{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Coventry fans impressed

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Coventry fans impressed

Postby one f in mansfield » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:09 pm

https://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/ ... 441/page-5

Some very high praise from Coventry fans , not just the usual we were robbed stuff .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Coventry fans impressed

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:12 pm

Was gonna post this from the same thread:
Mansfield play more like a league one team. The only team I’ve seen who push up and play with pace on both flanks.

Jones is partly hampered as without a bloke behind him who can actually defend he has to backtrack s lot
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:12 pm

The future does actually now look good. COYS
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:20 pm

They also think we are easily the best team they have played so far and the quickest. I am thinking a corner has been turned, just hope we keep it up now. Well done SE and the lads!!!
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:30 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:They also think we are easily the best team they have played so far and the quickest. I am thinking a corner has been turned, just hope we keep it up now. Well done SE and the lads!!!

Don’t get too up when we win and not too down when we lose.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:54 pm

"Best part about Mansfield is their fans and their following! Most noise we’ve heard from the away end in a long time"
Sedgwick
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Im not the real OND » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:38 pm

The ones on BBC Cov weren’t! :lol:
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Hon Sec » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:41 pm

Spoke with one or two of their supporters before the game, they were very sporting and hoped we enjoyed the game. One afterwards said he couldn’t believe Rose got booked for a dive, which he thought was a definite penalty.
Hon Sec
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Im not the real OND » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:42 pm

I thought Rose dived. I thought Hemmings was stonewall.
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:58 pm

Rose went down too easily, he stayed up in the first half (when he hit the post). Hemmings was a nailed on peno, poor refereeing
wayno cordiniho
First Team
First Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:46 am

We're the best team theyve seen. Onwards!
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Ben Superstag » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:49 am

Definite Rose dive, or shall we say, a very soft tumble. The Hemmings challenge was a stonewall penalty.
Ben Superstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:28 am

Some interesting comments on that Coventry forum. The Otis chap made a few comments that some of our fans have been making this season such as:

"Been very disappointed with Mansfield. Was expecting a bit more than long ball punts."

"Well, Mansfield deserved that. They had the beating of us down the flanks, so I do find it quite baffling as to why they kept playing long balls down the middle all the time......Thought they were faster and stronger than us and that told ultimately."

"Mansfield seemed to be only using long punts upfield and that was entirely true. Out of every ten balls up field I would bet you that eight of those were directly up to their forwards. They were looking so dangerous WHEN they went out wide, so why Evans decided to deploy that tactic is beyond me but I never said they were only long ball merchants."

There are signs of green shoots though and we are starting to create more chances and building up a bit of momentum. Hopefully we can go on a nice run before Christmas and move into the play off positions.
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:33 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Some interesting comments on that Coventry forum. The Otis chap made a few comments that some of our fans have been making this season such as:

"Been very disappointed with Mansfield. Was expecting a bit more than long ball punts."

"Well, Mansfield deserved that. They had the beating of us down the flanks, so I do find it quite baffling as to why they kept playing long balls down the middle all the time......Thought they were faster and stronger than us and that told ultimately."

There are signs of green shoots though and we are starting to create more chances and building up a bit of momentum. Hopefully we can go on a nice run before Christmas and move into the play off positions.

Otis obviously watches too much Premier League crap (like a lot on here).
abc
First Team
First Team

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:35 am

We are running up a gentle head of steam and finding some form. Looking at the next six league fixtures, you'd be hoping that we can accumulate some points to place us handily in the top 7 for the halfway stage.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum