{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:04 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15005
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby BigGuy » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:35 pm

Superb third goal, was purrring at it.

However, please view and comment on 50 mins when danny hit the floor after heading the ball, pretending to be hit by the home defender.

Commentators picked up on it, maybe we should.

Still our best striker for many a year, just needs to cut that from his game.
BigGuy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 626
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:49 pm

BigGuy wrote:Superb third goal, was purrring at it.

However, please view and comment on 50 mins when danny hit the floor after heading the ball, pretending to be hit by the home defender.

Commentators picked up on it, maybe we should.

Still our best striker for many a year, just needs to cut that from his game.



as long as danny keeps banging them in for us then i couldn’t give a monkeys what he does!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2702
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Spiritater » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:10 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
BigGuy wrote:Superb third goal, was purrring at it.

However, please view and comment on 50 mins when danny hit the floor after heading the ball, pretending to be hit by the home defender.

Commentators picked up on it, maybe we should.

Still our best striker for many a year, just needs to cut that from his game.



as long as danny keeps banging them in for us then i couldn’t give a monkeys what he does!


Quite correct bud. Two stunners and a win and some folk moan more about Danny's odd 'trick in the book' than I do about the price of pie n peas.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 16376
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:38 pm

Image

Image
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
User avatar
KirkbyStag2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1472
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:47 pm

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
User avatar
KirkbyStag2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1472
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:50 pm

Image
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
User avatar
KirkbyStag2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1472
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:11 pm

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
User avatar
KirkbyStag2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1472
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:14 pm

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
User avatar
KirkbyStag2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1472
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:20 pm

Image

Image

Image
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
User avatar
KirkbyStag2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1472
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:31 pm

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
User avatar
KirkbyStag2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1472
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:43 pm

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
User avatar
KirkbyStag2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1472
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:43 am

super photos John
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15005
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby chip63 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:45 am

Would be brilliant for the old spot the ball.
Took me ages to see it on some.
Great photos thank you.
chip63
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby chip63 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:50 am

Just found it on the sixth one up.
I wouldn't of put an X there
chip63
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby BigGuy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:49 am

Spiritater wrote:
Quite correct bud. Two stunners and a win and some folk moan more about Danny's odd 'trick in the book' than I do about the price of pie n peas.


Nice to see you skipping my first and last point of my post, the only person moaning is you falsly accusing me of moaning.

Mind you for someone who once wanted to trademark his username from here, I shouldn't be surprised.

Rose again seeing as you missed it, is absolute quality, our best striker for many a year.

However there was an incident in the game that led to the commentators having a right go at him, so thought it worty of a mention.

It made us giggle to be honest watching it back, personally he can do as he likes as long as he keeps doing what he does in front of goal.

I thought this was a thread regarding the match report and this occured in the game, perhaps we need a forum for things people dont like to talk about.
BigGuy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 626
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Spiritater » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:53 am

Top pics, thank you.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 16376
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby abc » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:56 am

Several of their players did exactly the same as Rose especially in the first half. They were feigning knocks and fouls Clayton was even booked for a dive later
on.
abc
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 990
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Spiritater » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:22 am

Will there be any vids of the goals on here for the poor Martin?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 16376
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:31 am

BigGuy wrote:Superb third goal, was purrring at it.

However, please view and comment on 50 mins when danny hit the floor after heading the ball, pretending to be hit by the home defender.

Commentators picked up on it, maybe we should.

Still our best striker for many a year, just needs to cut that from his game.


He didn’t get booked for it like Clayton did. What’s your point ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 10144
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:36 am

Spiritater wrote:Will there be any vids of the goals on here for the poor Martin?

yes, at midday
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15005
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:42 am

correction on my report: it was Byrom's cross for Rose's first goal (not Benning)
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15005
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby whipster221073 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:07 pm

MTFC not AFC
whipster221073
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1426
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:06 pm
Location: I'm behind you!!

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:53 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15005
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford


Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests