{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Chesterfield tickets now on sale

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Chesterfield tickets now on sale

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:39 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Re: Chesterfield tickets now on sale

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:18 pm

Thought they'd been on sale ages, got mine on Monday.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:37 pm

Time for another game of spot the ever changing availability of tickets on http://www.stagstickets.co.uk

Tickets already looking restricted in IG stand, plenty available in QL though.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby joey bananas » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:03 pm

Got mine Monday as well. Making use of the family section again. Cracking price at 18 quid. My 9 year loves it now and this will be her first time against chesterfield.
He who laughs last clearly didn't get it...
joey bananas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:26 pm

joey bananas wrote:Got mine Monday as well. Making use of the family section again. Cracking price at 18 quid. My 9 year loves it now and this will be her first time against chesterfield.

let’s hope it’s as good as my first chesterfield game! super liam lawrence netting in the last minute and shane bradley’s getting sent off :D
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:23 pm

Glad to have a season ticket! Just to put prices into perspective, I paid £15 for an excellent seat at Man City recently. Lots of pre-match live entertainment thrown in, some of the world's top footballers, lots of leg room. And a handful of friendly and polite stewards discreetly standing at the entrance to each block. I hope that we can emulate this (and drop the prices too ) should we progress up the league.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:34 pm

No panic, there will be at least 3 blocks of seats available on the day (F,G and H). They never get sold until all seats are sold in Quarry Lane are gone!
bigalstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:34 pm

Bradders wrote:Just to put prices into perspective, I paid £15 for an excellent seat at Man City recently. Lots of pre-match live entertainment thrown in, some of the world's top footballers, lots of leg room. And a handful of friendly and polite stewards discreetly standing at the entrance to each block. I hope that we can emulate this (and drop the prices too ) should we progress up the league.

ok, but Man City get so much revenue from TV and elsewhere that they could afford to let people in for free. Woking charge more than £15 (£18 in the Conference).
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:46 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Bradders wrote:Just to put prices into perspective, I paid £15 for an excellent seat at Man City recently. Lots of pre-match live entertainment thrown in, some of the world's top footballers, lots of leg room. And a handful of friendly and polite stewards discreetly standing at the entrance to each block. I hope that we can emulate this (and drop the prices too ) should we progress up the league.

ok, but Man City get so much revenue from TV and elsewhere that they could afford to let people in for free. Woking charge more than £15 (£18 in the Conference).

The premier teams are just greedy look at the prices in Germany compare like for like on match days...

Teams like Manure Chelski Arsenal could charge a fiver a match n still survive with a profit margin in the plus
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:35 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

It's a stark contrast though. Big clubs treat their fans a lot better and clubs like ours have to accept that we pay more for less. I'm sure that with the will to do it, we could drop prices and improve the experience. It would take years of hard work, of course.

I'd be astonished to turn up at Woking and be expected to pay over£15. I'd only go the once.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby vicar jeremiah » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:00 pm

bigalstag wrote:No panic, there will be at least 3 blocks of seats available on the day (F,G and H). They never get sold until all seats are sold in Quarry Lane are gone!

On the sheep board some pillock has suggested we ought to give them the Quarry Lane end as well, he seems quite serious, you couldn't make it up
Kylie Minogue, God's gift to Mankind
vicar jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:08 pm

Bradders wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

It's a stark contrast though. Big clubs treat their fans a lot better and clubs like ours have to accept that we pay more for less. I'm sure that with the will to do it, we could drop prices and improve the experience. It would take years of hard work, of course.

I'd be astonished to turn up at Woking and be expected to pay over£15. I'd only go the once.

I go to a lot of non league games. Step 4 tends to be about £8, step 3 tends to be about £10, step 2 about £13-15, step 1 (Conference) about £15-19.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Jamie » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:25 pm

Smaller clubs have to charge the maximum they can to make as much as possible from a limited audience. The only real argument is if cheaper prices get more bums on seats to actually increase overall turnover.

I'm sure if our TV money was say 5m a year, ticket prices would become more competitive against other forms of entertainment.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:24 pm

The likes of Barnsley Bradford etc get their fans in on mass by offering cheap season tickets around £100 for an adult great value for the fans
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:28 pm

SINA STAG wrote:The likes of Barnsley Bradford etc get their fans in on mass by offering cheap season tickets around £100 for an adult great value for the fans

Bradford is £150 early bird during March. £300 from the end of April. Early bird is fabulous value.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Big yella » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:47 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

Including every pint, pie and pea sold on a match day, City's match day intake for the whole of 2016/17 was around £53m. Sound impressive, it was only around 12.5% of their £400m plus turnover.

I don't know the figures, but I'm guessing the percentage of our gate receipts from the total turnover is vastly higher, and so much more important to us.
Who needs a Dutchman, when we've got Holland.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:12 pm

Wonder if they'll sell out anyway, probably won't.

You always feel sorry for them all bickering on blobs board over who can get tickets. Claiming that upto 1/4 of the 5,400 home fans against County were county fans :lol:

Can't see them being so keen for Salford City away next season :lol:

Never known such a group of fans so completely idiotic and delusional
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:14 pm

After the most recent increase in media money, Premiership clubs could have given free admission to all, for every game, and their overall income would not have gone down.
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Oak Tree Stag » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:34 pm

Non available via the website, are we sold out, or just strategically restricting sales to avoid infiltration from the sheep?
Oak Tree Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:01 pm

Bradders wrote:Glad to have a season ticket! Just to put prices into perspective, I paid £15 for an excellent seat at Man City recently. Lots of pre-match live entertainment thrown in, some of the world's top footballers, lots of leg room. And a handful of friendly and polite stewards discreetly standing at the entrance to each block. I hope that we can emulate this (and drop the prices too ) should we progress up the league.

Unfortunately we will never be able to do that. The Premier League with all its riches means they can charge what they like. Lower league clubs have very little move for manoeuvre with regard to pricing.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Oak Tree Stag wrote:Non available via the website, are we sold out, or just strategically restricting sales to avoid infiltration from the sheep?

Available again if your interested.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby SINA STAG » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:31 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:The likes of Barnsley Bradford etc get their fans in on mass by offering cheap season tickets around £100 for an adult great value for the fans

Bradford is £150 early bird during March. £300 from the end of April. Early bird is fabulous value.

But I'm sure buy an adult season ticket at Bradford get an under 16 season ticket free. Still a great price like you said Martin at £150
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:19 am

Oak Tree Stag wrote:Non available via the website, are we sold out, or just strategically restricting sales to avoid infiltration from the sheep?

What do you think??????
Why not ring the club and ask the Sales Prevention Manager to explain?
ST4GS
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Binghamstag » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:03 pm

Just got 2 via website. No problem took 5 mins max
Binghamstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stags 2002 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:48 pm

R block on sale for anyone interested.