{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

videos: Cambridge game

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

videos: Cambridge game

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:03 pm

Jacob Mellis scores the first. Including behind the goal footage by The Source


Danny Rose scores the winner


brief highlights
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14713
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: videos: Cambridge game

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:09 pm

Cheers Martin
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4570
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: videos: Cambridge game

Postby Suttonian » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:54 pm

Good job the penalty was awarded because Hemmings return pass for the one-two was awful and would probably have ended up as a goal kick
Suttonian
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:52 pm

Re: videos: Cambridge game

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:01 pm

slowed it right down, 100% a dive by white, theres absolutely no contact what so ever, its actually a pretty bad dive where he's kicked the back of his own heel and gone down.. Also as it happens the ref is looking at Hemmings (as he plays a horrific one two)
Sedgwick
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: videos: Cambridge game

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:12 pm

Soft penalty like the Luton one but we deserve a bit of luck after some of our earlier performances.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: videos: Cambridge game

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:14 pm

Sedgwick wrote:slowed it right down, 100% a dive by white, theres absolutely no contact what so ever, its actually a pretty bad dive where he's kicked the back of his own heel and gone down.. Also as it happens the ref is looking at Hemmings (as he plays a horrific one two)



not many complaints from cambridge players which doesn't make sense if he dived. they would be all surrounding the ref if he dived
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2528
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: videos: Cambridge game

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:14 pm

Sedgwick wrote:slowed it right down, 100% a dive by white, theres absolutely no contact what so ever, its actually a pretty bad dive where he's kicked the back of his own heel and gone down.. Also as it happens the ref is looking at Hemmings (as he plays a horrific one two)

It looked a penalty to me in real time (as you can tell from my commentary). The angle from the TV gantry does not show conclusively whether he was clipped or not. You would need a different angle, which we don't have (the pitchside camera is in for repair). Shaun Derry said in his interview for Sky Sports News he thought it was a penalty and it was poor from his defender (George Maris).
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14713
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: videos: Cambridge game

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:36 pm

I was very front row Martin level with the incident, there was an almighty 'crack' as he tripped White in the coming together blatant penalty. No it wasn't him kicking his own heels as Sedgwick reckons
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4570
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: videos: Cambridge game

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:42 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:I was very front row Martin level with the incident, there was an almighty 'crack' as he tripped White in the coming together blatant penalty. No it wasn't him kicking his own heels as Sedgwick reckons


:lol: Literally watch it slowed down... the Cambridge player doesn't even move his leg towards him as he flies past. Blatant dive.

Update, sent to a family friend who refs mostly in league one and sometimes (once this season) championship for his opinion and he also said it was a dive but in real time hard to tell.
Sedgwick
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: videos: Cambridge game

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:48 pm

deffo pen end of
Stevie Evans Barmy Army
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6544
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: videos: Cambridge game

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:51 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:I was very front row Martin level with the incident, there was an almighty 'crack' as he tripped White in the coming together blatant penalty. No it wasn't him kicking his own heels as Sedgwick reckons


:lol: Literally watch it slowed down... the Cambridge player doesn't even move his leg towards him as he flies past. Blatant dive.

Update, sent to a family friend who refs mostly in league one and sometimes (once this season) championship for his opinion and he also said it was a dive but in real time hard to tell.

I have watched it slowed down. We don't have the right camera angle for a definitive view. We'd need a camera in the West Stand, or pitchside along from Mez's shed towards the goal.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14713
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: videos: Cambridge game

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:06 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:I was very front row Martin level with the incident, there was an almighty 'crack' as he tripped White in the coming together blatant penalty. No it wasn't him kicking his own heels as Sedgwick reckons


:lol: Literally watch it slowed down... the Cambridge player doesn't even move his leg towards him as he flies past. Blatant dive.

Update, sent to a family friend who refs mostly in league one and sometimes (once this season) championship for his opinion and he also said it was a dive but in real time hard to tell.


Definite pen. Playing Subbuteo with my son today, flicked the ref in front of the telly, he said blatant pen :roll:
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4570
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm


Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Expat Stag, West Ham 1969 and 18 guests