{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

motorhead stags

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: motorhead stags

Postby geoffhill » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:40 pm

I like it too as do most supporters.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:36 pm

‘On the Ball’ is part of our heritage, our history and traditions. Generations of Stags fans have witnessed season after season of players running out this tune. Whether to play like world beaters or languish in the mud as an overweight centre half from Torquay nets a last minute winner against us.

It is as identifiable as the National Anthem and though not as ‘trendy’ as the The Artic Monkeys or as god awful as Motörhead it will belted out with pride when Mansfield Rises Again.
I am Spartacus
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tre Cool » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:09 pm

If we were going to have any Motorhead song it has to be WWE's Triple H entrance theme "The Game" (performed by Mototrhead) I remember Doncaster Rovers came out to this once for the 2nd half and it sounded awesome.

It should be our 2nd half coming out song. :lol:
Tre Cool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby old ram stag » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:52 pm

i like on the ball and dont want to change it even for my beloved motorhead, but great suggestion about "The Game" love to hear that pre match, unfortunately i am Spartacus has no taste in music, ive been away with him he wears showaddywaddy style jackets and silly shoes.
old ram stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum