{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Free agent strikers

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Free agent strikers

Postby oldweststander » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:41 pm

Moan, moan, moan, we moaned at Murray, now we moan about Evans, give me Steve Evans any day. Yes, he has now got something to prove.

As for manipulating JR, get away, JR has been around the block a few times, a businessman who I would imagine knows more about how Steve Evans manages than Steve Evans does. Don't be fooled, SE will know exactly how JR feels, probably as I do re last night's result, embarrassed. Only one thing can erase last night and that is a victory against the Maggies on Saturday.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:16 pm

oldweststander wrote:Moan, moan, moan, we moaned at Murray, now we moan about Evans, give me Steve Evans any day. Yes, he has now got something to prove.

As for manipulating JR, get away, JR has been around the block a few times, a businessman who I would imagine knows more about how Steve Evans manages than Steve Evans does. Don't be fooled, SE will know exactly how JR feels, probably as I do re last night's result, embarrassed. Only one thing can erase last night and that is a victory against the Maggies on Saturday.

bloody good post. we moaned during murray and doing more moaning under evans. folk need to get a grip
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Ben Superstag » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:24 pm

I'm not in the rising Evans out campaign that seems to be manifesting its self, I don't think we'd get anybody better than him through the door right now.

But when you're listening to him tell the press that we will be up there, we will be challenging and we are currently sat in 9th place, then for me, he deserves some flack. We are yet to be convincing against ANY opposition for 90 minutes, we need to put a performance together and make it this Saturday.
Ben Superstag
First Team
First Team

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:02 pm

Talk of sacking Evans is just barmy. The talk should be about him getting a tune out of his expensively assembled orchestra.

And a good tune at that.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:07 pm

Tre Cool wrote:We're still looking powderpuff up front as one poster has said in the match thread and we cannot convert penalties with confidence. Danny Rose has scored two match winning goals recently but he can't do it all on his own. Steve Evans has previously said we're well within budget for the season, so would you bring in an experienced head up front to guide what is a young strikeforce?

http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/foo ... our-523612

I've seen this article of 5 EFL strikers who are currently free agents and I think 2/3 of them in the list could be a useful acquisition.

Dexter Blackstock has been discussed on here before and from what I know he's a bad egg, Ebanks Blake didn't do much for Chesterfield however Grant Holt at 36 may be 'past it' but possibly worth a punt as a player/coach if he's looking to get into coaching. He might still be based locally from his time at Forest.
Ismail Miller helped Yeovil survive in the Championship and at 30 isn't too old. I don't know much about Barry Corr but either of the could be worth taking on based on what I've read in the above article.

AM tried that last season with Darius Henderson. It doesn't work.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:10 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
oldweststander wrote:Moan, moan, moan, we moaned at Murray, now we moan about Evans, give me Steve Evans any day. Yes, he has now got something to prove.

bloody good post. we moaned during murray and doing more moaning under evans. folk need to get a grip

Let's face it we are a load of moaners whoever is in charge. :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:40 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

Why get a grip when flying off the handle seems to grab all the much coveted headlines :P

For sure Evans needs to show his worth, and us fans shouldn't dumbly accept any old Tosh. He needs to show material improvement between now and Xmas, especially when creating a creditable attacking force. When it fails then he sure as hell needs to rethink and restrategise in time for the next game and show some level of 'lesson learnt'

That said, fans need to accept the heavy investment and length of time it will take to assemble this squad into a cohesive unit that matches their price tag and capabilities. Nolan got the immediate success our fans are clamouring for by keeping his squad small, playing the same team and keeping the team bond strong. We simply can't match that with our approach and squad size, so must hope our potential shines through, but that will take time, possibly not until 2018!

Those wondering why we're not up there with County need to appreciate that if it wasn't for Grant then County would be nowhere near the top. Perhaps I'm totally wrong, but it seems obvious to me, and baffling why some 'old heads' seem to have overlooked that?
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum