{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Shaw Lane FA Cup scorefred sponsored by Fyffes banana skins

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Shaw Lane FA Cup scorefred sponsored by Fyffes banana sk

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:25 pm

The reason fans criticise spencer is because he looks like a carthorse (although i think the carthorse would have a better touch).

Even in the pre-match warm up his shooting was terrible, when he came on today although admittedly it was short he got plenty of opportunities, but each time he got the ball he looked like a fan had won a competition to come on the last 10 minutes of the game (not a professional footballer). I am yet to see any potential in him but that is my opinion.

He was freshed legged so had no excuses, but clearly devoid of any confidence.

Other than that great win and look forward to the draw Monday.

Should also mention Jon Stewart (shaw lane goal keeper) seemed a top bloke and looked liked he enjoyed the banter during the second half, even clapped our fans at the end.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby northern stag » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:27 pm

It’s difficult to judge a player on 5 minutes action but Spencer had 3 appalling touches and looked like a a pub player in that short time !!
Benning had another mare, he’s either superb or garbage with no in between.
Danny was MOM and not just for his goals, but I wish he would cut out some of the feigning of injury.
northern stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:32 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:The reason fans criticise spencer is because he looks like a carthorse (although i think the carthorse would have a better touch).

Even in the pre-match warm up his shooting was terrible, when he came on today although admittedly it was short he got plenty of opportunities, but each time he got the ball he looked like a fan had won a competition to come on the last 10 minutes of the game (not a professional footballer). I am yet to see any potential in him but that is my opinion.

He was freshed legged so had no excuses, but clearly devoid of any confidence.

Other than that great win and look forward to the draw Monday.

Should also mention Jon Stewart (shaw lane goal keeper) seemed a top bloke and looked liked he enjoyed the banter during the second half, even clapped our fans at the end.

Hardly surprising that he’s devoid of confidence if he reads the sheiite that people like you post about him.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:35 pm

northern stag wrote:It’s difficult to judge a player on 5 minutes action but Spencer had 3 appalling touches and looked like a a pub player in that short time !!
Danny was MOM and not just for his goals, but I wish he would cut out some of the feigning of injury.

Danny Rose got absolutely battered today , tried to win every header that came his way and got some serious knocks by their players. I don’t think he is the player to feign injury when he has the quality to finish games off.

As for spencer, you lot obviously didn’t see him in the chrckatrade games because he was impressive and unlucky not to get a goal and he only got 5 minutes today... should’ve done better with his chance but we won 3-1 so who cares? Still some have to stick the knife in even though we won
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:39 pm

stags4eva wrote:I agree with both points being raised to be honest.

Job done today it was never going to be easy and the pitch didn't help, don't think there can be many complaints.

But few of the Evans summer signings have impressed for me and it's the majority of the old squad who are bailing them out at the minute. I've said from day one the summer overhaul didn't need to be as drastic as it was.

Are you talking have about the old squad as in Pearce and Rose?
Surely you can't be talking about Thomas , Benning and even Bennett, who I think has been average when he's played . I would say that 99% of teams out there who have had new managers have inherited players what the previous manager brought .
You could go through most teams and say that some of their best players are the ones that the current manager hasn't brought . Evans has recognised the quality of Rose and Pearce . That's why they play every week . Evans has got the best out of Rose .
And maybe Rose is excelling this season because of the quality around him .

Why arent our fans applauding Evans on getting rid of the rabble Murray brought in instead of highlighted Two players that are playing well . We kept on to all of our best players from last season .
I agree that we need more quality up front but we also know that it wasn't the want of trying on Evans part .
tmwilson
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:53 pm

A lot of you watched a different game to me. We were very ordinary for twenty-five minutes of the first half but completely breezed the second half and won with tons to spare.

I don't mind criticism of the team when it's called for but after a tricky tie I was more than happy with the end result. A good afternoons work.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:55 pm

People blowing of about an 82nd minute substitute, after a nice 3-1 win?

What a bunch of knobs.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:56 pm

We were certainly more professional than Colchester, Blackpool, Cheltenham and Peterbro'
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby northern stag » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:56 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
northern stag wrote:It’s difficult to judge a player on 5 minutes action but Spencer had 3 appalling touches and looked like a a pub player in that short time !!

Danny Rose got absolutely battered today , tried to win every header that came his way and got some serious knocks by their players. I don’t think he is the player to feign injury when he has the quality to finish games off.

As for spencer, you lot obviously didn’t see him in the chrckatrade games because he was impressive and unlucky not to get a goal and he only got 5 minutes today... should’ve done better with his chance but we won 3-1 so who cares? Still some have to stick the knife in even though we won

Re Danny
I’m referring to the incident when he went down clutching his head when no contact of any kind was made, I don’t dispute he got battered, but he needs to cut out the unnecessary crap and just keeping bagging the worldies !!
northern stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby london amber stag » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:02 pm

Some people talk rubbish on here, in the end it was a convincing win. Well done Stags!
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:05 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:A lot of you watched a different game to me. We were very ordinary for twenty-five minutes of the first half but completely breezed the second half and won with tons to spare.

I don't mind criticism of the team when it's called for but after a tricky tie I was more than happy with the end result. A good afternoons work.

I agree Doomy with everything except it's just the odd few who think we were poor , which is no surprise because it's the same people week in , week out who moan
tmwilson
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:06 pm

There more interested in building hotels ,tools springs to mind
spanishstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Wilfred » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:07 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:A lot of you watched a different game to me. We were very ordinary for twenty-five minutes of the first half but completely breezed the second half and won with tons to spare.

An FA Cup win.

Stags in the next round.

£85k in the coffers.

Two sublime goals from Danny Rose which would grace The Premiership.

Doomy. I'm a happy Staggy.
Being a Stags fan never has a happy ending. Because being a Stags fan never ends.
Wilfred
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby JimmyMac » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:13 pm

What did Dean Saunders mean after the game when he asked evo if he was giving Rose a contract and evo didn’t answer him?? :coys:
JimmyMac
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:28 pm

It was a very competent performance against a committed and quite physical side, and a win at this stage is more than welcome.

The Shaw Lane club were very welcoming and it was especially surprising to be able to park free of charge in the martialled car-park next to the ground.

On a less positive note, I found the actions of about 30-odd so-called Stags fans immediately behind the goal appalling and they are an embarrassment to th Club (IMO)
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:49 pm

Tricky tie, the boys showed character to come through and we should applaud that.

The second half was a stroll really, don't think they had a shot.

Two fantastic goals by Rose from two fantastic crosses.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:00 pm

A professional performance on a poor pitch against a determined team with some decent players. I thought our players kept their cool despite some robust tackles from the opposition. Well done to SE who also presented himself professionally. Can't understand some of the comments on here. A good day at the office.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:27 pm

There chopper Harris should have been sent off for the foul on his own man in the first half.
daddycool
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:32 pm

Sneag wrote:We won at a canter.

They had a 15 minute spell in the biggest game in their history and apart from that period it was a doddle.

Fucknose what it would take to please some people.

Exactly, they huffed and puffed on a tricky surface, ran out of steam and that was it. We should really have had six in the 2nd half, and yet people bitch on. From the break there was only one team in it.
We won, enjoy it and move on to the next game.
Mr Grimsdale
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:37 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:It was a very competent performance against a committed and quite physical side, and a win at this stage is more than welcome.

The Shaw Lane club were very welcoming and it was especially surprising to be able to park free of charge in the martialled car-park next to the ground.

On a less positive note, I found the actions of about 30-odd so-called Stags fans immediately behind the goal appalling and they are an embarrassment to th Club (IMO)

I thought you'd resgned from here in a strop?
Mr Grimsdale
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Marky Mark » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:47 pm

I'm a nervy Stags watcher at the best of times and at half time would have shaken hands on a draw, but in the second half it was clear we'd stepped it up a bit to the point where I confidently availed myself of the 6/4 that Bet365 had us for the win around the hour mark, and my faith and wallet was rewarded.
Controlled & Clueless. If this is the big life, well I ain't looking to live it.
@watski
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby stagshead » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:50 pm

[quote="Danny was MOM and not just for his goals, but I wish he would cut out some of the feigning of injury.[/quote]

Although the pundits on BT Sport were in awe of Danny's goals, they heavily highlighted the incident when he went down clutching his head when he wasn't touched. That was the only downside of a brilliant performance especially his superb tackle to stop them going in front,
stagshead
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:51 pm

Agreed completely doomy, we did our job professionally and I certainly have no complaints.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:11 pm

Mr Grimsdale wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:It was a very competent performance against a committed and quite physical side, and a win at this stage is more than welcome.

No, Grimmers. I was hacked.
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:28 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Mr Grimsdale wrote:

No, Grimmers. I was hacked.

Painful..
Mr Grimsdale
Youth Team
Youth Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum