{ the forum }
 
Stagsnet wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Kieran McGuire - Price of Football

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Kieran McGuire - Price of Football

Postby whipster221073 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:09 pm

I follow this guy on Twitter as he's very clued up on football finances and raises genuine concerns when they need to be.
I don't believe he's a scaremonger, so I was a little interested when I saw this.

Who are Amber 12?



Edit : 2 directors, John & Carolyn.
MTFC not AFC
whipster221073
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1429
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:06 pm
Location: I'm behind you!!

Re: Kieran McGuire - Price of Football

Postby Big yella » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:30 pm

I think, Amber 12 is the name of the company JR set up and transferred the club to when Hymas and Saunders left. And again I think, the issue of preference shares is when SH changed his loans into these shares, and JR matched him pound for pound, to get the debt off the books. With them both knowing we will never make enough money for them to get anything back. And as for changing club secretary whoop- de- doo.

All reasonable to me.
Who needs a Dutchman, when we've got Holland.
User avatar
Big yella
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3026
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:03 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Kieran McGuire - Price of Football

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:35 pm

Big yella wrote:I think, Amber 12 is the name of the company JR set up and transferred the club to when Hymas and Saunders left. And again I think, the issue of preference shares is when SH changed his loans into these shares, and JR matched him pound for pound, to get the debt off the books. With them both knowing we will never make enough money for them to get anything back. And as for changing club secretary whoop- de- doo.

All reasonable to me.


Yes as has been previously stated the share capital issue is a debt to equity conversion.

This is nothing to be concerned about and if anything is a good thing especially if the debt accrued interest. This debt has now been eliminated, and share capital remains fixed.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 678
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Kieran McGuire - Price of Football

Postby chesystagsfan2 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:00 pm

We have changed Club secretary because the previous one - Keith Burnand - retired. As you say, whoopidoo!! No conspiracy here.
chesystagsfan2
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:55 pm

Re: Kieran McGuire - Price of Football

Postby oldweststander » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:22 pm

Yes, even secretaries are allowed to retire, the previous one was only a temporary appointment I understand but he stayed years
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2028
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: Kieran McGuire - Price of Football

Postby whipster221073 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:27 pm

chesystagsfan2 wrote:We have changed Club secretary because the previous one - Keith Burnand - retired. As you say, whoopidoo!! No conspiracy here.


Nobody said there was a conspiracy theory did they?

I just said that i was a little interested when i saw him post the info.
It's people like you that are the reason i don't bother with this forum much now.
Just thought one of the sensible fans would respond and give some background.

Bigyella did. Thanks ;)
MTFC not AFC
whipster221073
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1429
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:06 pm
Location: I'm behind you!!

Re: Kieran McGuire - Price of Football

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:28 pm

whipster221073 wrote:
chesystagsfan2 wrote:We have changed Club secretary because the previous one - Keith Burnand - retired. As you say, whoopidoo!! No conspiracy here.


Nobody said there was a conspiracy theory did they?

I just said that i was a little interested when i saw him post the info.
It's people like you that are the reason i don't bother with this forum much now.
Just thought one of the sensible fans would respond and give some background.

Bigyella did. Thanks ;)


Don't be put off, my friend. There's plenty of room for mardy posters.
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4858
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: North Notts

Re: Kieran McGuire - Price of Football

Postby whipster221073 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:29 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
whipster221073 wrote:
chesystagsfan2 wrote:We have changed Club secretary because the previous one - Keith Burnand - retired. As you say, whoopidoo!! No conspiracy here.


Nobody said there was a conspiracy theory did they?

I just said that i was a little interested when i saw him post the info.
It's people like you that are the reason i don't bother with this forum much now.
Just thought one of the sensible fans would respond and give some background.

Bigyella did. Thanks ;)


Don't be put off, my friend. There's plenty of room for mardy posters.

:lol:
MTFC not AFC
whipster221073
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1429
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:06 pm
Location: I'm behind you!!


Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: abc, poolestag, robbingdog, Sneag, Vice President, Woodclanger 1 and 36 guests