{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Can Stags finish in the TOP 7

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Can Stags finish in the TOP 7

Postby scottyd281 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:38 am

scottyd281 wrote:My heart is crying out yes, but my head is actually saying don't think so. Our current form is on par if not worse than Grimsby Town. I don't blame DF and his support staff, they have had to get to understand the players, how they tick etc. Yes we can blame the players to some degree, but the last two games you can see they are fighting for their new manager. Arguably the transfer dealings in the summer such as Spencer, Murfin, Sterling J and some others are debatable some would say a waste; however IMO the only person to blame for this is the Fat raspberry who left, he always said it would come together after Xmas, well we all know now what he meant by that. I honestly believe his move was planned way b4 xmas break as Posh was in a top 8 position. The Radfords, supporters and the players was sold down the river and I really do hope SE and his sidekick gets his just deserves and they will. I do really feel for the Radfords after the support they have and are giving and believe DF needs more time as no doubt there will be folk leaving in the summer, question is who as we all know it takes time for new players to gel, well thats what the man who shall never be named (fat raspberry) use to say. I shall continue to go to the games and try and repay some the the £ the Radfords have invested in to this team in the little I can afford. COYS

walk softly and carry a BiG gUn :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :yahoo:
scottyd281
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:51 am

scottyd281 wrote:My heart is crying out yes, but my head is actually saying don't think so. Our current form is on par if not worse than Grimsby Town. I don't blame DF and his support staff, they have had to get to understand the players, how they tick etc. Yes we can blame the players to some degree, but the last two games you can see they are fighting for their new manager. Arguably the transfer dealings in the summer such as Spencer, Murfin, Sterling J and some others are debatable some would say a waste; however IMO the only person to blame for this is the Fat raspberry who left, he always said it would come together after Xmas, well we all know now what he meant by that. I honestly believe his move was planned way b4 xmas break as Posh was in a top 8 position. The Radfords, supporters and the players was sold down the river and I really do hope SE and his sidekick gets his just deserves and they will. I do really feel for the Radfords after the support they have and are giving and believe DF needs more time as no doubt there will be folk leaving in the summer, question is who as we all know it takes time for new players to gel, well thats what the man who shall never be named (fat raspberry) use to say. I shall continue to go to the games and try and repay some the the £ the Radfords have invested in to this team in the little I can afford. COYS
Good post. I too think the move to Peterborough was not as quick as has been made out. But its history now.

Unlike SE who had the January window to sign players when he replaced AM, DF has not had a chance to make signings. He needs to be judged on his signings not what he has inherited.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:04 am

# BELIEVE
yellowstagsfan
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby PRL13 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:13 am

Murfin looked useful! If I put raspberry, will a swear word come out? lol.
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby tillydog123 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:13 am

Almost forgotten Murfin
A big loss to the club for nearly a whole season and probably one of the big wage earners just sitting idly on the sidelines and we cant blame anybody for that.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Herts Stag » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:47 pm

I think the dream is over and just don't see us getting over this dismal run. Hope I'm wrong but I cannot see us doing it now.
Herts Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:49 pm

Can stags finish top 7? Yes.
We need to go on a late surge in our remaining games and go in to the playoffs on form to have any hope.

Will we do it? I dpubt it. But the fixtures look good forrit.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:04 pm

Finish 7th and win at Wembley, awesome. COYS
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:35 pm

Need to win 3 out of the next 4 in my opinion. Doable but would mark quite a turnaround in form.
Jimstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:53 pm

You bet we can
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:05 pm

The last two games have seen a vast improvement on the FGR debacle. I predict 3 home wins and 3 away draws so it'll be close.
BoughtonStag71
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkstag » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:36 pm

Yes we can.....

The players now need to step up

Forest Green - poor performance but two errors led to goals

Accrington - Benning sent off after 13 minutes ( thought Johnny Hunt did well yesterday)

Luton - should have buried them in the first half . If it had been three nil they couldn't have complained. Untypical error for the second goal. Just a shout out for the support - magnificent

We can do this and if we don't we go again next year

COYS
yorkstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:11 pm

A massive upturn in form is needed but the last 2 games have shown the potential is definitely there and if we apply ourselves in the remaining fixtures as we did against the top 2 in the league, we should make the playoffs. Only Chesterfield are the ones with anything really left to play for. That said, anything less than a comfortable win over Crewe and my optimism will all but go I think.

If we were to make the playoffs, we'd be going into them on decent form so let's keep the belief.

This rollercoaster aint over yet!!!
Birminghamstag10
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Big Lad Stag » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:27 pm

The next 6 games are our season, we have achieved little in the last 6 . Flitcroft has a chance to motivate our big earners. The Radfords deserve better.
Big Lad Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby london amber stag » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:11 pm

Well said Big Lad, I feel so sorry for the Radfords. This recent form has been a massive kick in the teeth to them, they deserve so much more.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby smulls » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:57 pm

tillydog123 wrote:Almost forgotten Murfin.

Will he be back this season? What's wrong with him?
smulls
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby robeyre » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:13 pm

yorkstag wrote:Yes we can.....

The players now need to step up

Forest Green - poor performance but two errors led to goals

Accrington - Benning sent off after 13 minutes ( thought Johnny Hunt did well yesterday)

Luton - should have buried them in the first half . If it had been three nil they couldn't have complained. Untypical error for the second goal. Just a shout out for the support - magnificent

These last few posts are brilliant. I'd not given up on promotion but I had given up on the forum. So much negativity and downright malice I dispaired. Thanks for restoring my belief that the club needs supporting and yes we can go from here and win promotion. Its what these true fans and the Radfords deserve. COYS
We can do this and if we don't we go again next year

COYS
robeyre
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:23 pm

The last 2 performances have been a big improvement on the other 5 games under DF so far. Put it down to mellis being back in the side, I think we can do it but Saturday is a must win now infront of the Field Mill crowd which will no doubt turn if we don’t win
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:07 pm

A win on Sat sets it back up with hope but Miller should start this one
He is eager and fresh and could do a job with Hemmings.
Every player should be given a chance now including maybe Digby and Penney.
Looks like King won't be back and expected more from him from the outset which looked as though he was classy.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:25 pm

Adam King played for the reserves yesterday. He played up front with Ricky Miller in the first half and dropped back into midfield in the 2nd half.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby nigegray » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:15 pm

not a prayer im afraid
nigegray
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:48 pm

Assuming the points required to be in the Play-offs (top 7) is 75.

Current Table,
PLD........W........D.......L.......PTS

Required, for 75 points total,
PLD.......W.......D.......L.........PTS

Our last 18 games with Steve Evans
PLD.......W.......D.......L.........PTS.......PPG
David Flitcroft

We lost only 6 games out of 37 games, now we've lost 4 out of 4 :shock:

In the current form table, last 6 games, we're 24th, BOTTOM, yes lower than Grimsby! :oops:

Stags last win was 17th February!

:coys:
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:03 pm

Been thinking when we last seen such a dramatic turnaround in results!

I remember when we were promoted as Division 4 champions in 1975, the season after in 75/76 we started badly and was rooted at the bottom of the table staring at relegation in February 76, then we went on a unbeaten run for the rest of the season and finished in the top half.

KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:05 pm

Assuming the points required to be in the Play-offs (top 7) is 76.

Current Table,
PLD........W........D.......L.......PTS

Required, for 75 points total,
PLD.......W.......D.......L.........PTS

Our last 18 games with Steve Evans
PLD.......W.......D.......L.........PTS.......PPG
David Flitcroft
..8...........0.......4........4...........4.........0.50 :oops:

Stags last win was 17th February :oops:

9 games without a win :oops:

We go to bottom of the league Spireites :D with them in better form :oops:

KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:19 pm

KirkbyStag2 wrote:We go to bottom of the league Spireites :D with them in better form :oops:

So if they draw with us or beat us it looks like we're doomed to League 2 again...could be highly embarrassing.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum