{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

parking at Coventry

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

parking at Coventry

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:44 pm

Hello. I work for EST at the Ricoh Arena and we run all of the official off-site car park's here. I am wanting to get some information over to you regarding the parking that is available to pre-book for 11th November, if any of your travelling supporters are planning on driving. There is a 2km residents permit zone around the Arena also, so it is important that they don't park on the roads and get caught out by this.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14984
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: parking at Coventry

Postby part time pete » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:08 pm

Just looked at their website and it says charge is £10.20, that can't be right surely.
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 4558
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: parking at Coventry

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:16 pm

part time pete wrote:Just looked at their website and it says charge is £10.20, that can't be right surely.

I'm awaiting further details.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14984
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: parking at Coventry

Postby Spiritater » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:18 pm

Captive audience.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 16362
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: parking at Coventry

Postby halifaxstag » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:41 pm

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leag ... ar-parking

Official parking £10 but plenty of others at £3-£5 within about 15 minutes walk...
halifaxstag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:18 am

Re: parking at Coventry

Postby geoffhill » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:12 pm

Going on the ssa bus.Less hassle and only a tenner.No parking worries either.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1556
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: parking at Coventry

Postby Grendon Stag » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:50 pm

Definitely £10.20 I booked last night on their website. You need Car Park B as this is closest to the away end. Coventry is part of the area I cover so know it quite well. Be aware folks the grounds literally 2 minutes off of the M6 just off of a roundabout. There's NO street parking around the ground and what there is are resident permit holders. Other than Burger King, Pizza Hut and a few shops on the retail park there's really nothing much close by.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1019
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:35 pm

Re: parking at Coventry

Postby trenty » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:10 pm

So if there is nothing near the ground where is the local watering hole we are taking over
trenty
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:46 pm

Re: parking at Coventry

Postby Foresttownstag » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:37 pm

trenty wrote:So if there is nothing near the ground where is the local watering hole we are taking over


There isn't one. Casino over the road admits home & away fans but apart from that there isn't much around.

We're heading there on the train, into Coventry first off then getting the train or taxi up to the ground.
User avatar
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:47 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: parking at Coventry

Postby chip63 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:08 am

Think there is a bus service runs from train station to ground on match days.

:coys:
chip63
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:01 am

Re: parking at Coventry

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:12 pm

It sounds like a god-foresaken place!
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4817
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: North Notts

Re: parking at Coventry

Postby part time pete » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:23 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:It sounds like a god-foresaken place!


Presumably you don't want to be sent to Coventry, however I am sure some would. :lol: :lol: :lol:
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 4558
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: parking at Coventry

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:56 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
part time pete wrote:Just looked at their website and it says charge is £10.20, that can't be right surely.

I'm awaiting further details.


I've finally received more details on this:

Event Support Team manage the Official Off-Site Car Park’s here at the Ricoh Arena, and we wanted to pass on some information to anyone that may be travelling here from your club for the upcoming game, regarding the parking available within the local area along with the current restrictions that are in place.

There is a 2km resident’s permit zone in operation surrounding the arena, meaning that you cannot park on any of the streets without having a permit. This is enforced by Coventry City Council who do regular patrols and issue parking tickets on the day. There has also been a change of Management Company at the large Tesco car park next door, which strictly enforces a no more than 2 hour stay regulation on a match day. They use an ANPR system and a £100 fine (£60 if paid within 14 days) is sent through the post if the stay goes over this.

We at Event Support Team offer a number of convenient parking options, all of which are between a 5 – 15 minute walk from the arena, and our prices start from just £5 per space! Also, because some of our car parks are considerably smaller than other options, you benefit from not usually having long queues when exiting.

We do recommend booking in advance, as we often sell out prior to the date of the match. You can book online at www.ricoharenaparking.co.uk. If we have not sold out in advance, then cash parking will be available on the day, but this is not something that we can guarantee.

If you have any questions at all please don’t hesitate to get in contact, our details are listed below.


Kind Regards


Event Support Team Ltd
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14984
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: parking at Coventry

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:54 pm

On-line booking - a doddle (even for me!)
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4817
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: North Notts

Re: parking at Coventry

Postby Spiritater » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:00 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
part time pete wrote:Just looked at their website and it says charge is £10.20, that can't be right surely.

I'm awaiting further details.


I've finally received more details on this:

Event Support Team manage the Official Off-Site Car Park’s here at the Ricoh Arena, and we wanted to pass on some information to anyone that may be travelling here from your club for the upcoming game, regarding the parking available within the local area along with the current restrictions that are in place.

There is a 2km resident’s permit zone in operation surrounding the arena, meaning that you cannot park on any of the streets without having a permit. This is enforced by Coventry City Council who do regular patrols and issue parking tickets on the day. There has also been a change of Management Company at the large Tesco car park next door, which strictly enforces a no more than 2 hour stay regulation on a match day. They use an ANPR system and a £100 fine (£60 if paid within 14 days) is sent through the post if the stay goes over this.

We at Event Support Team offer a number of convenient parking options, all of which are between a 5 – 15 minute walk from the arena, and our prices start from just £5 per space! Also, because some of our car parks are considerably smaller than other options, you benefit from not usually having long queues when exiting.

We do recommend booking in advance, as we often sell out prior to the date of the match. You can book online at http://www.ricoharenaparking.co.uk. If we have not sold out in advance, then cash parking will be available on the day, but this is not something that we can guarantee.

If you have any questions at all please don’t hesitate to get in contact, our details are listed below.


Kind Regards


Event Support Team Ltd


I thought you can just park anywhere you want and if you get a ticket just don't pay it.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 16362
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: parking at Coventry

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:23 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
part time pete wrote:Just looked at their website and it says charge is £10.20, that can't be right surely.

I'm awaiting further details.


I've finally received more details on this:

Event Support Team manage the Official Off-Site Car Park’s here at the Ricoh Arena, and we wanted to pass on some information to anyone that may be travelling here from your club for the upcoming game, regarding the parking available within the local area along with the current restrictions that are in place.

There is a 2km resident’s permit zone in operation surrounding the arena, meaning that you cannot park on any of the streets without having a permit. This is enforced by Coventry City Council who do regular patrols and issue parking tickets on the day. There has also been a change of Management Company at the large Tesco car park next door, which strictly enforces a no more than 2 hour stay regulation on a match day. They use an ANPR system and a £100 fine (£60 if paid within 14 days) is sent through the post if the stay goes over this.

We at Event Support Team offer a number of convenient parking options, all of which are between a 5 – 15 minute walk from the arena, and our prices start from just £5 per space! Also, because some of our car parks are considerably smaller than other options, you benefit from not usually having long queues when exiting.

We do recommend booking in advance, as we often sell out prior to the date of the match. You can book online at http://www.ricoharenaparking.co.uk. If we have not sold out in advance, then cash parking will be available on the day, but this is not something that we can guarantee.

If you have any questions at all please don’t hesitate to get in contact, our details are listed below.


Kind Regards


Event Support Team Ltd


I thought you can just park anywhere you want and if you get a ticket just don't pay it.

You got some false plates? The car parks all have NPR systems.
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4817
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: North Notts

Re: parking at Coventry

Postby Spiritater » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:37 pm

Yeah but just don't pay the fine and eventually they'll get fed up sending letters out.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 16362
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: parking at Coventry

Postby HitchcocksShins » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:51 am

So the only place to drink is in a bloody casino? Half our lots so hooked on gambling they not make the match
PYHBO! Episode 2 out Already! Want one?

twitter.com/SatiricalStag
User avatar
HitchcocksShins
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1375
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:17 am

Re: parking at Coventry

Postby The One » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:20 am

Spiritater wrote:Yeah but just don't pay the fine and eventually they'll get fed up sending letters out.


Cal has brainwashed you me old Spiro
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8868
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: parking at Coventry

Postby Spiritater » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:25 am

Yeah but Cal's seen little green men on the old pit tip on Common Rd Huthwaite so it must be true. I'm sure I saw one running across the road near Huthwaite library one night... or was it one of those green Asda carrier bags?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 16362
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: parking at Coventry

Postby Cov_in_piece » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:04 pm

Hi guys.

Although parking is a bit of a nightmare around the Ricoh, its not so bad now the gates are so low. Pleanty of cheap parking £3-£5 at pubs around the ground... Yes there are pubs, not just a casino. The Casino is massive and part of the ground so very close by, but 10 minute walk to the Folshill Road side of the ground through the massive tesco car park there are several pubs along the road and all offer parking, even some of the local businesses offer parking too. Don't be put off by the £10 parking and no pub rubbish....

Enjoy your day out, hopefully you will go home having had a great day but with no points.... Good luck for the rest of the season...
Last edited by Cov_in_piece on Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cov_in_piece
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:05 am

Re: parking at Coventry

Postby Marco van Sherpa » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:05 pm

Went to Coventry just before the dropped into League 2, to visit the ground when we had a spare Saturday.
We parked in one of the designated car parks near the Ricoh Stadium and then walked to:
Longford Engine Public House, 270 Bedworth Rd, Coventry CV6 6BP... and when we got there was free parking outside the pub and plenty of nearby street parking.
It's a canal side pub with a decent beer garden out the back which leads directly onto the canal towpath (handy if you're travelling by barge) and it was roughly a 15/20 minute walk to the ground.
Coventry City Football Club, Coventry CV6 6GE
Paste both addresses into Google Maps and it will even tell you the details of the walking route.
They serve food and the clientele was a mix of home and away fans.
WITH A ROCKSTEADY BEAT
User avatar
Marco van Sherpa
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:01 pm
Location: @THE66POW East Retford upon Idle

Re: parking at Coventry

Postby sw19stag » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:59 am

Cheers mate.
See you on Sat?
sw19stag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:51 am


Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Son Of Sherwood and 10 guests