{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Woburn Lane & Hotel Update

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Woburn Lane & Hotel Update

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri May 11, 2018 11:23 am

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat May 12, 2018 11:10 am

This facility will elevate our club above the vast majority of League Two clubs and beyond many League One too.

Probably our first and currently only truly Championship quality asset once it's finished. Setting the benchmark that the team and Field Mill will need to follow.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat May 12, 2018 11:22 am

DoomMerchant wrote:This facility will elevate our club above the vast majority of League Two clubs and beyond many League One too.

Probably our first and currently only truly Championship quality asset once it's finished. Setting the benchmark that the team and Field Mill will need to follow.

It’s fantastic but we are way behind on this sort of stuff, quite a lot clubs already have similar facilities.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat May 12, 2018 1:06 pm

Conker wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:This facility will elevate our club above the vast majority of League Two clubs and beyond many League One too.

It’s fantastic but we are way behind on this sort of stuff, quite a lot clubs already have similar facilities.

Go on then. Name the L2 clubs that already own facilities like Woburn Road.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Sat May 12, 2018 5:19 pm

went up to have a look today it looks top class they gave now removed the hedge so can see the full site.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat May 12, 2018 6:52 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Conker wrote:

You can’t, can you Conker?

You make a sweeping assertion but you have no facts to back it up.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat May 12, 2018 7:13 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Conker wrote:

You can’t, can you Conker?

You make a sweeping assertion but you have no facts to back it up.

Only just seen it mate, let's not get carried away with scoring points on the internet.

I'll admit the first that actually came to mind are a non-league team technically now - Barnet.

Coventry, Crewe, Luton, Bury - who I think now run Manchester City old facilities, Lincoln are building a new seven figure training facility.

That's off the top of my head, so like I said, it's a fantastic facility and it's going to a huge benefit to the club but it's not something that's exclusive to us at this level.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Sat May 12, 2018 10:27 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::)

88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun May 13, 2018 8:18 am

Exclusive to LG2 or not doesn't matter to me. What does is that at last we have some proper facilities and a firm foundation for improvement and excellence.

Couldn't say for sure, but I'd bet many players look at the setup before signing to a club.

Pleased and proud to have JR as one of us :D
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun May 13, 2018 10:11 am

Nicely inserted a reference to bishop st. Still the one last amateurish asset of the club.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun May 13, 2018 11:09 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:

Nicely inserted a reference to bishop st. Still the one last amateurish asset of the club.

....not forgetting the current management team.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sun May 13, 2018 5:46 pm

abc wrote:

Getting Boring just like ABC
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun May 13, 2018 6:19 pm

SINA STAG wrote:
abc wrote:

Getting Boring just like ABC

Oh that really hurt.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu May 24, 2018 1:56 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri May 25, 2018 1:00 pm

That’s that ABC clunge back on ignore. What an utter window licker.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue May 29, 2018 11:15 am

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue May 29, 2018 12:06 pm

Have to say, i'm a tad disappointed by it really.

Using golden gravel instead of Cotswold chippings shows a real lack of ambition from the club ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Tue May 29, 2018 12:35 pm

Sourced locally from Vale Rd quarry
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue May 29, 2018 12:38 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:Have to say, i'm a tad disappointed by it really.

Using golden gravel instead of Cotswold chippings shows a real lack of ambition from the club ;)

I can't believe we have 4 walls but no roof. Surely the roof should be number one priority.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue May 29, 2018 2:01 pm

Why's the curtains not up yet!
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Tue May 29, 2018 2:12 pm

Not to mention the tables :lol:

In all seriousness though looking good, look forward to the open day.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue May 29, 2018 5:21 pm

Normaly with things of this nature a commemorative stone or plaque is set into t'buildng.Is there one?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue May 29, 2018 6:32 pm

Looks good enough for Cuckney to play Hosiery Mills on
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby steve-hymas » Tue May 29, 2018 9:54 pm

I’ve been to most league 2 clubs training grounds and nothing really compares.some have use of a 3G like Barnet.now non-league But don’t have tha pavillion ,dressing rooms and education hub to go with it .In fact most are very poor facilities .Ive heard Fleetwood have a nice new facility and lincoln are due to build one but have not seen the plans .
Really looking forward to it opening so I can relax as it’s been all work and no family holiday other than odd weekends .It will really be something to be proud of for the town .
Mark Burton our relatively new director has been a massive help with the project .
We have both been up there today looking at sinking a borehole for irrigation of the grass pitches.We can then vertidrain ,top dress and re-seed the two pitches already formed to make a top clas surface. A third will be formed in the bottom corner once all the spoil is levelled .
The road widening of the lane has started in preparation for the opening in September.I would expect that it will blossom in the following year once all the landscaping is complete .
:mtfc:
steve-hymas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Vice President » Tue May 29, 2018 9:59 pm

steve-hymas wrote:I’ve been to most league 2 clubs training grounds and nothing really compares.some have use of a 3G like Barnet.now non-league But don’t have tha pavillion ,dressing rooms and education hub to go with it .In fact most are very poor facilities .Ive heard Fleetwood have a nice new facility and lincoln are due to build one but have not seen the plans .
Really looking forward to it opening so I can relax as it’s been all work and no family holiday other than odd weekends .It will really be something to be proud of for the town .
Mark Burton our relatively new director has been a massive help with the project .
We have both been up there today looking at sinking a borehole for irrigation of the grass pitches.We can then vertidrain ,top dress and re-seed the two pitches already formed to make a top clas surface. A third will be formed in the bottom corner once all the spoil is levelled .
The road widening of the lane has started in preparation for the opening in September.I would expect that it will blossom in the following year once all the landscaping is complete .
:mtfc:

You have done a great job Steve. Well done!
Vice President
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum