{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Away days

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Away days

Postby Sneag » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:50 pm

True that. Port Vale would be a certainty for me if it was Saturday, no way can I do that on a Tuesday.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:06 pm

Sneag wrote:True that. Port Vale would be a certainty for me if it was Saturday, no way can I do that on a Tuesday.

I would love to have gone to Vale Park. Burslem is the pigs bottom but I can get there in 90 minutes.

Sadly, I am in London on Tuesday, and I just won’t be back in time.
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Ben Superstag » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:31 am

And I work nights or I'd have definitely been at Vale Park, not that any of us have to justify ourselves on which games we go to!
Ben Superstag
First Team
First Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:40 am

Ben Superstag wrote:And I work nights or I'd have definitely been at Vale Park, not that any of us have to justify ourselves on which games we go to!

True enough
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby vicar jeremiah » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:24 pm

Sneag wrote:
tmwilson wrote:
Sneag wrote:
stag861 wrote:Why are the 1200 or so extra fans at Coventry not at other away games?

Because it's a new ground, an attractive fixture and it's only an hour away.

Newport, Cheltenham, Col U etc are none of the above.

You are right but it should be about folliwing your team no matter where they play. I can partly understand the very long distances and definitely understand the midweek games but just a extra hour say ftom the distance of Coventry would take you to the majority of the away grounds .

Although some grounds / teams are more attractive to visit than others I also think that when we start selling decent amount of tickets for away games then it has a knock on effect and others start booking .

Away day yesterday whilst fairly local still took me out most of the day and separted me & the missus from close to £100. So while more remote and less interesting fixtures might only run to an extra £20 & a couple of hours the vast majority of fans pick & chose away days. Much as I love the Stags the days of blowing a couple of grand a season following them home & away are long gone for me personally.

Agreed it's getting tougher on the pocket to travell away; along with price increases in maggots and golf balls it's no longer cheap to enjoy ones pastimes.

Also there is a problem with cash flow and slow payments from customers. The elderly in particular seem to think they are doing me a favour when they pay in home made pies, vegetables, hats, scarves, boots, and a dead husbands suit
Kylie Minogue, God's gift to Mankind
vicar jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:58 pm

chimney wrote:
Sneag wrote:
tmwilson wrote:
Sneag wrote:
stag861 wrote:Why are the 1200 or so extra fans at Coventry not at other away games?

Because it's a new ground, an attractive fixture and it's only an hour away.

Newport, Cheltenham, Col U etc are none of the above.

You are right but it should be about folliwing your team no matter where they play. I can partly understand the very long distances and definitely understand the midweek games but just a extra hour say ftom the distance of Coventry would take you to the majority of the away grounds .

Although some grounds / teams are more attractive to visit than others I also think that when we start selling decent amount of tickets for away games then it has a knock on effect and others start booking .

Away day yesterday whilst fairly local still took me out most of the day and separted me & the missus from close to £100. So while more remote and less interesting fixtures might only run to an extra £20 & a couple of hours the vast majority of fans pick & chose away days. Much as I love the Stags the days of blowing a couple of grand a season following them home & away are long gone for me personally.

Agreed it's getting tougher on the pocket to travell away; along with price increases in maggots and golf balls it's no longer cheap to enjoy ones pastimes.

Also there is a problem with cash flow and slow payments from customers. The elderly in particular seem to think they are doing me a favour when they pay in home made pies, vegetables, hats, scarves, boots, and a dead husbands suit

Get yersen 3 or 4 fish heads from t'fishmonger and leave em out for the flies in the Summer. I get a good pint of whites when they've had their fill. Tip em onto a riddle and let the little blighters wriggle into the sawdust. :D
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:42 pm

Got two tickets today for Vale.Booked ssa bus as well.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:29 pm

Mhancock1 wrote:Great day......loved it, proud to be a Stag

What a superb away day ! Got to be up there with the atmosphere at the 1-0 win over the spiresh*tes
a stag is a proud & noble beast
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum