{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

C J Hamilton

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

C J Hamilton

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:50 pm

Think he deserves a mention, I've been really impressed since he's come back into the team after his goal against Notts in the chickenfeed trophy.

He is starting to add extra bits to his game for example on many occasions closing down players and hounding them. This is then forcing them into mistakes, sometimes just by running at them.

He still needs confidence to shoot first time but is definitely a huge contribution to the team.

His pace is scaring at lot of defenders, and he can just run around them getting into dangerous positions to make the cross. Long may it continue.

Keep up the good work CJ.

:mansfield_till_i_die:
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: C J Hamilton

Postby stagmanrob » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:54 pm

We're definitely more of a threat with him in the team.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby natfromboza » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:55 pm

Always been a big fan of CJ and really pleased he is back in the side. He does a load of defensive work that sometimes goes unnoticed and he has the one thing you can't teach - Pace and bags of it! A real talent who will hopefully keep his place in the side now.
natfromboza
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:10 pm

He has continually improved since evans came in and is looking a real threat for us. I said we were missing him a few months ago and look what we’re doing when he plays ;)
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Frontrowhero » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:30 pm

Said under muzza's reign, that cj was quality and got shot down. At the moment he is one of the first names on the team sheet, been superb last 3 games arguably mom all 3. We look a different team with him in, his pace drags otherplayers to him to tackle creating space for everyone else. Might not get the goals but he contributes big time
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stagone1959 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:39 pm

I am a fan of his and he does prevent counter attacks by closing down or simply putting it out,much more so than your typical winger.
He does have his detractors though and a chap phoned up radio Florist the Monday after the Exeter game saying he was useless,must not watch the same game as me because I thought he played well despite the disappointing result.
Also a chap on SSA bus today saying he didn't rate him and he'd get rid.
Sorry you are both wrong.
stagone1959
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Frontrowhero » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:50 pm

stagone1959 wrote:I am a fan of his and he does prevent counter attacks by closing down or simply putting it out,much more so than your typical winger.
He does have his detractors though and a chap phoned up radio Florist the Monday after the Exeter game saying he was useless,must not watch the same game as me because I thought he played well despite the disappointing result.
Also a chap on SSA bus today saying he didn't rate him and he'd get rid.
Sorry you are both wrong.

These fans need a reality check, he has been superb this month. Chuffed to bits for CJ , could be a real gem for us
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:53 pm

These are the same kind of people who scream and bawl from the first minute if the players make a mistake. They also think Logan, Byrom, Hamilton, Spencer aren’t good enough to be footballers or so I’ve heard.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:04 pm

when he runs down the wing he's as fast as lightening, it's frightening.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:09 pm

CJ is growing in confidence with every game and it is now showing big time. When he first came he was always better when Jamie McGuire was playing with him as Jamie constantly supported and directed him and it was obvious he would blossom into a very good player.

Now he has gained his own confidence he is showing glimpses of what is to come. His pace is frightening and now he's getting his head up and picking passes he is fast becoming one of our stand out players. This young man will only get better as he develops and will one day command a large fee.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:11 pm

Agreed improving all the time. If he can add goals he will be a v good player - pleased for him
SE clearly sees something in him
yorkstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Hitchcocks size 10s » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:21 pm

It’s no coincidence that since CJ came back into the team we haven’t lost yet. He gives the team balance and his pace is frightening to defenders. Long may it continue.
Hitchcocks size 10s
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:22 pm

Hitchcocks size 10s wrote:It’s no coincidence that since CJ came back into the team we haven’t lost yet. He gives the team balance and his pace is frightening to defenders. Long may it continue.

didn’t that happen last season as well? unbeaten for quite a while with hamilton in the team while he was still getting loads of stick :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:29 pm

A big factor with having CJ in the team is that after the opposition realise he has pace to burn, they naturally sit back and try to either hold a deeper line allowing more space between their defence and midfield, or their right back will sit off deeper than the rest of his devensive line and play our other players onside.

Tactically he has massive advantages too.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:12 pm

I think one of the reasons that CJ has come in for “stick” from some quarters is, having beaten his marker hands down for pace and got behind the defence, he then seems to lose faith in his ability.
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Bridgford Stag » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:39 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:I think one of the reasons that CJ has come in for “stick” from some quarters is, having beaten his marker hands down for pace and got behind the defence, he then seems to lose faith in his ability.

Nail on head Edders and , hands up, I have been one of those from as you comment in the ,'some quarters 'camp who have given him a bit of 'stick' (aka disappointment) in the past

CJ is clearly working on his game, listening to the bench and game time can only help his confidence and imo SE can see that.

Good for CJ and the team.......we need that bit of spark...
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:44 pm

The thing that many fans forget is that players, as long as they are employed by a club, always have the opportunity to improve. You've heard a million times that Harry Kane was considered bang average by most of the coaches at Spurs, but with the right attitude there is always scope.

CJ scares defenders to death and can beat any full back in the division with his pace. He just needs to start backing that up with goal contributions now.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:05 pm

Bridgford Stag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:I think one of the reasons that CJ has come in for “stick” from some quarters is, having beaten his marker hands down for pace and got behind the defence, he then seems to lose faith in his ability.

Nail on head Edders and , hands up, I have been one of those from as you comment in the ,'some quarters 'camp who have given him a bit of 'stick' (aka disappointment) in the past

CJ is clearly working on his game, listening to the bench and game time can only help his confidence and imo SE can see that.

I think he tends to overthink things. He seems to pause that extra split second before making a decision. If he acts on instinct we'd get a much better end product out of him.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Bridgford Stag » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:14 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:The thing that many fans forget is that players, as long as they are employed by a club, always have the opportunity to improve. You've heard a million times that Harry Kane was considered bang average by most of the coaches at Spurs, but with the right attitude there is always scope.

CJ scares defenders to death and can beat any full back in the division with his pace. He just needs to start backing that up with goal contributions now.

Agree also Musings.

I fervently hope CJ can improve and his pace at this level scares the opposition.

I also thought that Kane was an average player but his recent goalscoring prowess is excellent and I do doff my cap to him..

I do think that there are players who may have the opportunity to improve but don't. Always thought that Baptiste was one of those players who didn't move on exceptionally to the next level for me at MTFC (although did move on obviously). Briscoe and Jack Thomas (alright got injured which seemed to affect his form) are cases in point off the top of my head. Hope that JT however does come back and make that break into the first team.

Anyway...back to thread.....do respect players who prove a point
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:26 pm

stagmanrob wrote:
Bridgford Stag wrote:

I think he tends to overthink things. He seems to pause that extra split second before making a decision. If he acts on instinct we'd get a much better end product out of him.

The trouble is, he is a league 2 player with league 2 instincts, so I disagree with the overthinking part of the argument. He is improving and with improvement will come better decision making. Loved him last season and love him more now and yes he nicks the ball off the opposition time and time again it’s not coincidence. Well done CJ
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum