{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby Jamie » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:04 pm

Great result yesterday, really proud of the boys and those who went - you sounded great on the radio.

Getting very tired of hearing Evans digs at home fans. The vast majority are fully supportive yet he seems intent on making out he's being hounded at home when we know its a very small number of idiots. Its getting to the point where he's being borderline disrespectful to Stags fans now.

He's made his point, most agree we have some idiots but he needs to change the record before he starts to offend those who are supporting him.

Let's hope next home game the few loud mouths who sit near him keep stum and we can all move forward together.
Jamie
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3989
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:42 am
Location: Mansfield

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby halifaxstag » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:13 pm

BBC Wales might pick it up. Leeds Utd currently beating Newport with a massively deflected goal. Berardi credited with it at moment but deflection was off his own player (Lasoggo))
halifaxstag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:18 am

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby Bros » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:30 pm

Macca seems to be taking over the Jamma cheerleader role. For the second game running he was the first to come over to thank the fans
Bros
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:33 am

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby abc » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:32 pm

Jamie wrote:Great result yesterday, really proud of the boys and those who went - you sounded great on the radio.

Getting very tired of hearing Evans digs at home fans. The vast majority are fully supportive yet he seems intent on making out he's being hounded at home when we know its a very small number of idiots. Its getting to the point where he's being borderline disrespectful to Stags fans now.

He's made his point, most agree we have some idiots but he needs to change the record before he starts to offend those who are supporting him.

Let's hope next home game the few loud mouths who sit near him keep stum and we can all move forward together.


It's a bit like people on here keep bringing it up eh ?
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1053
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby tiptop » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:32 pm

Jamie wrote:Great result yesterday, really proud of the boys and those who went - you sounded great on the radio.

Getting very tired of hearing Evans digs at home fans. The vast majority are fully supportive yet he seems intent on making out he's being hounded at home when we know its a very small number of idiots. Its getting to the point where he's being borderline disrespectful to Stags fans now.

He's made his point, most agree we have some idiots but he needs to change the record before he starts to offend those who are supporting him.

Let's hope next home game the few loud mouths who sit near him keep stum and we can all move forward together.


Thing is there are 2 stewards that stand in between the dig outs, if Evans can hear the so called abuse (so should the stewards) why don't the stewards evict the people in question ?? If the abuse is so bad ?? personally I don't see what Evans is moaning at he and raynor should and swear just as bad,you can hear them in igu....
tiptop
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 622
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:37 pm

Bros wrote:Macca seems to be taking over the Jamma cheerleader role. For the second game running he was the first to come over to thank the fans


He's been doing this all season.

Every home game you can guarantee the two players that make an effort to come over towards blocks Q / P then clap every fan as they walk down the IG stand (as opposed to clapping from the centre of the pitch) are Macca and Diamond without fail.

They always get a big applause for doing so.
Stags 2002
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 805
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby whipster221073 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:18 pm

tiptop wrote:
Jamie wrote:Great result yesterday, really proud of the boys and those who went - you sounded great on the radio.

Getting very tired of hearing Evans digs at home fans. The vast majority are fully supportive yet he seems intent on making out he's being hounded at home when we know its a very small number of idiots. Its getting to the point where he's being borderline disrespectful to Stags fans now.

He's made his point, most agree we have some idiots but he needs to change the record before he starts to offend those who are supporting him.

Let's hope next home game the few loud mouths who sit near him keep stum and we can all move forward together.


Thing is there are 2 stewards that stand in between the dig outs, if Evans can hear the so called abuse (so should the stewards) why don't the stewards evict the people in question ?? If the abuse is so bad ?? personally I don't see what Evans is moaning at he and raynor should and swear just as bad,you can hear them in igu....


because the stewards are busy talking to each other and telling people to sit down.
The abuse is very isolated like said before but it is audible. Should be stamped out.
MTFC not AFC
whipster221073
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1458
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:06 pm
Location: I'm behind you!!

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby Cockney Stag » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:50 pm

Only my 2nd away day of the season, after Coventry, supporters were fantastic again. I really do think it helps the players.
Cockney Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:44 pm
Location: Barnet, London

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:21 pm

Excellent day out.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3299
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:15 pm

:)

User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3707
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby Tel » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:52 pm

Gotta hope it happens.

Watching Pep open mouthed as SE gives him his full repertoire would be priceless.
Tel
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby Spiritater » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:58 pm

Tel wrote:Gotta hope it happens.

Watching Pep open mouthed as SE gives him his full repertoire would be priceless.


Wouldn't you frown and say, 'tut, tut Steve you are an embarassment,' like a lot of the others on here, who then blub their eyes out cos he's not come across to clap them post match?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 16732
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby Sneag » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:18 pm

Sneag wrote:Given that I didn't go today as it's our lasses 49.99999r birthday and I'm bound by law to do husbandy raspberries all day & the fact that we'll be in Berlin when the 4th Round is played, then by the law of sod a Stags win in inevitable.


flipping fuckety raspberry!!!!
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5842
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: Evidently Chickentown

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby Tel » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:29 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Tel wrote:Gotta hope it happens.

Watching Pep open mouthed as SE gives him his full repertoire would be priceless.


Wouldn't you frown and say, 'tut, tut Steve you are an embarassment,' like a lot of the others on here, who then blub their eyes out cos he's not come across to clap them post match?


You really are up your own aren't you.

I said none of that, but hey you assume away.

Oh and by the way, he is an embarrassment at times, although I made no reference to that here.

Do you think he's a great role model ?

Just asking ?
Tel
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby Stoney » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:48 pm

Amberheart wrote:
Stoney wrote:
part time pete wrote:Last time we made 4th round we had a similar 3rd round draw.

When we were walking out of the Harrogate Railway game we heard Brighton away and felt disappointed but we went and beat them and getting soaked in the uncovered seating miles from the pitch.

Great win down at Brighton. E-On sponsored it at the time and paid for a coach from Mansfield to Brighton but nobody clicked on, 4 of us booked on and there was on 7 of us including the driver on a 60 seater coach, weird journey down!

Think Hamshaw scored?

I remember it well Stoney , we watched your Max & Paddy DVD on way down lol

Haha I've only just seen this. Can't remember watching that but we probably did! Not many of us on there mate.
Stoney
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2683
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:25 pm
Location: Bolsover.

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby part time pete » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:02 pm

Sneag wrote:
Sneag wrote:Given that I didn't go today as it's our lasses 49.99999r birthday and I'm bound by law to do husbandy raspberries all day & the fact that we'll be in Berlin when the 4th Round is played, then by the law of sod a Stags win in inevitable.


flipping fuckety raspberry!!!!


Didn’t you fly back from holiday in Spain for the 2004 Millennium Stadium game.

They do planes from Berlin you know :lol: :lol:
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 4685
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby Spiritater » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:08 pm

Tel wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Tel wrote:Gotta hope it happens.

Watching Pep open mouthed as SE gives him his full repertoire would be priceless.


Wouldn't you frown and say, 'tut, tut Steve you are an embarassment,' like a lot of the others on here, who then blub their eyes out cos he's not come across to clap them post match?


You really are up your own aren't you.

I said none of that, but hey you assume away.

Oh and by the way, he is an embarrassment at times, although I made no reference to that here.

Do you think he's a great role model ?

Just asking ?


It's just gone completely over your head hasn't it :lol:

I wasn't referring to you personally but to those precious petals mentioned later in the post, sorry if you've misconstrued.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 16732
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby Dan » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:17 pm

Bradders wrote:I reminds me of a certain Stags goalkeeper many years ago who complained about being subject to abuse. I was there at the time (although keeping quiet!) and he misunderstood the banter completely, taking umbrage for no good reason.


I can remember Jason Pearcey telling me to tell the FTYBR lads to watch out as him and his boys were going to see them down town one night :lol: :lol: This was walking across the pitch at Gillingham before a match when he was on the bench!!! He'd been on the receiving end of some (justified) criticism and recognised a couple of them.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6007
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby Sneag » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:19 pm

part time pete wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Sneag wrote:Given that I didn't go today as it's our lasses 49.99999r birthday and I'm bound by law to do husbandy raspberries all day & the fact that we'll be in Berlin when the 4th Round is played, then by the law of sod a Stags win in inevitable.


flipping fuckety raspberry!!!!


Didn’t you fly back from holiday in Spain for the 2004 Millennium Stadium game.

They do planes from Berlin you know :lol: :lol:


Just a few months before my divorce oddly enough. :lol:
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5842
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: Evidently Chickentown

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby part time pete » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:15 pm

Sneag wrote:
part time pete wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Sneag wrote:Given that I didn't go today as it's our lasses 49.99999r birthday and I'm bound by law to do husbandy raspberries all day & the fact that we'll be in Berlin when the 4th Round is played, then by the law of sod a Stags win in inevitable.


flipping fuckety raspberry!!!!


Didn’t you fly back from holiday in Spain for the 2004 Millennium Stadium game.

They do planes from Berlin you know :lol: :lol:


Just a few months before my divorce oddly enough. :lol:


Better not tell the new Missus that you might be flying back again. :lol: :lol:
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 4685
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby ParisStag » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:44 pm

Sneag wrote:
part time pete wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Sneag wrote:Given that I didn't go today as it's our lasses 49.99999r birthday and I'm bound by law to do husbandy raspberries all day & the fact that we'll be in Berlin when the 4th Round is played, then by the law of sod a Stags win in inevitable.


flipping fuckety raspberry!!!!


Didn’t you fly back from holiday in Spain for the 2004 Millennium Stadium game.

They do planes from Berlin you know :lol: :lol:


Just a few months before my divorce oddly enough. :lol:


I brought my ex over from Paris for the Darlington Wembley game for her birthday. 8-)
User avatar
ParisStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3782
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:13 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:20 am

:) Just hope we can do some giant killing and get the job done :D

Super Stags 1 Cardiff 0 Rose :)

:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3707
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby bigalstag » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:21 pm

Can somebody explain to me why A block, which is supposed to be our family area, gets put on general sale before J and H blocks. Kind of makes a mockery of the situation, as you don't know what or who is going to buy these tickets!.
bigalstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:39 pm

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby old ram stag » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:52 pm

According to online tickets site we have 1 ticket left in west upper, about 15 in quarry lane and 130 in lower west 2 end blocks.
old ram stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1323
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:32 pm

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round thread sponsored by (Cardiff City away)

Postby Stafford » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:27 pm

I've got two adult and one kids ticket available. If anyone's interested then PM me. I bought three tickets and the club charged me for six and sent me two lots of three.
Woke up this morning feeling fine...

First Stags game:

Stags 0 - 0 Exeter City
April 24, 1993
Stafford
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 991
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:37 am
Location: Ollerton

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], ian23, Martin Shaw, nick_stags and 44 guests