{ the forum }

Stagsnet wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

FA Cup Guiseley Scorefred sponsored by bring on the big boys

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: FA Cup Guiseley Scorefred sponsored by bring on the big

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:45 pm

Rob wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Rob wrote:Average performance against an average side, though I did enjoy the game. Some will no doubt get carried away but there were some positives, notably Atkinson who was terrific in the holding midfield role and Spencer who had a good game even without the goals. From 100 yards away I thought straight red a bit harsh, second sending off nailed on. Evans remains an utter embarrassment with his infantile behaviour. Be glad to get back in QLE where you don't really notice him. Nice to see the vast majority give Cox a warm welcome, though his behaviour was only marginally better than Evans.

Hopefully we get a big club away in 3rd round, be great to see John get some if his money back!

Come on Rob, allow yourself to enjoy the easiest win you will see all season. Yes we should have won by more but we had 24 shots and hit the post twice. A dominant performance against terrible opposition.

Both red cards were spot on. First was studs up, knee high. Definite red.

I did enjoy the game, but you have to be realistic, Guiseley were poor and down to 10 for half the game and 9 for the last 20 mins or so. You might be right about the red, we'll see when we get video.

It was nice to win so comfortably and great to be in Rd 3.

The highlights are already on the BBC website, I am right :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:50 pm

It was a walk in the park . We never got out of second gear . They made it easier for us with getting players sent off . Spenicer was excellent . He could of had five goals . I agree with Rob regarding Atkinson . If we played him against the dippers , we would of won . He was very good at breaking the play up .
I think they came with a plan to rough us up hoping we would retaliate but we kept our cool .
Easy day at the office . Hopefully a home draw or away against a big club . Personally I would like us to go on a good cup run . It's been a while .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:52 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:52 pm

It was a very good 1st goal, and yes Musings, definite red card.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:58 pm

Thought we played well and did the professional job on them, they were awful though - like a pub team. Dominated the game and guiseley wouldn’t have scored if they were still playing now. Pleased for spencer to get a hat trick and he fully deserved it.

There has to be one moan - and that’s to some fans. I was sat next to a right burk. We were 3-0 up and had possession and he was shouting ‘WE’RE MAKING IT TOO EASY FOR THEM’ ‘WHY ARENT WE PASSING IT QUICKER?’ etc etc, literally moaning about anything possible when we seemed to be taking it easy on them.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:07 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:07 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:Thought we played well and did the professional job on them, they were awful though - like a pub team. Dominated the game and guiseley wouldn’t have scored if they were still playing now. Pleased for spencer to get a hat trick and he fully deserved it.

There has to be one moan - and that’s to some fans. I was sat next to a right burk. We were 3-0 up and had possession and he was shouting ‘WE’RE MAKING IT TOO EASY FOR THEM’ ‘WHY ARENT WE PASSING IT QUICKER?’ etc etc, literally moaning about anything possible when we seemed to be taking it easy on them.

I had one mupet near me that didn't stop moaning about Spencer until he scored his third goal . I came so close to putting his lights out . .
Anyone could see how easy a game it was . You only have to look how much the players celebrated after each goal . Maybe it was respect for Cox and Murray ?
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:10 pm

tmwilson wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:Thought we played well and did the professional job on them, they were awful though - like a pub team. Dominated the game and guiseley wouldn’t have scored if they were still playing now. Pleased for spencer to get a hat trick and he fully deserved it.

I had one mupet near me that didn't stop moaning about Spencer until he scored his third goal . I came so close to putting his lights out . .
Anyone could see how easy a game it was . You only have to look how much the players celebrated after each goal . Maybe it was respect for Cox and Murray ?

We were sat near an older chap who clearly was not a CJ fan! I thought CJ had a good game, he is so quick.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:13 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Jamie wrote:They had words first half but that was all. Cox didn't do or say much really. He did walk straight off at full time, Evans headed his way till he realised he'd gone.

Bit classless from Coxy, but Evans and co were there ususal embarrassment in our dugout all game.

Easy win, should of been more but our finishing and final ball was very poor.

No he didn’t walk straight off. The BBC cameras clearly showed him going over to their fans and then calling their players over.

Straight off towards there fans, ie away from Evans to his right...
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:16 pm

I had to hold back from having a go at them, why can’t they just enjoy watching us win comfortably rather than criticising every pass, tackle, foul, mistake or shot?

hamilton had a great game, terrifies their defenders with his trickiness and pace and also won the foul which led to the second sending off. still got grumpy old gits screaming at him
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:19 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:28 pm

not surprised coxy went straight over to their fans after Rayns screamed "F**K Offf Coxy" at him in the first half... i heard that in the IGU.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:39 pm

Jamie wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Jamie wrote:They had words first half but that was all. Cox didn't do or say much really. He did walk straight off at full time, Evans headed his way till he realised he'd gone.

Bit classless from Coxy, but Evans and co were there ususal embarrassment in our dugout all game.

Easy win, should of been more but our finishing and final ball was very poor.

No he didn’t walk straight off. The BBC cameras clearly showed him going over to their fans and then calling their players over.

Straight off towards there fans, ie away from Evans to his right...

So he didn’t walk straight off then. Thanks for clearing that up.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:52 pm

Foxy wrote:not surprised coxy went straight over to their fans after Rayns screamed "F**K Offf Coxy" at him in the first half... i heard that in the IGU.

They used to play with each other at Kettering so obviously know each other. Both competitive characters...
Last edited by halifaxstag on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
halifaxstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Conker » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:08 pm

It’s almost like Evans wants to be centre of attention, so frustrating.

It’s never really bothered me but when it gets to the point it’s stopping the actual game it’s annoying.
Conker
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby pemill » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:11 pm

Comfortable win in the end, if it wasn't for their GK we could have been at least 3-0 in the first half hour.

Whilst Guiseley did well to get to get to this round, I can only assume they didn't turn up today, they offered nothing going forward.

A nice easy passage to Round 3, unusual for us.
pemill
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:12 pm

Conker wrote:It’s almost like Evans wants to be centre of attention, so frustrating.

It’s never really bothered me but when it gets to the point it’s stopping the actual game it’s annoying.

if we win i honestly don’t care what evans does, we all knew what he was like before he came here and he isn’t going to change anytime soon.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:17 pm

It was quite funny in the first half when Evans did his usual once a week sarcastically applaud the referee, only this time instead of coming over and giving Evans his ear which is what he wants, the ref just completely ignored him. Evans applauded for about 30 seconds waiting for a reaction but didn't get it.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:18 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Conker wrote:It’s almost like Evans wants to be centre of attention, so frustrating.

if we win i honestly don’t care what evans does, we all knew what he was like before he came here and he isn’t going to change anytime soon.

Exactly Bobby, and we need a bit of arrogance to get out of this league. Evans opinion of himself will not allow us to fail, and finally we are looking like a side recently. Chesterfield 2nd Half excepted.
Mr Grimsdale
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby adamstag » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:22 pm

I today showed exactly why CJ would currently make a cracking conference player, he's on his way to being league standard, but nothing more just yet.

His pace was great today, but the football aspects to his game let him down badly, as they so often do.

In general I thought we played well, professional and avoided the banana skin. A kind draw in the 3rd round would be excellent for transfer window.

Thrilled Jimmy get some much needed game time and goals. Hopefully this will assist him with confidence moving forward.

A word for guiseley though, what utter and complete shambles they were, the tackles were terrible, late and high more than once. God knows how Accrington lost to them
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:26 pm

Mr Grimsdale wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Exactly Bobby, and we need a bit of arrogance to get out of this league. Evans opinion of himself will not allow us to fail, and finally we are looking like a side recently. Chesterfield 2nd Half excepted.

Evans and Rayns can walk round like a badly dressed breakdancer if they want to, be vociferous on the touchline and annoy the odd fan. They are a good pair. They are winners, and some fans have forgotten what winners look like. Just allow it, these comments about Evan's touchline behavior are really boring.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:32 pm

adamstag wrote:I today showed exactly why CJ would currently make a cracking conference player, he's on his way to being league standard, but nothing more just yet.

His pace was great today, but the football aspects to his game let him down badly, as they so often do.

In general I thought we played well, professional and avoided the banana skin. A kind draw in the 3rd round would be excellent for transfer window.

Thrilled Jimmy get some much needed game time and goals. Hopefully this will assist him with confidence moving forward.

A word for guiseley though, what utter and complete shambles they were, the tackles were terrible, late and high more than once. God knows how Accrington lost to them

Harsh on CJ in my opinion, his finishing needs work but they're clearly working on his crossing and it is is now much much better than it was at the start of the season, he found a yellow shirt on countless occasions today when he got to the byline. He's a big player for us as he puts teams in the back foot, when he plays well, the team tends to play well as he drags us up the pitch.
BH_Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby adamstag » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:41 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
adamstag wrote:I today showed exactly why CJ would currently make a cracking conference player, he's on his way to being league standard, but nothing more just yet.

Harsh on CJ in my opinion, his finishing needs work but they're clearly working on his crossing and it is is now much much better than it was at the start of the season, he found a yellow shirt on countless occasions today when he got to the byline. He's a big player for us as he puts teams in the back foot, when he plays well, the team tends to play well as he drags us up the pitch.

He's only young, I like to think of him as a league 2 Raheem Stirling. It'll come.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:59 pm

halifaxstag wrote:
Foxy wrote:not surprised coxy went straight over to their fans after Rayns screamed "F**K Offf Coxy" at him in the first half... i heard that in the IGU.

They used to play with each other at Kettering so obviously know each other.

did they really?
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:01 pm

Agree he has exceptional pace which scares defenders.I think he will continue to improve and will become a very good player.We were playing a poor side a good run out for us.spencer played well and is a good alternative to Hemmings.I expect us to go up a gear now and certainly keep in the play off places if not the top three.We have a very good squad possibly the best in the league.Evans may add a couple in January but they will have to be better than the current players.I do agree with many fans on here that the management duo do go over the top too many times.I applaud their passion but they need to rein it in sometimes.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum