{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

New Hotel on the old Mansfield bus station

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: New Hotel on the old Mansfield bus station

Postby oldweststander » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:19 pm

Correct Terry.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:41 pm

In five years time there'll still be no hotel. This is the council that delivers nothing. They're all far too busy with party political agendas to unite and get things done for the community.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:51 pm

oldweststander wrote:Correct Terry.

Jesus man, do you realise how much of an apologist toady you’re coming across as ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:53 pm

The One wrote:Reads like JR is backing out of hotel idea

http://www.chad.co.uk/news/stags-owner- ... -1-8809588

Can't blame him. They encourage him, then turn him down, then want to keep him on board for the future. If I was JR I tell them to do one.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:57 pm

Apologist for who?

Not me, just not prepared to knock people for the sake of it.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:39 am

Again you assume it's moaning for moaning's sake. Good to know your local councillors have such a low opinion of the plebs they represent.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:53 am

Sneag wrote:Again you assume it's moaning for moaning's sake. Good to know your local councillors have such a low opinion of the plebs they represent.

I’m prepared to evaluate the council (all councils) upon results - just like football managers!

Inevitably, there’s a strata of moans percolating away just beneath the surface!
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:10 am

Do not have a low opinion of Mansfield people, just you Sneag, don't think I know you personally, I gain my opinion from what I read on this site of your wide ranging negative views of almost everything Mansfield. I'm all for different views and will always give my side, don't expect everyone to agree but disagreeing for the sake of it is pointless.

Here endeth the reading
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:35 am

Sneag is one of the more positive and level headed posters on this forum. He calls things as he sees it and on the local council, like most have commented, he is dead right. For years now they have let down the community with their incompetence. As other towns progress our councillors are busy with petty squabbling and not getting on with the job.

Perhaps Oldweststander knows something that the wider community doesn't, however, those important souls in office do a damn good job at hiding any positivity from everyone else, whilst converting the town in to nothing but a giant housing estate with little employment and a toilet for a town centre.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:54 am

That last sentence Doomy, couldn't have put it better. A housing estate with cart tracks to get in and out of, and a train system that a hamlet on the Outer Hebrides would be proud of
bigalstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:04 pm

Terry Eccles Was God wrote:Not wishing to defend MDC here, but surely they can't divulge details of any bidder until the procurement process is finished as this would be against government regs.

I suspect the announcement is going to be that the preferred bidder is company X but that the hotel will now be built in Bishops Stortford as that represents better value for money for council tax payers :D
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:26 pm

Rob wrote:
Terry Eccles Was God wrote:Not wishing to defend MDC here, but surely they can't divulge details of any bidder until the procurement process is finished as this would be against government regs.

I suspect the announcement is going to be that the preferred bidder is company X but that the hotel will now be built in Bishops Stortford as that represents better value for money for council tax payers :D

It would be terrific if they could build it at the top of Bishop Street!
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:35 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Rob wrote:

It would be terrific if they could build it at the top of Bishop Street!

Should have gone to Specsavers :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:46 pm

Anyone that seriously beleives the old bus station wont still be there in 2030 is deluded. Its got overspill car park earmarked all over it by mdc.
MTFCMAD
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby daddycool » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:54 pm

Mansfield folk must be the most negative collection on the planet. About 10-1 comments on this thread are negative .
Normally it’s only 8-1 on a average thread.
daddycool
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:20 pm

oldweststander wrote:Do not have a low opinion of Mansfield people, just you Sneag, don't think I know you personally, I gain my opinion from what I read on this site of your wide ranging negative views of almost everything Mansfield. I'm all for different views and will always give my side, don't expect everyone to agree but disagreeing for the sake of it is pointless.

Here endeth the reading

You have zero tollerance for any view that disagrees with yours.

I'm not negative about everything Mansfield, just the self serving clowns sitting in the pagoda.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:03 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
The One wrote:Reads like JR is backing out of hotel idea

http://www.chad.co.uk/news/stags-owner- ... -1-8809588

Can't blame him. They encourage him, then turn him down, then want to keep him on board for the future. If I was JR I tell them to do one.

I don't believe JR is backing out of the idea reading the chad interpretation of well I don't use the word facts because it's a local rag n like national papers facts become fiction to the truth JR offer is not the only one on the table for MDC to consider....

But on another note I did hear MDC are thinking of making Mansfield market place a football town whatever that means but watch the market place changing in the near future.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:07 pm

Surely MDC are missing out on an opportunity here. Turn the old bus station into a camp site. There are loads of tents dotted around town without proper facilities near by.

The mayor could even set up a stall selling can of super strength lager and invest the profits in timeshares in Timbuktu.
I am Spartacus
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby oldweststander » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:20 pm

Oh dear Sneage, don't call me a liar, you read my post.

I repeat, I don't expect everyone to agree with me.

The only people I cannot tolerate are those who constantly knock Mansfield, you say that you don't do that, OK, lets agree to disagree.

Oh, and I don't like the inuendo in your comment Spartacus, or maybe it was a joke?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:12 pm

oldweststander wrote:Oh dear Sneage, don't call me a liar, you read my post.

The only people I cannot tolerate are those who constantly knock Mansfield, you say that you don't do that, OK, lets agree to disagree.

Oh, and I don't like the inuendo in your comment Spartacus, or maybe it was a joke?

You seriously believe Spartacus was being serious :shock:
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby WeDeserveMore » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:50 pm

Got to agree... so many people from the town, knock the town. I get to see a lot of the UK and believe me, Manny Town is ok thank you very much... yeah MDC could be a bit more forward thinking, but jeeeeez some towns are really poor in comparison - people need to get out more.

Sure there are towns in more affluent areas that look slightly less rough around the edges admittedly, but come on.. concentrate on the positive for once. Try it.. you might like it.
Champions!!!!!!!
WeDeserveMore
First Team
First Team

Postby Sneag » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:31 am

Tell you what lets revisit this post in 12 months time and if Mansfield has a national brand hotel in the burg or if even one sod of earth has been turned on the old bus station I'll take back everything I've ever said about MDC.

In fact you don't even have to get that far, just have a tangible plan in place that isn't just hot air.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:54 am

Rob wrote:

I still can’t quite get my head around why the council invest in places other than Mansfield.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:12 am

MTFCMAD wrote:Anyone that seriously beleives the old bus station wont still be there in 2030 is deluded. Its got overspill car park earmarked all over it by mdc.

This is a very accurate statement. Property prices are down 10% in london at the moment. The countries economic cycles eminate from london.

We're on to a big property downturn nationwide and i would consider that the land values in Mansfield will take a very long time to recover enough for either site proposal to become viable enough for a sale or a delivery partner to be interested.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:15 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:Anyone that seriously beleives the old bus station wont still be there in 2030 is deluded. Its got overspill car park earmarked all over it by mdc.

This is a very accurate statement. Property prices are down 10% in london at the moment. The countries economic cycles eminate from london.

We're on to a big property downturn nationwide and i would consider that the land values in Mansfield will take a very long time to recover enough for either site proposal to become viable enough for a sale or a delivery partner to be interested.

Some retraction in property values has benefit to people like my 30-odd year old kids who are struggling to get on the housing ladder despite being in full-time work. Social housing availability is pretty-much non-existent so private landlords (some) are charging way over the odds because they can.

I reckon we could convert the Bishop Street Stand into two flats. The tenants could hang out their washing on the scoreboard ;)
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum