{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Cambridge movement

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Cambridge movement

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:38 pm

Couldn't not comment on how good Cambridges movement was from set pieces yesterday , and not always the same either, very impressive they lost their marker on several occasions, maybe something we could work on or even nick Steve?

particularly liked the one when they bunched up like a train and split the second the corner came in, good job the cross was poor.
Stevie Evans Barmy Army
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Re: Cambridge movement

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:40 pm

We look threatening when Byroms on the pitch, Macca's deliveries are nowhere near the same level
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:01 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:Couldn't not comment on how good Cambridges movement was from set pieces yesterday , and not always the same either, very impressive they lost their marker on several occasions, maybe something we could work on or even nick Steve?

particularly liked the one when they bunched up like a train and split the second the corner came in, good job the cross was poor.

We did try one where three players stood beyond the far post on the byline.

There's worked a treat for the goal, shuttle run from pen spot to edge of area.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:18 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:We look threatening when Byroms on the pitch, Macca's deliveries are nowhere near the same level

i said that we greatly missed byroms set peices yesterday. mellis seems to be the 2nd best set peice taker but he wasn't on until late
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:25 pm

Leon Legge got the better of Krystian Pearce for the Cambridge goal but Krystian got his own back by beating Legge to set up Danny Rose's winner.

I thought the best team at set pieces I've seen this season was Lincoln in the Checkatrade Trophy. Luke Waterfall managed to get free on the back post two or three times.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:10 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:Couldn't not comment on how good Cambridges movement was from set pieces yesterday , and not always the same either, very impressive they lost their marker on several occasions, maybe something we could work on or even nick Steve?

Yet we coped fairly well I thought, bar the one moment of mis-concentration. They were half decent but I thought Wycombe were slightly more dangerous in the area.
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:12 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:

Yet we coped fairly well I thought, bar the one moment of mis-concentration. They were half decent but I thought Wycombe were slightly more dangerous in the area.

It wasn't just once. There was one free header that should have been buried but went just wide and I think another head down for their striker to shoot wide. Could have been punished.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum