{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Is it still Evans out ?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Is it still Evans out ?

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:30 pm

Those critical of Evans after Tuesday,bite your tongue in future. Evans said when appolnted it was going to be a rollercoaster. Enjoy the ride !
yellowstagsfan
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Chander Lear » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:00 pm

yellowstagsfan wrote:Those critical of Evans after Tuesday,bite your tongue in future. Evans said when appolnted it was going to be a rollercoaster. Enjoy the ride !

You obvs wernt there tuesday.....

Fair play today, still worried about our next game
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:01 pm

Don't know if it's bee said already. But we beat a team placed hgher in the league than we are, about tie too.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:04 pm

Beano wrote:This is a fans discussion forum, looking back at the post Cheltenham match comments the vast majority were offering reasoned debate. Some were more critical than others, but the majority were merely stating frustration at the teams recent performances and playing style (considering the rumoured financial backing of the manager)

We should never be in a situation where this debate is stifled by certain elements of the local media constantly berating us or looking for 'an angle' because they are too idle to write an original article.

It's our forum, with its own characters, a varied cross section of fans, and amongst us there will be differing opinions, disagreements, and the odd bit of banter and light hearted insults.

Long live Stagsnet (and all who post in her)

Brilliantly put, I was going to put something similar but this is worded so much better than I'd have managed! Great win today, but we remain outside the play-offs and have much to do. County will slide down the league.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:34 pm

I feel no one was calling for Evans out. Just the performance and his antics were debated.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:50 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Beat Grimsby, County and Lincoln.... Next one is chesterfield!

Evans is right when he says the best this side will play will be after christmas, if we can get up there around christmas we'll go up. He knows what he's doing.

Yep.

#BelieveInSteve
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:28 am

The irony is, that for all Evans chirping about quality of players that he's signed and the hunting high and low for a striker farce, his saviour could be a player that he has tried his best to sideline, who a previous manager signed
Controlled & Clueless. If this is the big life, well I ain't looking to live it.
@watski
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:21 am

Marky Mark wrote:The irony is, that for all Evans chirping about quality of players that he's signed and the hunting high and low for a striker farce, his saviour could be a player that he has tried his best to sideline, who a previous manager signed
I don't think SE has tried to sideline Danny Rose. I think he realises that as a young player he needs to be managed properly in order to prevent burnout. If you listen to what he says about him it's obvious he rates him. That is why he is still at the club unlike Shaq and Greeny.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:36 am

To be fair to those of us who have been critical this last week or so, Evans did change things.

We played more traditional 442 with players like Macca and Potter/OSJ playing wider. Macca had a good game as did OSJ when he came on. Width lead to the 2nd and 3rd goals.

I'm glad Steve listened to me about our lack of width. :)
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby stags4eva » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:45 am

I'm on the jurys still out over Evans side at the minute. Definately agree about recruitment 2 Murray signings are still our best 2 players. Pearce, who he inexplicably dropped at the start of the eason, and Rose who seems to have had to make himself undroppable.

However great win yesterday but need to see if we can find some consistency and a bit of identity going forward. Still look like 11 individuals rarher than a team at the minute for me.
stags4eva
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:26 am

stags4eva wrote:I'm on the jurys still out over Evans side at the minute. Definately agree about recruitment 2 Murray signings are still our best 2 players. Pearce, who he inexplicably dropped at the start of the eason, and Rose who seems to have had to make himself undroppable.

However great win yesterday but need to see if we can find some consistency and a bit of identity going forward. Still look like 11 individuals rarher than a team at the minute for me.

What are you talking about? Why? Please explain.

I dont actually know what it means when you say we look like 11 individuals rather than a team. We just convincingly beat top of the league.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby stags4eva » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:30 am

Just in terms of style of play and identity mate, yesterday was a great win but there wasn't a deal of 'football' played.

Evans had said the same himself in the media that where no where near where he wants us to be football/passing wise.
stags4eva
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby london amber stag » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:34 pm

What a ridiculous comment, we have beaten a top of the league team comprehensively and we are still not playing as a team. I despair.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby abc » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:40 pm

stags4eva wrote:Just in terms of style of play and identity mate, yesterday was a great win but there wasn't a deal of 'football' played.

Evans had said the same himself in the media that where no where near where he wants us to be football/passing wise.

In the interview I saw Evans said we beat a good side and played some decent football.
abc
First Team
First Team

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:33 pm

If you look at BBC Notingham's Facebook page, Charlie Slater did a live stream with interviews with both managers, Danny Rose, Mark Stallard, and other people involved in both us and Notts from the press.

The first words out of Nolan's mouth were that we played a lot of long balls that his players never dealt with.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:36 pm

stagmanrob wrote:If you look at BBC Notingham's Facebook page, Charlie Slater did a live stream with interviews with both managers, Danny Rose, Mark Stallard, and other people involved in both us and Notts from the press.

The first words out of Nolan's mouth were that we played a lot of long balls that his players never dealt with.

Well the losing opposition manager says that so it must be true .
abc
First Team
First Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:48 pm

abc wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:If you look at BBC Notingham's Facebook page, Charlie Slater did a live stream with interviews with both managers, Danny Rose, Mark Stallard, and other people involved in both us and Notts from the press.

Well the losing opposition manager says that so it must be true .

In the Mail on Sunday, Nolan said "They were better from start to finish"
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum