{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

2 Strikers

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

2 Strikers

Postby S7AGS » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:46 pm

Might be a bit controversial but would moving to 1 up top help us at the moment....

With 5 across the middle, we would look more balanced and could play butcher in his preferred position with Mellis and a combination of digby/byrom, it would also allow Macdonald and Anderson push further wide - we are lacking width imo.

I don't think any of the front 2 partnerships we have tried so far really 'work' together so sacrificing one to bolster the midfield, enable our better players to play in the same team and create width has got to be something to look at.

I'm no Per Guardiola so probably taking garbage but I reckon we have better quality in the midfield department that we have to have on the bench or play out of position for the sake of having 2 strikers.
S7AGS
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: 2 Strikers

Postby Jimstag » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:12 pm

I think the answer is it depends. if we can't get hold of the ball or it's not sticking up front then it's one way to gain better control but it also depends on who we've got available and what system the opponents are playing. I've felt that we've sat into a 4411 formation quite a bit too.
Jimstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: 2 Strikers

Postby diablo » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:49 pm

We are at home , we need to win , so at least 2 up front for me. On recent performance Digby not worth his shirt..so 4-4-2 with some of these players actually turning on a decent performance at the level their pedigrees demand. We know Danny will run his socks off but but as for Angol and Hemmings I have my doubts.
diablo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum