{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

No hiding on saturday

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

No hiding on saturday

Postby spanishstag » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:36 pm

Got to beat nutts clownty now ,no excuses now mr evans
spanishstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: No hiding on saturday

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:39 pm

No way on this celestial sphere is Evans going to tactically out do Nolan. Exeter are a bloody good side and Notts are smashing them on their own patch. We are a team of individuals at the moment and not a team. Amazed we've been so bad and still got 16 points tbh
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:41 pm

We will win on saturday.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:42 pm

Yes but its not about that on saturday hopefully
spanishstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby West Ham 1969 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:45 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:We will win on saturday.

Admire your optimism....unfortunately can't share it
West Ham 1969
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:50 pm

We'll bore them to defeat.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby convertmel » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:23 pm

If we play like the hour agin looton we have a chance,
otherwise we I fear are in for a thrashing :cry:
I honestly think we have more points than our performances perhaps deserve
That does happen in football tho thankfully :)
i'm with the 99%, how about you?
convertmel
First Team
First Team

Postby Jimstag » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:18 pm

Not 100% sure on that one Mel, I think the issue is that we've got more than we deserved in the last few games. Earlier in the season we should have had more from Accrington and Luton but recently deserved less vs. lincoln and Cambridge. Maybe it just equals itself out but I think some opinions on here have been clouded by several consecutive uninspiring performances, albeit that we've won 2 out of the last 3!

I just hope we can snap out of it for Saturday.
Jimstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby robeyre » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:19 pm

If you spoke to most county fans up to last night they were saying pretty much the same as us. Team playing dull football. Lucky to win, reliant on one goal scorer.
So should be a close exciting game on Saturday.
Lets approach it in that frame of mind. If you read on here sounds like we've no chance. Lets get back behind the team dispite our individual doubts
robeyre
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:13 pm

I don't think we'll lose on Saturday, not sure we'll win either.

Those players will have had one hell of an earful last night, and probably again this morning which will hopefully bring about a reaction to what is the biggest game of the season so far.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby FarnieStag » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:53 pm

We have the worst and most toothless forward line we've had in quite a few years, they are very predictable and easy to defend against
Angol - average at best
Hemmings - anonymous
Rose - I know everyone on here seems to love him, but in my opinion a one-dimensional one-trick pony who falls to the ground every other minute (though he's far better in the air than the others)
Let's hope they prove me and others wrong and rise to the big occasion On Saturday, but even if they do, I really can't see any of them getting much over double figures this season.
It's been stated on stagsnet numerous times that you don't have to have a 20-goal striker to get promoted, but it's heck of a lot of easier if you do!
FarnieStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:59 pm

FarnieStag wrote:We have the worst and most toothless forward line we've had in quite a few years, they are very predictable and easy to defend against
Angol - average at best
Hemmings - anonymous
Rose - I know everyone on here seems to love him, but in my opinion a one-dimensional one-trick pony who falls to the ground every other minute (though he's far better in the air than the others)
Let's hope they prove me and others wrong and rise to the big occasion On Saturday, but even if they do, I really can't see any of them getting much over double figures this season.
It's been stated on stagsnet numerous times that you don't have to have a 20-goal striker to get promoted, but it's heck of a lot of easier if you do!

Are you one of the "Bring Back Waggy" Brigade? :lol:
Mr Evans is on borrowed time
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:22 pm

Notts fans are so sure of themselves ,it needs a rip roaring stags side to hammer them ,man mark grant and you nullify their main man get righ t into them
spanishstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:56 am

MTFCMusings wrote:I don't think we'll lose on Saturday, not sure we'll win either.

Those players will have had one hell of an earful last night, and probably again this morning which will hopefully bring about a reaction to what is the biggest game of the season so far.

So let me guess... a draw?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:43 am

Ive got a bad feeling about this.

Wd won away at lincoln and i thought we were in for a battering there too.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:56 am

FarnieStag wrote:We have the worst and most toothless forward line we've had in quite a few years, they are very predictable and easy to defend against
Angol - average at best
Hemmings - anonymous

You've not mentioned Spencer. Do you consider him like the rest?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:18 am

I can't brleive Notts are top of the league, it doesn't add up?

Grant is the danger, incredible how he does so well for Notts C but doesn't get a smell at Notts F.

They say that one bad result/performance doesn't define your season, maybe not, but to lose Saturday would be season defining for the club. Why, because those supporters who had started to come back would go into reverse agan. I know one guy who bought a season ticket but this Saturday would rather go to his caravan on the east coast.

Everyone is blaming our toothless strkers, I don't, for me it has always been about our unbalanced midfield. You can have, so called, quality players in the midfield but if they don't tackle and win 50/50 balls they too are toothless. Our strkers are not particularly missing chances, they are not being fed the bullets.

My view anyway.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:56 pm

Agreed, we haven't seen much from Hemmings, but then again how many chances have been created for him?
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby James » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:10 pm

Is it time for us as fans to turn up too and create an atmosphere?
I've got a Grapefruit matter...
James
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:10 pm

oldweststander wrote:I can't brleive Notts are top of the league, it doesn't add up?

Grant is the danger, incredible how he does so well for Notts C but doesn't get a smell at Notts F.

They say that one bad result/performance doesn't define your season, maybe not, but to lose Saturday would be season defining for the club. Why, because those supporters who had started to come back would go into reverse agan. I know one guy who bought a season ticket but this Saturday would rather go to his caravan on the east coast.

Everyone is blaming our toothless strkers, I don't, for me it has always been about our unbalanced midfield. You can have, so called, quality players in the midfield but if they don't tackle and win 50/50 balls they too are toothless. Our strkers are not particularly missing chances, they are not being fed the bullets.

My view anyway.

I agree with the midfield problem. Our midfield is essentially a league 1 set up. It's lack of creativity, work rate is astonishing really considering the so called talent in there. Our strike force is being given little to work with.
BoughtonStag71
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Bradders » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:19 pm

Angol - average at best
Hemmings - anonymous

Luckily, Rose's one trick is scoring important goals...
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:25 pm

James wrote:Is it time for us as fans to turn up too and create an atmosphere?

Yep, none of this 'they haven't given us anything to cheer about'
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:11 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

Atmosphere against Cambridge started well for first 15 / 20 minutes but it was just not stop blue n yellow barmy army from the Q block. At least break it up with some other song then get back on it.

Mixing it up gets a lot more people involved and singing. I sit in P block which gets involved but goes quiet when the same song is going none stop.

We all need to raise our game though, and get supporting the lads!
Last edited by Stags 2002 on Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:12 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

Let's all cheer Sammy and his missus, the Gabbitas Gate, the lovely green pitch and the biggest club scoreboard in the kingdom of soccer.
Mr Evans is on borrowed time
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:16 pm

Come on people, it's Notts County. We never lose to Notts County. I expect that to continue. Records mean nothing in derbies. Lincoln hadnt lost in a year at home until we came along. 4 years ago, Spireites were top and unbeaten going into our game with them and we beat them.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum