{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Pub for Saturday

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Pub for Saturday

Postby Expat Stag » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:59 pm

Spiritater wrote:

So they can make a £1000+ profit by charging £5 for pie and peas.
Frankly £5 is way way over the top for pie and peas, probably a £4.25 profit. Captive audience for the miniscule bar also. Why anyone'd pay to get in and watch stumps me. It should be on and available to watch for nowt, with the option to buy pie n peas if you want. What if you're a 'veggie', what's available for them, a polystyrene dish of mushy peas at a fiver :lol: . I'm going but if I wasn't I'd go to Yates's who usually do different games on different screens and for a fraction more outlay get a decent lunch.

Be a proper laugh if folk went in SP and asked 'can we have our game on please'? Only to be told 'no, if you want to watch it you've got to pay.... y'know just like you do for away commo on that FANTASTIC service ifollow'.
Not this crap again

Last edited by Expat Stag on Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hope I'm wrong
Expat Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:17 pm

Will be in the ground, hopefully well and truly raspberried for the kick off at least.

Can anyone who is going to spend their afternoon comparing the price of pie and peas let me know what the game was like when I eventually get up on Sunday.
I am Spartacus
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stags 2002 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:24 pm

Pie, peas and a pint for a £5 is a great deal. People fail to remember it costs £5 for a pie and bottle of larger on match days. You don't get the peas or same size beverage....analysis done.

Anyway I'll be at the game so not overly fussed, look forward to seeing you all there, need to get a good atmosphere going!!!
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:01 pm

Expat Stag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

So they can make a £1000+ profit by charging £5 for pie and peas.
Frankly £5 is way way over the top for pie and peas, probably a £4.25 profit. Captive audience for the miniscule bar also. Why anyone'd pay to get in and watch stumps me. It should be on and available to watch for nowt, with the option to buy pie n peas if you want. What if you're a 'veggie', what's available for them, a polystyrene dish of mushy peas at a fiver :lol: . I'm going but if I wasn't I'd go to Yates's who usually do different games on different screens and for a fraction more outlay get a decent lunch.

Be a proper laugh if folk went in SP and asked 'can we have our game on please'? Only to be told 'no, if you want to watch it you've got to pay.... y'know just like you do for away commo on that FANTASTIC service ifollow'.
Not this crap again

Yes patsy, and there's plenty more where that came from :lol:
I knew you couldn't block me forever, go on admit it you get a little tingle in your trouser fronts when you see one of my posts :rofl:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:00 am

I’ve been to the ground today & behind the away end they’ve got a beer tent set up. They were filling it with beer while I was there. I told them to get plenty in as our lot are good drinkers!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:02 pm

We're in New Lodge WMC 2 min drive from ground. £2 pints, brilliant place.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:16 pm

In the Eastfield Arms 10 minutes from the ground - Pie, peas and a pint aren’t on the menu so a lot of sad folks haven’t anything to talk about!!!!

FA Cup, Beer and Mansfield - Come on You Stags!!
I am Spartacus
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby amber63 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:24 am

What many are overlooking is that any profit albeit small is at least going to the club, I enjoyed my pie, peas and a pint for a fiver and KB Suite wasnt crowded, well worth it.
amber63
Youth Team
Youth Team

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum