{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Next 6 league games

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Next 6 league games

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:30 pm

With an Fa cup game slammed in between the next 6 league games are all against teams currently in the bottom half of the league.

Stevenage
Port Vale
Chesterfield
Crawley
Yeovil
Morecambe

We must keep up the current unbeaten run and take as many points as possible, keep the momentum going and break into the play-offs in time for the new year (Hopefully)!

Only time will tell but we have a great chance and opportunity to push forward!

Great day to be a stag - credit to every player, member of staff and fan for today!!

:coys:
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Next 6 league games

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:26 pm

With that run of games it is not inconceivable that we could break into the top three by the New Year.

Although I was sceptical, Mr Evans always said we would come into our own after Christmas and the signs are that he may be correct. Recent games have seen a big improvement and I just hope it isn't a false dawn.

Optimism is the future. COYS.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby frt1987 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:41 pm

Stevenage top striker Matt Godden went off injured yesterday so hopefully that will help us next week
frt1987
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:11 pm

Minimum of 14 points from that.
4 wins 2 draws.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:42 pm

Stevenage H WIN
Port Vale A DRAW
Chesterfield H WIN
Crawley A DRAW
Yeovil H WIN
Morecambe H WIN

Grimsby A WIN
Wycombe A DRAW

Starting the new year on a hell of a run, hopefully a third round FA cup tie and on 43 points...

On Last years table that would put us 4th and 16 points 13 places better off.
Sedgwick
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Bridgford Stag » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:51 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Stevenage H WIN
Port Vale A DRAW
Chesterfield H WIN
Crawley A DRAW
Yeovil H WIN
Morecambe H WIN

Grimsby A WIN
Wycombe A DRAW

Starting the new year on a hell of a run, hopefully a third round FA cup tie and on 43 points...

On Last years table that would put us 4th and 16 points 13 places better off.

I'll put that in the proverbial brown envelope in my desk only to refer you to what you predicted to you after those games Sedgers ;)

Tbf we need to get wins but other teams will get their share of wins. Our home form really does need to be ruthless which to date hasn't been the case. Yesterdays late goal was a welcome change when we have conceded late on occasions which has cost us.

Hope we have turned the corner.
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:42 am

frt1987 wrote:Stevenage top striker Matt Godden went off injured yesterday so hopefully that will help us next week

I listened to the post match interview with Stevenage manager on BBC Three Counties and there was no reference to it. I think that suggests it's not something that will keep him out. We'll see during the week I suppose.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby adamstag » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:16 am

I think Coventry was a bonus win, not many expected us to get the 3 points, but thankfully we actually played how we can do.

These games should provide us with ample opportunity to catch up with the playoff teams at least - i'd be expecting 12 points as a minimum.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum