{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Mr Evens About Time You Earned Your Wages.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Mr Evens About Time You Earned Your Wages.

Postby navystag » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:42 pm

Well what can I say about time he started earning his wages after that truest shocking.
navystag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Mr Evens About Time You Earned Your Wages.

Postby West Ham 1969 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:43 pm

navystag wrote:Well what can I say about time he started earning his wages after that truest shocking.

Agree
West Ham 1969
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:45 pm

Agree again.
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:45 pm

Yes i agree , hes a sound bite man hes either gonna get us up or bugger us up not sure at the moment ,hope its the former
spanishstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby spainmick » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:50 pm

One bad result ...at least he can spell Evans
spainmick
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yellows58 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:53 pm

He,s talk the talk about getting us up, now is the time to walk the walk. The big boys are coming to play on saturday and they not take any prisoners. The lads that was rested tonight for saturday are under a bit more pressure to perform now and deliver.
yellows58
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby stag861 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:59 pm

One bad result maybe, but another poor performance. Opposition teams have us sussed. Two half decent centre halves will win the lobbed up balls 90% of the time. The other 10% we do not get the second ball. Fullbacks not going forward. Time for plan B Steve.
stag861
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bigalstag » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:38 pm

I can only speak for the home performances, but so far they have been moderate at the very best. What worries me, is that, with the players we signed, I was expecting football played on the ground through the middle of the park, but all I have seen so far, is the football being lashed up to the front two as fast as possible. The problem is that the previous manager did this and was probably better at doing it,with a much poorer squad.

The manager has a merry go round policy of bringing replacements in, if one, or a group of players has a bad game, and it is impossible to gain any consistency in performances because of this. Perhaps, because of the large squad numbers, the manager is trying too hard please everybody, and I don't think,even after 10 games, he knows what his best side is yet.
Listening to him on the radio tonight, this pressure is starting to tell.
bigalstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:42 pm

Case in point is Benning, who would start every single game for me. Yes has defensive areas to work on but gives so much going forward. Not in the 18 tonight, which is pathetic.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:43 pm

Rob wrote:Case in point is Benning, who would start every single game for me. Yes has defensive areas to work on but gives so much going forward. Not in the 18 tonight, which is pathetic.

Benning has been poor in the games he's played, and cost us goals, and Hunt has done nothing wrong in his place. Just because you'd pick him, doesn't make his exclusion 'pathetic'.
I've got a Grapefruit matter...
James
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:59 pm

James wrote:
Rob wrote:Case in point is Benning, who would start every single game for me. Yes has defensive areas to work on but gives so much going forward. Not in the 18 tonight, which is pathetic.

Benning has been poor in the games he's played, and cost us goals, and Hunt has done nothing wrong in his place. Just because you'd pick him, doesn't make his exclusion 'pathetic'.

Hunt has been one of our best players recently, he's deserving of his place and rightly keeping benning out of the team. Not very often we've been able to say we have two good left backs.

KEEP THE FAITH
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby JDW » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:10 am

How can folk argue Benning not playing? The man had a shocker at Carlisle probably the worst I've seen a full back play for us, and was in poor form even leading up to that game.

Hunt doesn't bomb forward but that's not necessarily a bad thing. He is technically much better than Benning, he works harder and has played much better. Delivery on set pieces is good. Fans are so fickle these days you want 4 at the back, you want full backs to bomb on, you want two centre forwards, 3 in the middle of the park, two wingers and a number 10... you need 15 players.

Haven't seen the performance tonight. But away to Cheltenham on a Tuesday night isn't gonna be a walkover. Can only assume he made 5 changes to have a fresh side for County at the weekend, which is a massive game given their position. And if we win it could kickstart our season.

We are a few points off where we want to be. Get off their back and support them..
JDW
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Random Hero » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:16 am

JDW wrote:
Haven't seen the performance tonight. But away to Cheltenham on a Tuesday night isn't gonna be a walkover. Can only assume he made 5 changes to have a fresh side for County at the weekend, which is a massive game given their position. And if we win it could kickstart our season.

We are a few points off where we want to be. Get off their back and support them..

You are lucky.

Cheltenham are absolute dross. We made them look like Barcelona in the second half.

Worst second half performance I've seen since the days of Holdsworth.

Hope you were nice and cosy at home 'staying off their backs'.
Panatha mou, se aghapo, opou ki an pezis panda tha s' akoloutho.
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:05 am

JDW, i'm sick of seeing bang it down the field dross,especially from these players. We are constantly passed to death by teams by that come to the One Call, no matter what there position is in the league. The predominant tactic seems to be, bypass the midfield and get it to the outnumbered forwards as soon as possible, usually 20 foot in the air. All I want to see is a little football for my £22/24, win lose or draw.
It seems like , every game, a player or a group of players, is dropped, because of the manager/team shortcomings, in the previous match.
You cannot hope to get a settled, match winning system with the turnover of players we have from week to week.
I really hope Steve can start showing his coaching skills soon and shove these words down my throat, but I've got to admit I am pretty disappointed in what I have seen so far .
bigalstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Slackythestag » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:36 am

Clueless
Inept
Weak
Headless chickens
No plan B
Wasteful
Second best

I could go on... what a raspberry night. Roll on Saturday.
Slackythestag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:57 am

spainmick wrote:One bad result ...at least he can spell Evans

What’s the odds on that ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:43 am

Evans - Superstar Manager?

The jury's still out.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:33 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Evans - Superstar Manager?

The jury's still out.

It's back. Not guilty
stag861
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby ParisStag » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:35 am

The stuff you read on here!
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:20 am

It's time we dropped the 'Into something good' theme because it's NOT good and Steve has NOT 'got us playing the way we should' - not with the team we've assembled.
Tre Cool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:22 am

Why is it? He was crap in the first few games lost his place and Hunt came in and has had some good games and looked impressive.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:49 am

Richard Cranium wrote:

Why is it? He was crap in the first few games lost his place and Hunt came in and has had some good games and looked impressive.

So all these folk banging on that Evans needs more time, 10 game isn't enough blah, blah are quite happy to consign one of our best players last season to the scrap heap because he had a couple of poor games. You couldn't make it up! I wasn't saying Hunt should be dropped, what I was saying that with a bench with no defenders, to still leave Benning out of the 18 was ridiculous. No doubt he will be back on Sat in Evans ever revolving door selection policy.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Im not the real OND » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:27 am

White and benning have been made scapegoats for a poor system in my opinion.

On the face of it it looks as though white and Benning made a couple of defensive mistakes and hunt and Bennett have come in and haven't made any defensive mistakes.

The way Evans sets his teams up, the only width comes from the full backs. The are essentially being asked to play a wing back role without any defensive cover. White and benning provide the attacking threat and unsurprisingly have been caught out defensively.

Hunt has come in and looked solid defensively but offers no threat going forward. Bennett is solid and willing to go forward but doesn't have the attacking threat of White.

So while it looks like the replacements are more solid they are only doing half their job well and as such we look worse for it.

Evans needs to find a way to find some width from midfield if he wants to keep hunt and Bennett in or give white and Benning some defensive cover that allows them to venture into the oppositions half.
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:49 am

Still a lot of games to be played and plenty of ups and downs along the way. Frustration of it is for me is the amount of money the Radfords have put into this season, and players we brought in just under achieving. No doubting the quality of players we have but should be playing teams off park.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:02 am

marker_mtfc95 wrote:Still a lot of games to be played and plenty of ups and downs along the way. Frustration of it is for me is the amount of money the Radfords have put into this season, and players we brought in just under achieving. No doubting the quality of players we have but should be playing teams off park.

this is the problem itself, fans thinking we should be playing teams off the park. no game is ever easy in league 2, other teams will up their games to beat our manager/us as we're the favourites.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum