{ the forum }

Stagsnet wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Please Remember

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Please Remember

Postby ftybr68 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:01 am

Don't know if it's been said before but on Sunday we need to back our boys big style! I'm talking about current not past. It's unusual to see two former managers in the away dugout, but remember that's what they are, former. Whilst no doubt they have fond memories of their time here but remember they will be doing their uttermost to knock us out.
They will always have respect here at Mansfield but Sunday is not the time to show it! All week it's been Cox this and Murray that. What they are now is a managerial duo that would love nothing better than to knock our team out of the FA Cup remember that please. Give them a chant and a clap if we beat them, not before!
They are just part of a non-league outfit that would love to stuff us and get to Round 3, let's not let our past fondness get in the way of our goal of reaching that round ourselves.
Last edited by ftybr68 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
ftybr68
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Please Remember

Postby Stag in Italy » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:05 am

Now where is the like button.

One post that actually has common sense all over it. Well said Sir.
Stag in Italy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:14 am

Stag in Italy wrote:Now where is the like button.

One post that actually has common sense all over it. Well said Sir.

Agreed.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:20 am

ftybr68 wrote:They will always have respect here at Mansfield but Sunday is not the time to show it!

Sunday is the only time most fans can show it, since they have not returned before.

ftybr68 wrote:Give them a chant and a clap if we beat them, not before!

I disagree with you here Steve. I think they should be shown respect on returning to the club for what they achieved. So a good reception before the game, including when they come out.

Then once the game starts, we want to beat them, and there's no sentiment whatsoever.

Anyway, everyone will make their own choice on the day.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby oldweststander » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:31 am

Well said Martin
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:36 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
ftybr68 wrote:They will always have respect here at Mansfield but Sunday is not the time to show it!

Sunday is the only time most fans can show it, since they have not returned before.

ftybr68 wrote:Give them a chant and a clap if we beat them, not before!

I disagree with you here Steve. I think they should be shown respect on returning to the club for what they achieved. So a good reception before the game, including when they come out.

Then once the game starts, we want to beat them, and there's no sentiment whatsoever.

Anyway, everyone will make their own choice on the day.

I'm with you on that Martin. there are still some who don't clap SE when he comes out.
stag861
First Team
First Team

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:45 am

In the clip on another thread Cox seems quite relaxed, Murray on the other hand you can tell is pretty bitter about life and the past.
For me an ordinary footballer in his second spell, who was given a chance to manage a club by a very benevolent owner, and then stuffed it up completely.
He then went to Boston, and said on BBC Lincs about how he'd left us in a good place.....what??!! He then changed the staff, took some of his mates, left them still in the mire, and now he is here again, popping up like a bad penny, or a lucky one.

For me I have hardened my attitude a bit. Can you imagine the smirks if they beat us?
No there will be no boos from me, a polite applause for Cox at the end, but AM? No thanks, you made a good living here, and surrounded yourself with sycophants which contributed to your inevitable undoing.

Lets get to Round 3.
Mr Grimsdale
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Hjeldefan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:10 am

Crikey we are saying we will thank them for what they have done for the club in the past. We aren't giving them a 2 goal start. Nothing wrong with showing respect to someone who contributed to the most important promotion in our history, and if the players let a round of applause for an old manager distract them somehow, then we really are in trouble.
Hjeldefan
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby ParisStag » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:24 am

Can't believe the harshness of some fans in wanting to deny these two the standing ovation they both deserve BEFORE kick off. Some of you need to smile a bit! They are both legends and I for one will be receiving them as such, before and after the game.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby ftybr68 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:03 pm

They have my respect. I will never forget what they did at my club but I'm not going to get all sentimental before kick off! It's a vastly important game for our team and the focus should be to beat them first and pay tribute later. Like I said, come kick off all Cox and Murray will want to do is knock us out. They won't be thinking, oh what a lovely welcome, their focus will be on winning and so should ours.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to hear booing before kick off but I don't want to hear chanting either! Remember they are coming to try and beat us not for a gentleman's light game of bowls followed by sandwiches and tea on the lawn!
Let's go to war - we can do the peace talks after.
Just my opinion like ha ha
Football is wonderful and gives folks like you and me the chance to voice our views! Whether you agree or not? No one is right and no one is wrong!
ftybr68
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:26 pm

That’s what makes us different. Both will get a big ovation from me as the memories that Paul Cox gave us will be cherished for a lifetime. I don’t think there will be a night like the one at hereford for a very long time, if not ever! It’s the least he deserves after getting us out of that hole
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:30 pm

Both will get a standing ovation from me when they walk out . Although I do think it was time for Cox to move on , I can't thank him enough for getting us out of the conference . Murray is a legend to me . Excellent player who gave 100% for the club , both on and off the pitch . I thought he did a reasonable job as manager . Better than some we had who had more experience . He brought some decent players to the club with I'd imagine a lot lower budget than Evans got .
If they beat us then they will get applauded for doing so , if we beat them then I will applaud them for getting this far .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:46 pm

:lol: bit of back ground music sunday :lol:

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:22 pm

oldweststander wrote:Well said Martin

Echo that !
yellowstagsfan
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkstag » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:23 pm

There's nothing sentimental about saying thank you - and we should . A few minutes is the least we can do

The players will not be distracted

Lets show some class

COYS
yorkstag
First Team
First Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:14 pm

People are gonna do what they want to do. Not worth getting upset about it either way.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:19 pm

ftybr68 wrote:They have my respect. I will never forget what they did at my club but I'm not going to get all sentimental before kick off! It's a vastly important game for our team and the focus should be to beat them first and pay tribute later. Like I said, come kick off all Cox and Murray will want to do is knock us out. They won't be thinking, oh what a lovely welcome, their focus will be on winning and so should ours.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to hear booing before kick off but I don't want to hear chanting either! Remember they are coming to try and beat us not for a gentleman's light game of bowls followed by sandwiches and tea on the lawn!
Let's go to war - we can do the peace talks after.
Just my opinion like ha ha
Football is wonderful and gives folks like you and me the chance to voice our views! Whether you agree or not? No one is right and no one is wrong!

Spot on
Mr Grimsdale
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby FarnieStag » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:44 pm

I never met Murray, but did meet Paul Cox as I bought tickets for a match with my son and have to say he was a true gent and very friendly and more than happy to chat. He also of course won a championship title so he absolutely will receive a warm round of applause from me and my family. For those who want to boo and jeer and hate... isn't life just too short?
FarnieStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ftybr68 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:14 pm

Love chucking in a grenade..... Boooommmmm
Well done to all for taking part in a debate minus any silly personal name calling! Shows we have a class in supporting our team
ftybr68
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Rob » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:07 pm

ftybr68 wrote:Love chucking in a grenade..... Boooommmmm
Well done to all for taking part in a debate minus any silly personal name calling! Shows we have a class in supporting our team

Disagree with you on this one Steve - this is a perfect chance to thank Paul for the work he did, yes once the game starts its back to business, but his achievement was monumental - he will get a good ovation, I'm surprised you won't be joining in.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:02 pm

I too will give both of them a generous round of applause. They both deserve it, for the effort and achievements at the club. After that I will be cheering our team to help them get us into round three.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:04 pm

Got to disagree with you regarding this Steve. What Cox achieved (and Muz as skipper) - whether aided by favourable financial clout or not - was probably the most important event in our modern history. Personally I'm eternally grateful and will be on my feet clapping them on to our/their field.

Of course, I then want to witness a comfortable afternoons work please.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby ftybr68 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:19 pm

Looks like most will clap them then! Fine with me if that's what people want to do.
Remember though my post wasn't questioning what they achieved, I will be forever grateful for what they both did for my football club, I just thought that waiting until after was the better way of going about things. They will like nothing more than to rub our noses in the mire by winning and knocking us out!
Still out of respect of others, I will stand and gently applaud with you all before commentary but if we lose, then you lot are to blame ha ha!
Again thanks all of you for taking part in a sensible debate. See stagsnet is capable after all
ftybr68
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Foxy » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:20 pm

i think we should have a special presentation after the game coxy and muzza

they could put a big advertising board blocking out the view from the west stand again like they did when we won promotion.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby Bridgford Stag » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:21 pm

ftybr68 wrote:Looks like most will clap them then! Fine with me if that's what people want to do.
Remember though my post wasn't questioning what they achieved, I will be forever grateful for what they both did for my football club, I just thought that waiting until after was the better way of going about things. They will like nothing more than to rub our noses in the mire by winning and knocking us out!
Still out of respect of others, I will stand and gently applaud with you all before commentary but if we lose, then you lot are to blame ha ha!
Again thanks all of you for taking part in a sensible debate. See stagsnet is capable after all

I can't get to the match but I would love to applaud Coxy and Muz so I hope others will do that for me for their cause to MTFC.

fty.....not sure I like your stance.. ;) .

...glad to see you will 'gently' applaud before commentary and that if we lose '...you (aka we?) lot are to blame ha ha!'

....'sensible debate' mi owd?

Not really in my book

:roll:
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum