{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Chickenfeed progression

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Chickenfeed progression

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:43 pm

away to Blackpool
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15017
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Chickenfeed progression

Postby Beano » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:44 pm

Blackpool
We think the same things at the same time
We just can't do anything about it
User avatar
Beano
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1923
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: Chickenfeed progression

Postby SINA STAG » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:53 pm

When is the game being played
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3006
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:48 pm

Re: Chickenfeed progression

Postby Foxy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:58 pm

User avatar
Foxy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4526
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:36 pm
Location: At the Coop

Re: Chickenfeed progression

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:02 pm

Thanks, but no thanks
I am Spartacus
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:56 am

Re: Chickenfeed progression

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:15 pm

oh !
Stevie Evans Barmy Army
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6589
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: Chickenfeed progression

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:18 pm

Could have been a lot worse, Fleetwood for instance.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2911
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Chickenfeed progression

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:21 pm

SINA STAG wrote:When is the game being played

w/c Dec 4.
Probably Dec 5 I would think.

Blackpool were knocked out of the FA Cup by Borehamwood. FA Cup Round 2 is Dec 2, so I suppose Blackpool are more likely to put their first team out in the Chackatrade Trophy game, than they would have been if they were still in the FA Cup.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15017
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Chickenfeed progression

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:23 pm

Amber Andy wrote:Could have been a lot worse, Fleetwood for instance.

no I don't agree. Fleetwood are still in the FA Cup and made 11 changes for their Checkatrade Trophy game on Wednesday. They will certainly do the same again in Round 2 of the Checkatrade Trophy, which is 3 days after FA Cup round 2.

Blackpool, now out of the FA Cup, are much more likely to want to give their first team a game, having had a free weekend the weekend before the Checkatrade game.

Jason will of course ask Steve Evans about the draw on Monday, and Steve Evans will say he's not interested in that game until after our FA Cup game, and even then he won't be interested in what team Blackpool put out ;)
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15017
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Chickenfeed progression

Postby tmwilson » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Could have been a lot worse, Fleetwood for instance.

no I don't agree. Fleetwood are still in the FA Cup and made 11 changes for their Checkatrade Trophy game on Wednesday. They will certainly do the same again in Round 2 of the Checkatrade Trophy, which is 3 days after FA Cup round 2.

Blackpool, now out of the FA Cup, are much more likely to want to give their first team a game, having had a free weekend the weekend before the Checkatrade game.

Jason will of course ask Steve Evans about the draw on Monday, and Steve Evans will say he's not interested in that game until after our FA Cup game, and even then he won't be interested in what team Blackpool put out ;)


I think you could be right Martin .
I have a good friend who is a Lincoln fan and and knows people high up at Lincoln . He told me that if Lincoln had got a result in the FA cup then they would of played a much weaker team than they did against County .
tmwilson
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1472
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: Chickenfeed progression

Postby snipe » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:24 pm

Lincoln get Accrington at home ,thank god we didn't top the group
snipe
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Chickenfeed progression

Postby Dan » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:35 am

A few clubs are trying to play their games on the Saturday. Had we been out of the cup we would’ve played our game on the Saturday. I don’t know how many games could possibly be moved as I haven’t seen all the fixtures.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5946
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Chickenfeed progression

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:18 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:When is the game being played

w/c Dec 4.
Probably Dec 5 I would think.

Blackpool were knocked out of the FA Cup by Borehamwood. FA Cup Round 2 is Dec 2, so I suppose Blackpool are more likely to put their first team out in the Chackatrade Trophy game, than they would have been if they were still in the FA Cup.

As this competition is a low priority for the club and fans alike, it was more the venue I was thinking about.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2911
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Chickenfeed progression

Postby Spiritater » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:58 am

snipe wrote:Lincoln get Accrington at home ,thank god we didn't top the group


Seems Accy are taking the Chickenfeed seriously as they spanked Wigan 4-0 at the JJB midweek. The Imps'll better watch out.

We'll be seeing Accy soon enough in t'Cup unless Cox and Muzz do us a big favour.

This Accy hoodoo's gotta end soon, I get a nervous twitch every time a game against them comes around.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 16394
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Chickenfeed progression

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:51 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:When is the game being played

w/c Dec 4.
Probably Dec 5 I would think.

Blackpool were knocked out of the FA Cup by Borehamwood. FA Cup Round 2 is Dec 2, so I suppose Blackpool are more likely to put their first team out in the Chackatrade Trophy game, than they would have been if they were still in the FA Cup.

As this competition is a low priority for the club and fans alike, it was more the venue I was thinking about.


Following FA probe, Blackpool FC has been put up for sale.
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4822
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: North Notts

Re: Chickenfeed progression

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:25 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:When is the game being played

w/c Dec 4.
Probably Dec 5 I would think.

Blackpool were knocked out of the FA Cup by Borehamwood. FA Cup Round 2 is Dec 2, so I suppose Blackpool are more likely to put their first team out in the Chackatrade Trophy game, than they would have been if they were still in the FA Cup.

As this competition is a low priority for the club and fans alike, it was more the venue I was thinking about.

we've cycled from Fleetwood to Blackpool (a nice cycle ride on the sea front by the way!) - it's less than 10 miles.
Both grounds have decent facilities.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15017
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Chickenfeed progression

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:03 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:When is the game being played

w/c Dec 4.
Probably Dec 5 I would think.

Blackpool were knocked out of the FA Cup by Borehamwood. FA Cup Round 2 is Dec 2, so I suppose Blackpool are more likely to put their first team out in the Chackatrade Trophy game, than they would have been if they were still in the FA Cup.



Cheers Martin
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3006
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:48 pm

Re: Chickenfeed progression

Postby part time pete » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:30 pm

I know this will not effect many folk but do we think the Blackpool game will be on the Wednesday now we are playing in the cup on Sunday.
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 4565
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Chickenfeed progression

Postby Spiritater » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:42 pm

I'd imagine it's only fair, but as the chickenfeed is not a priority for Evo most of the starting 11 for the game will not have played Sun
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 16394
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Chickenfeed progression

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:53 pm

part time pete wrote:I know this will not effect many folk but do we think the Blackpool game will be on the Wednesday now we are playing in the cup on Sunday.

maybe. However he will be mostly using different players so I don't know if we'll push for that.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15017
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Chickenfeed progression

Postby part time pete » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:48 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
part time pete wrote:I know this will not effect many folk but do we think the Blackpool game will be on the Wednesday now we are playing in the cup on Sunday.

maybe. However he will be mostly using different players so I don't know if we'll push for that.


So we indeed push for it.
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 4565
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Chickenfeed progression

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:09 pm

part time pete wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
part time pete wrote:I know this will not effect many folk but do we think the Blackpool game will be on the Wednesday now we are playing in the cup on Sunday.

maybe. However he will be mostly using different players so I don't know if we'll push for that.


So we indeed push for it.

Evans was pushing for the week after - he said in today's interview that was his preference. But accepted the Wednesday instead.

My theory is it's more to do with wanting Blackpool to put out a reserve side. The closer it was to the Saturday when they are not playing (because they are out of the FA Cup), the more likely they were to simply play their first team. If it had been the following week, it would certainly have been a reserve team. By moving it to the Wednesday, you are getting closer to the following Saturday.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15017
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MTFCMusings, pemill, Stags 2002 and 24 guests