{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby old stag » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:50 pm

I am a proud Stags fan of at least 65 years, and will always be. Well done today to our management team ,our players and to all our fans who made the trip to Cardiff, you all made an old man very proud and Happy, also pleased Warnock gave our Sandy a mention.
old stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby G B » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:57 pm

Bradders wrote:
Minky123 wrote:Completely agree Martin ...let’s hope the boo boys take note

I think that there was a little confusion at the last home match, when Stags fans booed Carlisle's Richie Bennett (and the ref) as they approached the IGL, after the dubious penalty was taken.

I could be wrong, but I got the impression that Steve Evans thought that the booing was aimed at him. If others agree, perhaps it's time to clarify to him that the "boo boys" amount to a couple of people who got carried away with a misunderstanding about a substitution once and have since realised their stupid mistake.

I reminds me of a certain Stags goalkeeper many years ago who complained about being subject to abuse. I was there at the time (although keeping quiet!) and he misunderstood the banter completely, taking umbrage for no good reason.

So he's suffering from paranoia. Sometimes you need to rise above it and get on with it. If he gets us promoted at the end of the season he can rightly feel satisfied with his achievements. Until then he should crack on, focus on what he needs to do and ignore the criticism.
G B
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:59 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Minky123 wrote:Really has a bee in his bonnet about the home fans doesn’t he

Hes getting on my nerves now with this if you cant say something nice then dont say anything

Sorry SS, have I missed something? I thought he was praising the support today, as were the players.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:06 pm

Definitely some miscommunication going on here, he praised the team and wants the same support at home.

Back the team and they will be inspired and deliver - thats all he is saying and what we should be doing given we are well and truly in the promotion hunt.

Support the team at home as good if not better when we play away.

:coys:
Last edited by Stags 2002 on Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stags 2002
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:08 pm

Highlights now on BBc site.

Great save at the death, he’s turning into a very capable custodian
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:09 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Highlights now on BBc site.

From Pearce as well.
Who needs a Dutchman, when we've got Holland.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:11 pm

Big yella wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Highlights now on BBc site.

From Pearce as well.

Didn't look like pearce in the ground (thought it was a cardiff effort - clearly not :lol: ), but a world class save it did look and still does.

Well done conrad.
Stags 2002
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:14 pm

G B wrote:
Bradders wrote:

I think that there was a little confusion at the last home match, when Stags fans booed Carlisle's Richie Bennett (and the ref) as they approached the IGL, after the dubious penalty was taken.

I could be wrong, but I got the impression that Steve Evans thought that the booing was aimed at him. If others agree, perhaps it's time to clarify to him that the "boo boys" amount to a couple of people who got carried away with a misunderstanding about a substitution once and have since realised their stupid mistake.

I reminds me of a certain Stags goalkeeper many years ago who complained about being subject to abuse. I was there at the time (although keeping quiet!) and he misunderstood the banter completely, taking umbrage for no good reason.

So he's suffering from paranoia. Sometimes you need to rise above it and get on with it. If he gets us promoted at the end of the season he can rightly feel satisfied with his achievements. Until then he should crack on, focus on what he needs to do and ignore the criticism.

I don't want to labour the point but it wasn't a misunderstanding, one fan shouted personal abuse, about why had Logan been picked, during the penalty incident. Where I do agree is that it is only a handful of fans, 3 against Morecambe, 1 against Carlisle.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby S7AGS » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:58 pm

Whist I think Steve is doing a brilliant job and understand what you say Martin about it literally being only a total of about 4 fans that seem to have upset Steve....surely someone has said this to him / he knows it already yet he chooses to continually drop snide/cryptic remarks out in every interview which I find unnecessary.

I heard numerous “Steve Evans barmy army” chants by everyone today as I did the last few (and most since he took the job) yet he still seems peeved about some random idiots that are clearly a minority.

In his interview today he made it clear that the support was superb but still
Felt the need to infer that we need the same at home, not sure if I’ve missed anything but i think there is an equal amount of support at home albeit maybe a bit more reserved...not sure this is anything different at any other clubs - away fans tend to get there early and have a few beers and get in the spirt.

Amywa just my observation...I think Steve is tje best manager we have had in a long while and raises our profile but just wish he’d buy into the club more and stop seemingly trying to distance himself
S7AGS
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Bradders » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:21 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
G B wrote:
Bradders wrote:

I don't want to labour the point but it wasn't a misunderstanding, one fan shouted personal abuse, about why had Logan been picked, during the penalty incident. Where I do agree is that it is only a handful of fans, 3 against Morecambe, 1 against Carlisle.

I'm surprised that Evans even took notice of that then. It hardly qualifies as criticism and sounds like the opinion of one drunken fool.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:16 am

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewt ... 9e823a4668

Cardiff forum praise for stags fans

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewt ... 2&t=191690
More police than normal and leave cancelled due to expected trouble . Have we got that bad a reputation ?,
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Iliketrains » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:26 am

one f in mansfield wrote:http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=191700&sid=75f1f51e3f68e72588da089e823a4668

Yes indeed. Other than the buffoon who reckons people from Mansfield are parochial and all on spice. And Cardiff is such a beautiful place isn't it? In places it is just like in every town and city. Most people couldn't point to Mansfield on a map apparently. I'm sure we have great respect for the Cardiff fans as they do us but you always get one. :roll:
Last edited by Iliketrains on Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Big yella » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:27 am

Iliketrains wrote:
one f in mansfield wrote:http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=191700&sid=75f1f51e3f68e72588da089e823a4668

Yes indeed. Other than the buffoon who reckons people from Mansfield are parochial and all on spice. And Cardiff is such a beautiful place isn't it? I'm sure we have great respect for the Cardiff fans as they do us but you always get one. :roll:

Cardiff ha ha, they film Doctor Who there because it looks like the world is ending every week.
Who needs a Dutchman, when we've got Holland.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Iliketrains » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:37 am

Agree with the comments about the trouble though. In that sense i agree that perhaps we may indeed be correctly labelled as parochial. Go to the footy to support the team, watch the game and have a good time without causing bother to others. That's essentially what is expected of any fully mature adult.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Spiritater » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:21 am

They never have and never will. Once a boo boy always a boo boy.

It all stems from the small size of their todgers and feel the need to berate and boo as it makes them feel 'big'.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny Rotten » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:28 am

Stevenage and Carlisle are both below us in the league and have replays with championship opposition thus if the TV want to cover 'a lowest ranked side' left in the competition it may be swayed by the fourth round prize riding on it
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:29 am

Spiritater wrote:

They never have and never will. Once a boo boy always a boo boy.

It all stems from the small size of their todgers and feel the need to berate and boo as it makes them feel 'big'.

I always picture a boo boy as someone who dresses weird and leaps out from behind bushes shouting 'BOO!!' at random strangers.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:32 am

Johnny Rotten wrote:Stevenage and Carlisle are both below us in the league and have replays with championship opposition thus if the TV want to cover 'a lowest ranked side' left in the competition it may be swayed by the fourth round prize riding on it

But both are now to replay at the bigger club's ground, whereas we are at home and the potentual for an upset's greater.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Andy Perrin » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:00 am

Regards to Steve Evans keeping on moaning on about the minority boo boys, he needs to start showing some class, top managers never talk about those type of fans they only talk about positive fans, show some class Big Steve and rise above that crap, it makes you look inexperienced in dealing with it. Unless you can’t deal with it and it’s just your weakness.
Been a Glory Hunter since 1969
Andy Perrin
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby whipster221073 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:10 am

Spiritater wrote:
Johnny Rotten wrote:Stevenage and Carlisle are both below us in the league and have replays with championship opposition thus if the TV want to cover 'a lowest ranked side' left in the competition it may be swayed by the fourth round prize riding on it

But both are now to replay at the bigger club's ground, whereas we are at home and the potentual for an upset's greater.

Totally agree. Their "chance" has gone maybe. No justifiable reason why we wouldn't be on one of the TV channels replays. I would only see AFC v Spurs trumping us if that ends a draw today
MTFC not AFC
whipster221073
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:33 am

whipster221073 wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

Totally agree. Their "chance" has gone maybe. No justifiable reason why we wouldn't be on one of the TV channels replays. I would only see AFC v Spurs trumping us if that ends a draw today

Possibly also Wigan at home to Bournemouth due to their recent success in the competition and subsequent fall from grace.
Nightmare scenario would be to be picked for TV on the Thursday as we would then have 3 games in 6 days due to the rearranged Lincoln match.
Dave Wayne
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Jay » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:34 am

Wigan v Bournemouth will be on telly I’d imagine. I think we’d be on IF there’s a big prize for the winner. A top draw on Monday will swing it otherwise I can’t see why we’d be on. Probably go with Norwich at Chelsea.
Jay
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:39 am

How many replay games are shown? 2?

1 for BBC, 1 fot BT?
Stags 2002
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Johnny Rotten » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:54 am

Jay wrote:Wigan v Bournemouth will be on telly I’d imagine. I think we’d be on IF there’s a big prize for the winner. A top draw on Monday will swing it otherwise I can’t see why we’d be on. Probably go with Norwich at Chelsea.

And Wigan are fairly recent cup winners
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby whipster221073 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:11 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:How many replay games are shown? 2?

1 for BBC, 1 fot BT?

Yes
MTFC not AFC
whipster221073
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum