{ the forum }

Stagsnet wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

SE Press Conference

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: SE Press Conference

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:29 pm

Bleedin' 'ell !
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:49 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Cant we just say that Colchester was a disaster and evans will sort it. We aren't adrift of the leaders. A lot of football to go. #BelieveInSteve

Agree could have been worse in hindsight (league position) and still alot of football to be played if he can get the team right.

He's knows what he needs to do and I agree with him when he says we need to be unified and pull together in the same direction.

Write off last Saturday and focus on this Saturday, we've got some tough fixtures coming up which are going to be testing enough as it is.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stag861 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:39 am

"Before every game, whether it be home or away, whether it’s a win, a draw or a loss, myself and Paul [Raynor, assistant manager] have always insisted that our players, and staff when appropriate, go over to the supporters and acknowledge them for, first and foremost, turning up and secondly to appreciate them whether they’ve watched a win, draw or loss."
When is appropriate?, when we've kicked it at Lincoln? Certainly not at Cheltenham or colchester. Team could not have got off quick enough.
stag861
First Team
First Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:52 am

stag861 wrote:"Before every game, whether it be home or away, whether it’s a win, a draw or a loss, myself and Paul [Raynor, assistant manager] have always insisted that our players, and staff when appropriate, go over to the supporters and acknowledge them for, first and foremost, turning up and secondly to appreciate them whether they’ve watched a win, draw or loss."
When is appropriate?, when we've kicked it at Lincoln? Certainly not at Cheltenham or colchester. Team could not have got off quick enough.

He means: the rest of the staff when appropriate.
He doesn't mean that he, Raynor and the players go over when appropriate.
That was how it sounded from the video interview. I agree it may look different when written out, because you don't know where the pauses are. That is why I always like to hear the interviews, not just read them.

As an aside, the players did applaud the fans at Cheltenham and Colchester. I saw them.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum