{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Directors walk the stadium each week

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

The Directors walk the stadium each week

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:34 pm

John Radford has said that he and his co-directors walk the stadium each week to ensure that standards are maintained.

I recommend that that the bogs in the IGU are included in their next walk.

Better still, take a look at them on match day 10 minutes into the second half (they need to take some wellies)

It's no good blaming Haslam! :)
Mr Evans is on borrowed time
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Re: The Directors walk the stadium each week

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:38 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:John Radford has said that he and his co-directors walk the stadium each week to ensure that standards are maintained.

Better still, take a look at them on match day 10 minutes into the second half (they need to take some wellies)

Question is Edders, who do you blame ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:39 pm

what if it's haslam pissing on the floor? :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:43 pm

Had this discussion over weekend.

Try posting here Edders

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32092
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:11 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:John Radford has said that he and his co-directors walk the stadium each week to ensure that standards are maintained.

Question is Edders, who do you blame ?

I'm not big on blame - but surely this falls within the scope of the Stadium Manager?
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:17 pm

I blame Kane Hemmings
wayno cordiniho
First Team
First Team

Postby Vice President » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:21 pm

I wonder what they think of the Bishop St. stand? ...... Or have they become immune to the fact that that half of the stadium exists? :roll:
As I pointed out in another thread: all these derbys that we are having with a reduced capacity in the away end ...... a standing terrace would enable additional income for the extra tickets that we could sell once the 1,400 seats (or whatever it is) has sold out. How many games would it take to pay for itself? Well it might take 5 years - and the general rule of thumb is that business cases are viable if the payback is within 5 years. I'd like the club to do the maths and then do something about it.
I am tired of people saying 'we don't fill the stadium as it is' and 'rather spend the money on players' ...... yes of course, we all know that. But we need to do something about Bishop st ... and there is a viable solution now that we have so many local derbys that can bring a return on investment, not to mention the non-quantifiable benefits (such as providing better match day atmosphere, and being more attractive to prospective players etc.)
No point waiting until we are pushing for the championship (that might never happen) - the time to act is actually now.
Vice President
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:24 pm

Im sure JR has said himself that they aren't going to do anything about bishop street until we are in league one
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:34 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:Im sure JR has said himself that they aren't going to do anything about bishop street until we are in league one

I know - and I can understand why. But I can't help think we are missing a trick by not utilising Bishop st. to accomodate thousands of more spectators when we play Notts County, Lincoln, Chesterfield, possibly even Coventry, Grimsby, the play-offs, FA cup games etc. in the meantime.
And if we did get promoted to league 1 ... we would then immediately have the capacity for some other big games.
Don't get me wrong - i'm not suggesting that JR spends his money on Bishop st. unnecessarily .... I just wonder if with a standing terrace (as opposed to a £2m stand with seats) there might be something that could bring a profit into the club, even when we are in league 2?
Vice President
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:37 pm

In my opinion, I dont think it would be profitable for 3/4/5 games a season
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:43 pm

They could sell the scoreboard to raise £50 toward the cost
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:51 pm

a reminder that John and Carolyn said this about the Bishop Street 4 weeks ago

At the meeting the Radfords also revealed they plan to build terracing on the derelict Bishop Street side of the stadium having seen the new ‘safe standing’ was far too expensive to put in.

Chief executive Carolyn Radford said: “There is only one company doing it in the UK at the moment and it’s a ridiculous cost per seat. We just thought keep it simple, keep it basic and let’s get it open.”

John Radford said it would be installed as soon as he felt the demand was there with increased crowds but Carolyn Radford said work could begin as early as Christmas if things were going well.

Read more at: http://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/ma ... -1-8714476
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:00 pm

Did one of them pocket the 'Pubic Dam' during one of these walks?

If Tracey Emin had sculpted it it'd be in the Tate along with a hatfull of awards!
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:10 pm

Zzzzzzz not the same bishop street debate again... there's already a thread been taken over by that, and 14567 in the last few years.

If they walk the stadium every week maybe they just missed the large unsightly trail of bird poop spanning the QLE w/s side entrance / tunnel. Its been there all season and would take someone 5 mins with a bucket and brush to clean before a game.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum