{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Danny Rose

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Danny Rose

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:14 pm

Rob - setting aside your deep-founded love for the guy, do you think getting rid in the next month or 2 (as suggested) would be beneficial for the club in any way?

Lets assume Radford is prepared to afford the huge payoff for sacking SE, and lets also assume he has the budget to bring in a new squad / pay off existing players by ending their contracts (which is always easy when it's not our money! ;)).

Do you believe that a new appointment would not put us back at least this season (possibly some of the next) to build a new squad? Do you believe the new gaffer should be given a similar playing budget to be given a fair chance? Do you think it sends a statement of professionalism to any 'serious capable managers' that we will afford them time to do things their way? Do you think it'll mean we end up with managerial candidates with effectively 'little to lose' or low experience as the only ones applying, who are prepared to gamble their careers for a crack at coming here?

For all the reasons above i cannot see why sacking SE now / soon improves our standing. Doing so means we take another gamble and hope the successor comes good within 12 months or he's out. In a few seasons we're effectively the next Newcastle / Notts Co - plummeting down because we habitually chance managers. Ok, that's a long shot, but if we 'cut the show short' because we don't like it so far i doubt we'll ever get another opportunity to see if this venture works. Would you be happy with that?

I know you're a RAF man, but i always thought it was the Red Baron you hated, not the Red-faced Baron? :P
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:47 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:Rob - setting aside your deep-founded love for the guy, do you think getting rid in the next month or 2 (as suggested) would be beneficial for the club in any way?

Lets assume Radford is prepared to afford the huge payoff for sacking SE, and lets also assume he has the budget to bring in a new squad / pay off existing players by ending their contracts (which is always easy when it's not our money! ;)).

Do you believe that a new appointment would not put us back at least this season (possibly some of the next) to build a new squad? Do you believe the new gaffer should be given a similar playing budget to be given a fair chance? Do you think it sends a statement of professionalism to any 'serious capable managers' that we will afford them time to do things their way? Do you think it'll mean we end up with managerial candidates with effectively 'little to lose' or low experience as the only ones applying, who are prepared to gamble their careers for a crack at coming here?

For all the reasons above i cannot see why sacking SE now / soon improves our standing. Doing so means we take another gamble and hope the successor comes good within 12 months or he's out. In a few seasons we're effectively the next Newcastle / Notts Co - plummeting down because we habitually chance managers. Ok, that's a long shot, but if we 'cut the show short' because we don't like it so far i doubt we'll ever get another opportunity to see if this venture works. Would you be happy with that?

I know you're a RAF man, but i always thought it was the Red Baron you hated, not the Red-faced Baron? :P

Bet he hates the Army more. Especially ex Army living in Aldershot ;)
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:08 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:Rob - setting aside your deep-founded love for the guy, do you think getting rid in the next month or 2 (as suggested) would be beneficial for the club in any way?

The money JR is throwing at getting promoted will only last so long, I suspect if we fail this season then the budget may be cut and in that case Evans will be on his bike anyway - he won't want to manage a League 2 club with an average budget that's for sure. Clearly many of your points are valid but they make a case for never changing manager, which of course will never happen. The issue here, as I see it, is that Evans has had almost a year with huge resources and are we any better, no we are not, so how long do we let that continue? You appear to say no matter what he gets this season and into next season, well I disagree and whilst I have not yet said sack him now (though honestly it wouldn't bother me if he did leave) I think if we are out of touch come Christmas there will be a very large number of dissenting voices.

The reality is that JR won't sack Evans for a whole variety of reasons and it may well turn out to be the right decision to stick by him - I genuinely hope it is and also genuinely hope that come May someone pulls this thread up and asks me to eat humble pie!

Here's to 3 points tomorrow, I'll be in the family area if anyone fancies a chat :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:14 pm

Rob wrote:

The money JR is throwing at getting promoted will only last so long, I suspect if we fail this season then the budget may be cut and in that case Evans will be on his bike anyway - he won't want to manage a League 2 club with an average budget that's for sure. Clearly many of your points are valid but they make a case for never changing manager, which of course will never happen. The issue here, as I see it, is that Evans has had almost a year with huge resources and are we any better, no we are not, so how long do we let that continue? You appear to say no matter what he gets this season and into next season, well I disagree and whilst I have not yet said sack him now (though honestly it wouldn't bother me if he did leave) I think if we are out of touch come Christmas there will be a very large number of dissenting voices.

The reality is that JR won't sack Evans for a whole variety of reasons and it may well turn out to be the right decision to stick by him - I genuinely hope it is and also genuinely hope that come May someone pulls this thread up and asks me to eat humble pie!

Here's to 3 points tomorrow, I'll be in the family area if anyone fancies a chat :lol:

I hope your humble pie is tastier than the pies sold at the Wonk!
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Clockworktarzan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:03 pm

"Multiple clubs are interested in signing Mansfield Town striker Danny Rose"
No surprise really.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... entry.html
"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." - Vinnie Jones
Clockworktarzan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby S7AGS » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:08 pm

Notts County :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously....

I just hope that we properly cash in (if we really have to)....with the daft transfer fees banded around these days id accept nothing less than a million...
S7AGS
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby part time pete » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:45 pm

S7AGS wrote:Notts County :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously....

I just hope that we properly cash in (if we really have to)....with the daft transfer fees banded around these days id accept nothing less than a million...

You mean five million. :lol:
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:28 pm

Can't see us letting him go to any of those three clubs ( Coventry, Notts County, or MK Dons). I doubt Danny would see them as a step up either, especially as he is firmly a fans favourite. I agree with others who have said we would be silly to sell for less than £1 million. I trust the club will ensure he is on a decent length of contract.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:58 pm

Can you call him by his proper name please it's Danny Danny Rose.

Or as I like to call him - Young Dracula

Fangkyou
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:55 pm

Notts County what a joke they havnt got a pot to tiddle in.
old ram stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:28 pm

AFC Mansfield are interested in signing him, doesn't mean its gonna happen does it.

Lets get up the league and pass county as the wheel falls off their wheelbarrow.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:41 pm

:)
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:26 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::)

Too bloody right he's not leaving Stevie lad. Without him we'd be up crap creek without a paddle. I've a feeling Dan'll score more than the other three strikers put together.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby smulls » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:29 pm

How many does Green score this season? Much less than Fantastic Rose !!
smulls
Youth Team
Youth Team

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum