{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

ifollow Blackpool Match

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: ifollow Blackpool Match

Postby robbingdog » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:30 pm

My streaming is like I'm on dial up

And before you say it, I am on super fast BT broadband
robbingdog
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Foxy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:50 pm

DAVE H wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Very impressed by this coverage already

Yes good coverage like this all ifollow games .only difference tonight you have commentary .

and replays.. and different camera angles, and cameras on the managers.. and highlights.. and its free

apart from that it's exactly the same
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:55 pm

Can’t believe Talkport are doing live coverage of BFC reserves v MTFC reserves . Bizarre!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby geoffhill » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:00 pm

good picture and comm mell is and mirfin potter playing well.we can win this.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:02 pm

Cant even be bothered to put it on
spanishstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stoney » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:16 pm

Foxy wrote:
DAVE H wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Very impressed by this coverage already

Yes good coverage like this all ifollow games .only difference tonight you have commentary .

and replays.. and different camera angles, and cameras on the managers.. and highlights.. and its free

apart from that it's exactly the same

It's totally different tonight! This is like watching a proper televised game, nothing like the normal ifollow service.

Mine is jumpy like others though, I've reset my internet and it's made no difference.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:18 pm

Mine stutters aswell but my internet is fine, quality is good though and it’s just like watching it on tv.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:21 pm

Mine was fine for about half an hour or so then started buffering. I'm guessing it's due to traffic coming on for the second half, maybe those thinking it was a 7.45 kick off!
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:29 pm

Gave me 30 minutes now telling me to upgrade subscription.
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:48 pm

U1-1 Butcher
Soldiers. Remember he also serves who only makes the sandwiches
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby west country stag » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:12 pm

Streaming was about as good as Thomas's penalty taking
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
west country stag
First Team
First Team

Postby ironbru » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:56 pm

If it doesnt get any better than this then i'm not subscribing next season. Not as good as previous years for me. As I go to most games, having the ability to watch the match the following day doesnt do owt for me either sorry.
Tonights streaming was shockingly bad, and i normally have no download speed issues
ironbru
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby mjneave » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:11 pm

Overall I was impressed with the coverage and quality. I only got the second half as I'd only just got home but good quality streaming and good quality coverage with various angles making it very clear our first 'goal' definitely did not cross the line completely. I'd prefer to have Martin Shaw's commentary though, he's very knowledgeable and I love the excitement and passion he brings without ever being blindly biased.
mjneave
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Spiritater » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:32 am

mjneave wrote:Overall I was impressed with the coverage and quality. I only got the second half as I'd only just got home but good quality streaming and good quality coverage with various angles making it very clear our first 'goal' definitely did not cross the line completely. I'd prefer to have Martin Shaw's commentary though, he's very knowledgeable and I love the excitement and passion he brings without ever being blindly biased. ;)

I think you needed that wink on the end.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:44 pm

Watched from start to finish and it was superb from my perspective. HD-type quality with no buffering. Thought the commo was good and the different camera angles / replays, etc. made it feel like a normal televised game.
Birminghamstag10
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Lick » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:18 pm

my commo was about 30 seconds behind the play anyone else have that as it was my first poke at the ifollow
Lick
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby mjneave » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:25 pm

I had a commentary delay that started when I was sending emails at the same time. I don't know if it's the bandwidth I've got or the computer trying to do more than it could cope with. However, when the email was closed a click on the refresh button brought the picture and commentary back together better - just a split second delay as the sound of a kick on the ball was just after the action had taken place. But that's nit picking.
mjneave
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:37 pm

if you missed the original video live broadcast, you can watch it back here if you are an iFollow subscriber --> https://www.mansfieldtown.net/matches/f ... 5-dec-172/

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:47 pm

ironbru wrote:If it doesnt get any better than this then i'm not subscribing next season. Not as good as previous years for me. As I go to most games, having the ability to watch the match the following day doesnt do owt for me either sorry.
Tonights streaming was shockingly bad, and i normally have no download speed issues

Worth remembering that when you subscribed, no-one expected that any games would be shown live on video. And they weren't in previous years either. Clearly for live video, you need a better and more consistent internet connection than just for audio. It's not just download speed like when downloading a film when the speed can be fast then slow etc and it doesn't make any difference. I had the video on in front of me on my laptop at the ground, and the wifi at the ground just wasn't consistent enough to sustain the picture. That wasn't the fault of iFollow, and would have been the same if trying to watch BT Sport online or Sky Sports skygo.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Bowesy in Brazil » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:19 pm

Up untill the Blackpool game I was able to have the commentary and the video open and sinc them both. This is easy to do.You just pause the link that is ahead. I am going to try it again for the next game.I was told that you are not allowed to watch and listen on two seperate tabs . I was informed it was a decision made by th EFL.
I had to listen to Blackpools commentary on the game. How is it that Blackpool are able toscreen with commentary but mansfield can't? Just to push the point I told the the rep on line my wife was visually impaired , which most people believe cos she married me lol, so she needs the commentary but i want to watch the game and so I asked why I should have to pay for two licences ....... then there was silence no reply . I love watching the game but I relly want to hear martin Shaws dulcet tones too.
Bowesy in Brazil
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:50 pm

part time pete busy helping Steve Evans count the number of Stags fans
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum