{ the forum }

Stagsnet wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Chickenfeed scorefred sponsored by footy on a Wed (7pm ko)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Chickenfeed scorefred sponsored by footy on a Wed (7pm k

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:25 pm

From what I understood from the radio Bobby dived the wrong way for all the Blackpool penalties. Their missed one hit the bar. So I guess Adamstag is pleased with him as well.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:31 pm

Amber Andy wrote:From what I understood from the radio Bobby dived the wrong way for all the Blackpool penalties. Their missed one hit the bar. So I guess Adamstag is pleased with him as well.

As we got knocked out of this cup due to it then yeah I am.

Do I want us to see is go another 11 games unbeaten in the league and fa cup without this sham of a tournament that's a pre-requisite for b teams (despite what the FA tell you), absolutely, let's have a great December and get in the top 3, starting with a win over Crawley Saturday.

My stance is backed up by attendances and fans points of view across the land. If you happen agree, excellent, if you don't then cool, it's a free world.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:54 pm

With our record from penalties this year, pretty happy to have scored 4!
Hjeldefan
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby stagmanrob » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:54 pm

Never mind Jack's penalty.

Olejnik's lean to the left and let you know which way I'm diving has to be the worst goalkeeping tactic in a shootout, that I have ever seen in my entire life.

Without the chickenfeed anyway, it means we'll have to keep putting out strong XI's like this in reserve matches to keep them match sharp.

Anyone in the know, knows that a good chunk of our reserve games are in-play on Bet365 and this makes it a sure fire profit maker.....so I'm not bothered we are out really.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:16 am

Amber Andy wrote:From what I understood from the radio Bobby dived the wrong way for all the Blackpool penalties. Their missed one hit the bar. So I guess Adamstag is pleased with him as well.

Olejnik went the right way for Taylor's pen that hit the bar and went over.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby oldweststander » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:04 am

I don't think SE will decide about Thomas's future on just a on missed penalty kick, if he did we will be a few players short in January.

Thomas's fate has been sealed for a very long time and he will be away come anytime soon I feel, he's not got any Chdckatrade games to play in so the lad can go.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:13 am

We drew away from home we lost on pens.
Well played all who tried.
I will stand by jack til the bitter end.
There is a massive talent there and we need to get the best out of him.
That's not just the coaches it's us the fans.
I've never called Lawrence's penalty at Cardiff because he was one of the whole squad who got us there.

It's sad on here sometimes calling players I don't know why Martin bothers.

:coys: :coys: :coys: :coys:
chip63
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby daddycool » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:38 am

Thought the team played well ,and shows we have a strong squad .
daddycool
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Johnny Rotten » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:44 am

Well done Chelsea for your development squad last night, yeah right

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-ne ... elsea.html
@beckenham_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:16 am

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:25 am

adamstag wrote:

Do I want us to see is go another 11 games unbeaten in the league and fa cup without this sham of a tournament that's a pre-requisite for b teams (despite what the FA tell you), absolutely, let's have a great December and get in the top 3, starting with a win over Crawley Saturday.

My stance is backed up by attendances and fans points of view across the land. If you happen agree, excellent, if you don't then cool, it's a free world.

I agree with Neil Redfern who was summerising on the radio last night, the competion gives fringe players the chance to prove themselves in a meaningful competition. It was also mentioned that SE has assembled a large talented squad and it must be difficult to keep them all happy and involved. I acknowledge the league is by far the most important competition this season and hope we continue our unbeaten run. The fact that we were rotating our squad meant that the competion did not impact negatively on our league form. By all accounts we tried to win last night and it was a good game of football. I am never happy when we lose and find it difficult to understand why you are Adamstag.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:06 am

Because it's an embarrassing competition that's lost any bit of credibility it had thanks to Shaun Harvey and the club's that keep voting for it.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:33 am

Richard Cranium wrote:Because it's an embarrassing competition that's lost any bit of credibility it had thanks to Shaun Harvey and the club's that keep voting for it.

I read somewhere that the reason clubs actually vote for it is because the EFL fund any match day losses. So it’s a free hit for all clubs involved. How true this is I don’t know
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:45 am

Sneag wrote:Well I'm counting that as 12 unbeaten no matter what happens on pens :)

Me too, the shootout is a lottery. The fact is over the 90mins our 2nd string held Lge 1 opposition away from home to a draw and we were the better side overall.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:50 am

so wanted JT to push on, sadly it looks like a sad farewell come Jan.
All the best lad
Stevie Evans Barmy Army
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:51 am

Evidently Leicester's team on Tuesday cost £50 million. Not much development there.
stag861
First Team
First Team

Postby Rob » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:59 am

I don't see why everyone is infatuated with the U21 clubs, this competition has always been poorly supported and has generally been used by clubs like us to give reserve players a competitive match. What the EFL Trophy has added is genuine financial reward for clubs like ours which can be vital for those less fortunate than us who do not have a wealthy owner. To want the club to lose, to want the club not to make money and to want fringe players not to get competitive matches under their belt is just unbelievable.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:21 am

Just watched the shoot out, Thomas's penalty was probably the worst Ive ever seen from a professional footballer, what was he trying to do?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:23 am

We were never going to win it anyway when Leicester used it on Tuesday to field £45m of FOREIGN talent, and Chelsea last night decided that after being on the bench for their Champion's League clash Tuesday, £30m Michy Batshuayi needed a run out less than 24 hours later where he promptly (and so he should!) scored 2 goals.

I really hope two U21 sides (preferably northern because of distance) get to the final and play in front of an empty Wembley.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:28 am

Agree terrible penalty and must have lost his nerve... the goalkeeper couldn't believe his luck it was like a back pass.
Anyway onwards and upwards a good run out for the fringe players and Crawley is much more important to focus on.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:13 am

Let me get this right...a young lad plays a pretty decent 20 mins out of position at right back... He then misses a penalty which I'm sure every player has at some point.....a competition that no one wants to play in but suddenly fans hounding him due to missing a penalty....

Why didn't mellis or others take one? Obvs they didn't volunteer...so look at their lack of balls for not taking one and have a go at them...

Honestly pathetic bandwagon jumping idiots....
Alwaysa5tag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stag on the Beach » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:22 am

City: Hamer, Amartey, Dragović, Benalouane, Wood, Choudhury (c), Ndukwu (Eppiah 70), Hughes, Thomas (Knight 91), Iheanacho (Muskwe 75), Ulloa.
Subs not used: Iversen, Pascanu, Dewsbury-Hall, Kaba Sherif.

If that line-up adds up to £45m, then the world truly has gone made!
Stag on the Beach
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby adamstag » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:28 am

Look i'm not bothered with it's Jack Thomas or Paul Pogba, that penalty is bloody terrible.

It's hileriously bad
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:29 am

Amber Andy wrote:
adamstag wrote:

I agree with Neil Redfern who was summerising on the radio last night, the competion gives fringe players the chance to prove themselves in a meaningful competition. It was also mentioned that SE has assembled a large talented squad and it must be difficult to keep them all happy and involved. I acknowledge the league is by far the most important competition this season and hope we continue our unbeaten run. The fact that we were rotating our squad meant that the competion did not impact negatively on our league form. By all accounts we tried to win last night and it was a good game of football. I am never happy when we lose and find it difficult to understand why you are Adamstag.

Cool, that's your perspective.

I don't want us losing any single match now until the end of the season, as all that's left is the league and a proper cup.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag on the Beach » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:32 am

Alwaysa5tag wrote:He then misses a penalty which I'm sure every player has at some point...

oldweststander wrote:Thomas's penalty was probably the worst Ive ever seen from a professional footballer

Gary Lineker anyone?
Stag on the Beach
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum