{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

How many are going to Coventry?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: How many are going to Coventry?

Postby Foresttownstag » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:50 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Stoney wrote:We have sold out of the 1060 tickets we had and have requested 400 more.

That's truly amazing. I hope SE and the team are reading this and give the performance this amount of support deserves.

It’s only what I’d expect. It’s 65 miles away and a new ground for many.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Blidworth Stag » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:46 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Stoney wrote:We have sold out of the 1060 tickets we had and have requested 400 more.

That's truly amazing. I hope SE and the team are reading this and give the performance this amount of support deserves.

what a stupid statement
Blidworth Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby vicar jeremiah » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:54 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

So the 200 or so of us that travelled to Cheltenham Barnet and Colchester didn't deserve a performance ?
Kylie Minogue, God's gift to Mankind
vicar jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:04 pm

Haha. Andy - Think TWICE then post ONCE. (Pot/Kettle, Kettle/Pot :D )
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:53 pm

chimney wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

So the 200 or so of us that travelled to Cheltenham Barnet and Colchester didn't deserve a performance ?

This.

I suspect Amber Andy will travel to Notts County, Lincoln, Chesterfield & possibly Coventry. That will be him done for the season.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:44 pm

Uh oh super fans seeing who can pee the highest alert.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby crazystagdad » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:16 pm

4 buses with wesfield stags
crazystagdad
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby spanishstag » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:40 pm

Probably all be moaning on saTURDay ,see what i done there ,anyhow its gonna be a bloody long winter
spanishstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:23 pm

Ow, about 800 folks in the Cov away end better take a ski mask or it'll be: "where are they when we're at Outer Mongolia away?"

If you haven't left a permanent arse-print on the Westfield bus and covered 4000 miles in a season then you're a daytripper who probably follows a Prem club too and shouldn't have an opinion.

Perhaps best to go in the home end so the same sorts can say: " Cov away and still only the usual 300 faces. Poor old JR, the support is crap."

<cheese emoji> <mousetrap emoji>
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby vicar jeremiah » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:50 pm

I think you are slightly missing the point, Andy implied that the larger the following, the better the performance should be
. If someone wishes to park his chubby backside in an armchair or go shopping for the wife whilst stags are away, then fair enough
Kylie Minogue, God's gift to Mankind
vicar jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:17 pm

Blidworth Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

what a stupid statement

Maybe it was. No disrespect intended to those who travel to ALL away games.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Frontrowhero » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:22 pm

4 of us going sat. Really surprised how many we have sold and still pay on the day, considering the start we have made this season it's a good effort by ALL the fans to show such support. It's time we started winning some league games let's hope it's saturday
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:46 pm

spanishstag wrote:Probably all be moaning on saTURDay ,see what i done there ,anyhow its gonna be a bloody long winter

At least I'll be able to stop in a local hotel Friday night. ;)
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:38 am

Just heard 16 more going on a mini bus it's going to be one hell of away support lets hope the team turns up as well. We wouldn't want to upset our beloved manager with overheard comments of a few disgruntled staggies not getting value for money or players at the least not putting in a shift at work.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:56 am

Foresttownstag wrote:
chimney wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

This.

I suspect Amber Andy will travel to Notts County, Lincoln, Chesterfield & possibly Coventry. That will be him done for the season.

I love the fact that you have analysed what games Andy will go to, you really think you are a cut above people who don't/can't get as much.
I believe what he meant was that the players would see the support and be lifted by it , not the fact that they should be any less inspired because of you superfans at some distant outpost on a Tuesday night in Feb.
I suspect there is a part of you that hates to see hundreds of away 'part timers' , as it dilutes your 'look at me I'm a 'proper fan' status.

Enjoy your day Andy, like me, try not to be over awed in the presence of such football supporting giants.
I'm 46 years a home and part time (when I can afford it) away fan. I bow to your greatness FTS, I'm just not worthy....
Mr Grimsdale
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Foresttownstag » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:29 am

Mr Grimsdale wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
chimney wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

This.

I love the fact that you have analysed what games Andy will go to, you really think you are a cut above people who don't/can't get as much.
I believe what he meant was that the players would see the support and be lifted by it , not the fact that they should be any less inspired because of you superfans at some distant outpost on a Tuesday night in Feb.
I suspect there is a part of you that hates to see hundreds of away 'part timers' , as it dilutes your 'look at me I'm a 'proper fan' status.

Enjoy your day Andy, like me, try not to be over awed in the presence of such football supporting giants.
I'm 46 years a home and part time (when I can afford it) away fan. I bow to your greatness FTS, I'm just not worthy....

Not at all Mr Grimsdale, more the merrier.

Amber Andy has clarified what he meant in his post, it was miss interpreted wrong by myself and others.

Enjoy your day Andy & you Mr Grimsdale and put your dummy back in :lol:

Up the Stags :mtfc:
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:56 pm

Three of us on the train already, got the beer in. Albeit we are going to watch the Premier League reserve players (Checkatrade U23 starting line up) again the Square Headed Sausage Eaters.

Just be topping up the alcohol levels in Coventry tomorrow.

Come on You Stags!
I am Spartacus
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:20 pm

:lol: Mine never came out FTS, but I'm pretty sure yours did in your analysis, no need to judge folks dedication to the cause based on the away games they attend.
Anyway really glad your old boy is better, its those things that count as I'm sure you appreciate, not how many miles we can clock up in the car.

UTS
Mr Grimsdale
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stockportstag » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:45 pm

Club says 1373 tickets sold
Stockportstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:51 pm

Be advised it is not allocated seating despite seat numbers on tickets.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:06 pm

Over 1500 what a fking noise Every where we go were Mansfield Boys making all the noise Every where.we go
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum