{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Shaw Lane FA Cup scorefred sponsored by Fyffes banana skins

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Shaw Lane FA Cup scorefred sponsored by Fyffes banana sk

Postby tmwilson » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:05 pm

Benning has made a few errors this season , he did the same last season but this season his errors have lbeen more costly or could of been more costly .
I still rate Mal very highly .
I'm unsure the constant changing of wingers have helped the Rb/lLbs . .Football is different now . They need to have an understanding with the wingers . The wingers need to supprt the right and left backs .
tmwilson
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:22 pm

Benning and CJ is our most threatening 'left side' setup. When Hunt played we created nothing and CJ seems well worth sticking with despite Saturday not being a great performance from him.

I've been a bit disappointed with Macca this season. He's like a headless chicken at times. He never takes a man on and is never available out wide when needed. Maybe he's told to play very narrow but it just doesn't work for me.

I'd like to see CJ and Potter playing wide, but both allowed or made to stay wide and for us to stretch teams more.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:51 pm

Jamie wrote:Benning and CJ is our most threatening 'left side' setup. When Hunt played we created nothing and CJ seems well worth sticking with despite Saturday not being a great performance from him.

I've been a bit disappointed with Macca this season. He's like a headless chicken at times. He never takes a man on and is never available out wide when needed. Maybe he's told to play very narrow but it just doesn't work for me.

I'd like to see CJ and Potter playing wide, but both allowed or made to stay wide and for us to stretch teams more.

mac donald’s ball for rose’s second was sublime, we need more of that. Could do with a few goals from him too! still another good player who always seems to give his all even when the team is playing bad
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:20 am

:)

:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Marco van Sherpa » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:37 pm

https://the66pow.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11 ... up-r1.html
A few words (and pictures) I cobbled together from Shaw Lane AFC v Stags in the FA Cup 1st Round
WITH A ROCKSTEADY BEAT
Marco van Sherpa
Youth Team
Youth Team

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum