldn't go because it's 2 hours earlier I can't imagine.

Well forgive me for thinking a lot of people who work on a Saturday work mainly in retail ?? And the shops are open boxing day...so it doesn't change much actually.
He who laughs last clearly didn't get it...
joey bananas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:26 pm
Location: church warsop

Re: Grimsby tickets on sale - Boxing day 1pm Kick off

Postby Foxy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:29 pm

Half Season Tickets on sale too £170
User avatar
Foxy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4593
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:36 pm
Location: At the Coop

Re: Grimsby tickets on sale - Boxing day 1pm Kick off

Postby Spiritater » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:51 am

joey bananas wrote:
Spiritater wrote:What's the 1pm KO time got to do with it on a Boxing Day? Everyone's on holiday. It's different to a Saturday when many folk work. Why folk wouldn't go because it's 2 hours earlier I can't imagine.

Well forgive me for thinking a lot of people who work on a Saturday work mainly in retail ?? And the shops are open boxing day...so it doesn't change much actually.


Those folk wouldn't have been able to go anyway, so whats your point.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 16544
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Grimsby tickets on sale - Boxing day 1pm Kick off

Postby joey bananas » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:48 am

Spiritater wrote:
joey bananas wrote:
Spiritater wrote:What's the 1pm KO time got to do with it on a Boxing Day? Everyone's on holiday. It's different to a Saturday when many folk work. Why folk wouldn't go because it's 2 hours earlier I can't imagine.

Well forgive me for thinking a lot of people who work on a Saturday work mainly in retail ?? And the shops are open boxing day...so it doesn't change much actually.


Those folk wouldn't have been able to go anyway, so whats your point.

Well some obviously work til say 12 or even 2 judging by some posters on here so what's your point again about people attending or not attending a football match ?.
Whoever will go will go.
My original point was about the 1 o clock k.o making it harder for folk to attend an away match on boxing day. You decided to jump on it like you usually do as if to imply I'm some sort of idiot for daring to suggest this.
I can just see you now, in a rage at your computer tapping away muttering to yourself that someone has dared to put a valid post on here regarding your specialist subject of attendances.
So..... To reiterate, I think a 500 to 600 away following on boxing day to Grimsby for a 1 o clock kick off will be a good effort.
He who laughs last clearly didn't get it...
joey bananas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:26 pm
Location: church warsop

Re: Grimsby tickets on sale - Boxing day 1pm Kick off

Postby Spiritater » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:00 am

Folks who work in retail on a Boxing Day I'd imagine will have known when the fixtures came out in June and the KO times subsequently change in late July early August that there could be a teenzy weenzy little bit of a problem in getting to Grimsby for 3 let alone 1pm and if they were gonna go they'd have made sure they could with a holiday/lieu day/rest day put in in plenty of time so the management could cover it. 'Failing to plan is planning to fail' or as whiffy'd say, 'perfect planning prevents pee poor performance'.

Boxing Day, the shops, the few that are open in town will not be busting at the seams with folk. I've been down before pre a Boxing Day fixture and it's pretty much 'spot the customer'. The hours on a Boxing Day are 10-4pm I'd imagine and if you were working I can't imagine your boss'd let you go at 12 or 2 it'd be pretty pointless you coming in in the first place.

I'd imagine also if you work in retail you sign up to the job knowing it's pretty likely you'll be working most Saturdays (just ask gazza1988 when he worked at Tesco's).

5-600 will be probably the attendance anyway and if it'd been a 3pm k/o I personally think it'd make little difference to how many we'd take what with family stuff, parties, reduced, travel services, folk listening on that fantastic service ifollow, weather etc.

The fact is, and it's not a hard one to grasp that probably 90% of the working population have Boxing Day off, and therefore it makes little difference if it's played at 1pm or 3pm.
Last edited by Spiritater on Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 16544
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Grimsby tickets on sale - Boxing day 1pm Kick off

Postby Dan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:10 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
adamstag wrote:bet all those No swearing please who went out looking for fights and leaving early last year feel big and clever now.

If you were one of those idiots, cheers for the early KO.


I agree it spoils it for the rest of us.


What amuses me is that the police move these Boxing Day kick offs to 1pm or earlier not realising that the majority of people who will be driving to the game will still be half pissed from the night before, thus potentially causing more road traffic accidents on Boxing Day. Barmy.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5980
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Grimsby tickets on sale - Boxing day 1pm Kick off

Postby Spiritater » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:18 pm

Dan wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
adamstag wrote:bet all those No swearing please who went out looking for fights and leaving early last year feel big and clever now.

If you were one of those idiots, cheers for the early KO.


I agree it spoils it for the rest of us.


What amuses me is that the police move these Boxing Day kick offs to 1pm or earlier not realising that the majority of people who will be driving to the game will still be half pissed from the night before, thus potentially causing more road traffic accidents on Boxing Day. Barmy.



But wouldn't anyone with any sense of responsibility tone down their alcohol consumption the day before, if they knew they'd be driving probably family and friends to Grimsby at 10am? I know I would.

Depending on your physical make up if you're sinking copious amounts of booze at an Xmas day party and don't go to bed till say 2-3 in the morning it could well leave you over the limit at 12 the next day... just ask Kirsty Gallagher. Did the right thing she thought after a divorce trauma sesh in getting a taxi home. Went back for the car at 10 the next day and when stopped by t'plod was twice over the limit.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 16544
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Grimsby tickets on sale - Boxing day 1pm Kick off

Postby Random Hero » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:04 pm

I'd rather poo in my hands and clap than go to that dosshole for an early kick off on Boxing Day, though I have vowed to never go to Grimsby again.

I reckon we'll take 600 tops.
User avatar
Random Hero
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1910
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: The wrong side of the M1

Re: Grimsby tickets on sale - Boxing day 1pm Kick off

Postby Dan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:59 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Dan wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
adamstag wrote:bet all those No swearing please who went out looking for fights and leaving early last year feel big and clever now.

If you were one of those idiots, cheers for the early KO.


I agree it spoils it for the rest of us.


What amuses me is that the police move these Boxing Day kick offs to 1pm or earlier not realising that the majority of people who will be driving to the game will still be half pissed from the night before, thus potentially causing more road traffic accidents on Boxing Day. Barmy.



But wouldn't anyone with any sense of responsibility tone down their alcohol consumption the day before, if they knew they'd be driving probably family and friends to Grimsby at 10am? I know I would.

Depending on your physical make up if you're sinking copious amounts of booze at an Xmas day party and don't go to bed till say 2-3 in the morning it could well leave you over the limit at 12 the next day... just ask Kirsty Gallagher. Did the right thing she thought after a divorce trauma sesh in getting a taxi home. Went back for the car at 10 the next day and when stopped by t'plod was twice over the limit.


Yes but you're quite sensible & have to think of your job whereas there will be others who will just do it on purpose or like the majority won't even realise their blood alcohol will be too high to drive.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5980
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Grimsby tickets on sale - Boxing day 1pm Kick off

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:25 pm

Dan wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
adamstag wrote:bet all those No swearing please who went out looking for fights and leaving early last year feel big and clever now.

If you were one of those idiots, cheers for the early KO.


I agree it spoils it for the rest of us.


What amuses me is that the police move these Boxing Day kick offs to 1pm or earlier not realising that the majority of people who will be driving to the game will still be half pissed from the night before, thus potentially causing more road traffic accidents on Boxing Day. Barmy.


Bet they aren’t.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 10275
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Grimsby tickets on sale - Boxing day 1pm Kick off

Postby Conker » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:08 pm

I bet they don’t too.

The majority of people don’t drink drive, thankfully.
Conker
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1460
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: Grimsby tickets on sale - Boxing day 1pm Kick off

Postby Dan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:21 pm

Conker wrote:I bet they don’t too.

The majority of people don’t drink drive, thankfully.


How do you know? People drive over the limit all the time without realising it.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5980
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Grimsby tickets on sale - Boxing day 1pm Kick off

Postby Conker » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:00 pm

Dan wrote:
Conker wrote:I bet they don’t too.

The majority of people don’t drink drive, thankfully.


How do you know? People drive over the limit all the time without realising it.


Not the majority though.
Conker
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1460
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: Grimsby tickets on sale - Boxing day 1pm Kick off

Postby Dan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:46 pm

Conker wrote:
Dan wrote:
Conker wrote:I bet they don’t too.

The majority of people don’t drink drive, thankfully.


How do you know? People drive over the limit all the time without realising it.


Not the majority though.


You don’t know that. Same as I don’t.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5980
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], daddycool, Martin Shaw, Onelove, Woodclanger 1 and 28 guests