{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Logan - I'm impressed

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Logan - I'm impressed

Postby WeDeserveMore » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:58 pm

After a dodgey start to his Stags career, I've gotta say he's really starting to impress me. Yeah, he could probably come out for more crosses... but if that's not his bag then fair enough.

His shot stopping is excellent. His distribution is excellent. He also makes himself heard.

And wow! That shot... unbelievable.. spot on.. used the wind and would have been a great goal. Shows the skill and the minerals the guys got. Just a shame the Exeter keeper was on form too.
Champions!!!!!!!
WeDeserveMore
First Team
First Team

Re: Logan - I'm impressed

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:05 pm

You seem to have missed that he was at fault for the goal yesterday? Could have caught that ball, instead he parried it straight back into harms way.

His kicking is very good though.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby trenty » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:36 pm

How was he at fault, with the pace of the shot he did really well to block it and it's not his fault the rebound dropped on the strikers toe, some people will always moan .
If he hadn't pulled off another top class save in last minute we would of lost
Best team performance this season and we still need to slag certain players off, support the team or shut up
trenty
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:45 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:You seem to have missed that he was at fault for the goal yesterday? Could have caught that ball, instead he parried it straight back into harms way.

His kicking is very good though.

you seem to forget that he’s a league 2 keeper, and isn’t going to be perfect

for me, he’s way better than jensen or shearer
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:54 pm

His distribution is as good as any Stags goalie I can remember. He made two great blocks on Saturday and if that free kick had gone in people would have been talking about it for years.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:36 pm

I think Logan has been excellent of late . Very impressed .
tmwilson
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:13 pm

Logan not to blame.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:31 pm

The shot was an easy save, it wasn't powerful. He made two other good saves but he was at fault for me.

I agree he's better than Jensen or Shearer for sure. What we don't know is whether he's better than Olejnik.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:33 pm

Very true, we don't.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:05 am

MTFCMusings wrote:The shot was an easy save, it wasn't powerful. He made two other good saves but he was at fault for me.

I agree he's better than Jensen or Shearer for sure. What we don't know is whether he's better than Olejnik.

If the outfield players had tracked Lee Holmes run then Logan wouldn't have had a save to make but don't let the facts get in the way of a chance of a good old moan.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:17 am

No way he was at fault for that goal. I was very impressed with him again yesterday, although I do wish he'd come more for crosses.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:13 am

He probably could have done better, but that it fell straight back to their player was just bad luck all round.

His shot stopping has always been good, and it's nice to see a GK be able to and have the ability to have the chance to distribute properly.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:21 am

Grendon Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:The shot was an easy save, it wasn't powerful. He made two other good saves but he was at fault for me.

If the outfield players had tracked Lee Holmes run then Logan wouldn't have had a save to make but don't let the facts get in the way of a chance of a good old moan.

If he'd have have caught it, the defenders wouldn't have had to. McAlinden took the original shot not Holmes.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby WeDeserveMore » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:15 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Grendon Stag wrote:

If he'd have have caught it, the defenders wouldn't have had to. McAlinden took the original shot not Holmes.

Hard to catch a shot at that speed.. he did his job and stopped the shot going in. A mixture of bad luck and lack of tracking back gave Holmes his chance and he took it.
Champions!!!!!!!
WeDeserveMore
First Team
First Team

Postby H_o_l_l_o » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:28 pm

Maybe he performs better for a mid-table team!
H_o_l_l_o
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby victor A block » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:47 pm

Tricky one to call... Watching it back a few times, I'm not sure he could have held it, but he did push it back out into the danger area.
Probably could have done better in that regard.
victor A block
First Team
First Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:25 am

Post Coventry, im starting to think he's actually one of our better players.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:51 am

I said in a different thread that besides Rose , I think he had a excellent October . Definitely won us a point at Barnet and Newport .
tmwilson
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:29 am

He was so good yesterday. A completely dominant display by a confident keeper who is proving to be an excellent signing.

Also great to see his passion at the end of the game. Make no bones, it was an excellent team performance but Logan played a fundamental role in getting all the points.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:40 am

DoomMerchant wrote:He was so good yesterday. A completely dominant display by a confident keeper who is proving to be an excellent signing.

Also great to see his passion at the end of the game. Make no bones, it was an excellent team performance but Logan played a fundamental role in getting all the points.

Yep. He also came out his six yard area a few times to our delight. His saves were at crucial times and were very good from my view.

Would just say he needs to distribute the ball better rather than his massive kicks. He could have released anderson and macca on the wings with a simple throw at times yesterday to set a counter attack but chose to hold on. A moot point he was great.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:01 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:He was so good yesterday. A completely dominant display by a confident keeper who is proving to be an excellent signing.

Yep. He also came out his six yard area a few times to our delight. His saves were at crucial times and were very good from my view.

Would just say he needs to distribute the ball better rather than his massive kicks. He could have released anderson and macca on the wings with a simple throw at times yesterday to set a counter attack but chose to hold on. A moot point he was great.

Logi bear was probably trying to slow play down, it looked a big pitch and anderson looked absolutely nackered afterwards along with others. Connie had a great game yesterday and made a couple of very important saves
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stafford » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:18 pm

Agreed. MotM for me yesterday.
Woke up this morning feeling fine...

First Stags game:

Stags 0 - 0 Exeter City
April 24, 1993
Stafford
First Team
First Team

Postby Warsop Stag » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:09 pm

MotM for me too.
Warsop Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby london amber stag » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:33 pm

Dominant display and his reaction at the final whistle was amazing. It is all starting to come together nicely.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:37 pm

I like him. Made quite a few saves to keep it at 0-0 and held onto the free kick at the end.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum