{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Adam Murray - Boston

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Adam Murray - Boston

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:54 pm

Dan wrote:
Devon Stag wrote:Shaw Lane manager Craig Elliott has left the club to take over from Adam Murray as the new manager of Boston United.

They're not happy about it either as they were promised an experienced manager and he's never managed at that level!

I bet the Shaw Lane chairman isn't too happy about it either. I wonder if Paul Clayton and the keeper will follow.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby steve-hymas » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:03 pm

Guiseley currently sit 20th in the table with only 3 wins this campaign.Looks like a relegation battle on their hands .Quite surprised that he has taken the job after staring the same problem in the face at Boston .Everyone has to work though and probably looks at it in that way .
Looking at their table Torquay are just below them and Leyton orient just above .How lucky are we to be back in the league and a bright future . :coys:
steve-hymas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:52 pm

steve-hymas wrote:Guiseley currently sit 20th in the table with only 3 wins this campaign.Looks like a relegation battle on their hands .Quite surprised that he has taken the job after staring the same problem in the face at Boston .Everyone has to work though and probably looks at it in that way .
Looking at their table Torquay are just below them and Leyton orient just above .How lucky are we to be back in the league and a bright future . :coys:

you’re right steve, i think some on here forget how lucky we are to be back in the league and not in that hell hole of a division.

on football on 5, darrell clarke bristol manager said ‘some fans need to wake up and smell the coffee, we’ve had 2 back to back promotions’. they aren’t in great form but it seems like some forget the progress their clubs have made in the past years.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:31 pm

Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:16 pm

Orient fans are not happy. After their latest tonking by Ebbsfleet their were ugly scenes at Stonebridge Rd directed at the players and management by the fans. Shirley the O's won't go down to Conf South will they?
The casualties in the Conf North are sobering to look at.
York, Stockport, Boston, Darlo, Kiddy and Southport.

Where we are now we should treasure it even if we miss out on promotion. Those club's fans mentioned would sell their soul to be mid table Lge 2.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:28 pm

Spiritater wrote:Orient fans are not happy. After their latest tonking by Ebbsfleet their were ugly scenes at Stonebridge Rd directed at the players and management by the fans. Shirley the O's won't go down to Conf South will they?

Where we are now we should treasure it even if we miss out on promotion. Those club's fans mentioned would sell their soul to be mid table Lge 2.

It’s certainly a sobering thought, ‘tater.
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:40 pm

Spiritater wrote:Orient fans are not happy. After their latest tonking by Ebbsfleet their were ugly scenes at Stonebridge Rd directed at the players and management by the fans. Shirley the O's won't go down to Conf South will they?

Southport? Strange to put them in the same sentence as York Stockport, etc same with Boston. Just because they were in the FL donkeys ago.
Conker
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:53 pm

Conker wrote:

Southport? Strange to put them in the same sentence as York Stockport, etc same with Boston. Just because they were in the FL donkeys ago.

It’s an “age thing”
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:02 pm

Torquay also 6 points a drift in the national league, chester in the relegation zone also.

Hereford in Evo stick south to add to the list.

Over the coming years number of former league teams will naturally increase, some bigger victims than others.

Chesterfield, Port Vale, Crewe could possibly fall victim this year. As we know its a very competitive and difficult league to climb out of.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby geoffhill » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:26 pm

Remember going to a night match to Southport in the 70's.I t was foggy and John Lathan 'scored' in the end near us.The goalkeeper got the ball which had gone through the bottom of the net and took a goalkick.Bill Shankly was there watching.Unbelievable Geoff.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:45 pm

If you’re going way back then Barrow need to be in there too
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:52 pm

And Workington, my first ever Field Mill attendance, 1-0 big Terry Eccles scored
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:30 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:And Workington, my first ever Field Mill attendance, 1-0 big Terry Eccles scored

I think 72-73 season? My first game too.
Mr Grimsdale
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:03 am

Mr Grimsdale wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:And Workington, my first ever Field Mill attendance, 1-0 big Terry Eccles scored

74-75 I think, the season we were Champions.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stagmanrob » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:10 am

http://guiseleyafc.co.uk/three-new-coac ... appointed/

Apparently the guy with the unpronouncable surname was at the Stags too when Coxy was here?

More importantly though, check his Barnet out!
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:41 am

Who d'ya mean Manny Deiuserv... oh I give up. That Manny thingymabob chappie, is that who you mean?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:28 am

Terry Eccles Was God wrote:
Mr Grimsdale wrote:

Mine was earlier as we played in white shirts blue shorts that year. I think it was 1-0 though, I was 9.
Mr Grimsdale
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:21 am

Mr Grimsdale wrote:
Mr Grimsdale wrote:

Mine was earlier as we played in white shirts blue shorts that year. I think it was 1-0 though, I was 9.

We beat Workington 1-0 in 74/75 with a goal by Eccles, playing in Amber shirts. It was 2 days before we beat Scunthorpe 7-0, and without even digging out the CHAD match report I can remember the CHAD headline which was "The lull before the storm".

We beat Workington 2-0 in 73/74, and that would have been in white shirts, as we switched to Amber the following season. Bird and Eccles scored.

We beat Workington 4-0 in 72/73. Eccles was not with us then. Duncan McKenzie scored 2 of them during a prolific loan spell.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby The One » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:31 pm

Orient sacked their manager
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:13 pm

The One wrote:

Orient sacked their manager

Orient fans will be happier now :D
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Stockportstag » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:52 pm

Dan wrote:If you’re going way back then Barrow need to be in there too

So did Workington and Bradford PA
Stockportstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:07 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Mr Grimsdale wrote:
Mr Grimsdale wrote:

We beat Workington 1-0 in 74/75 with a goal by Eccles, playing in Amber shirts. It was 2 days before we beat Scunthorpe 7-0, and without even digging out the CHAD match report I can remember the CHAD headline which was "The lull before the storm".

We beat Workington 2-0 in 73/74, and that would have been in white shirts, as we switched to Amber the following season. Bird and Eccles scored.

We beat Workington 4-0 in 72/73. Eccles was not with us then. Duncan McKenzie scored 2 of them during a prolific loan spell.

Martin - Give over! I’m crying tears of nostalgia here! :roll:
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:28 pm

Great times, my first season was 74-75, I was 10. Obviously Terry made an impression, though that team had so many great players we were spoiled for choice. I can remember the night we hammered Scunthorpe and joining in the mass pitch invasion at the end of the game, all I can remember of the Workington game is our fans singing a song about Workington fans looking in the dustbin for something to eat and finding a dead rat and thinking its a treat! First time I heard that song.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:36 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Mr Grimsdale wrote:
Mr Grimsdale wrote:

Thanks Martin, I think it was probably the 2-0 game 73/74 definitely White Shirts Blue Shorts.

Can anyone remember Cardiff playing in our old white kit (or an old white away kit) and winning 4-1 in our only season in Division 2?
Mr Grimsdale
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:49 pm

Mr Grimsdale wrote:Can anyone remember Cardiff playing in our old white kit (or an old white away kit) and winning 4-1 in our only season in Division 2?

That was in 75/76 in Div 3 (the season we played Coventry in the League Cup). I dug out the match report and there are a couple of photos. Cardiff were certainly in white but I can't make out the badge. It could well have been our away kit
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum