{ the forum }

Stagsnet wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

The Robins scorefred sponsored by Bring on Derby Day

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Robins scorefred sponsored by Bring on Derby Day

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:52 pm

time for Steve Evans to walk the walk, these are your players, your team & your tactics, now start putting it all together and fast
Stevie Evans Barmy Army
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:57 pm

It's a bad day at the office, move on. Saturday is a new day and we will not play as bad as that again. One frustration for me is Mr Evans getting sent to the stands, this is totally unacceptable and interesting that it has been when we have been on the end of a drubbing at Grimsby and tonight. He needs to learn how to lose in a professional manner.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:03 pm

london amber stag wrote:It's a bad day at the office, move on. Saturday is a new day and we will not play as bad as that again. One frustration for me is Mr Evans getting sent to the stands, this is totally unacceptable and interesting that it has been when we have been on the end of a drubbing at Grimsby and tonight. He needs to learn how to lose in a professional manner.

Big gob no class
CassellsCap
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:05 pm

Hot water bottle tonight,cos we ain't got any coal.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:06 pm

:lol:
Amber Andy wrote:Hot water bottle tonight,cos we ain't got any coal.
london amber stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:19 pm

Teams that go up usually have an attacking player in the team of the year, or a known player in the league who everyone agrees is "one of the best"

Don't think we have a single player that fits that. Very Average at the minute. Midfield and upfront is seriously lacking.

Evans said we'll do well if were up there after 10 games, well its been 10 games and were no where near up there. Needs to pick a team and stick with it.
Sedgwick
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:40 pm

Only going to comment on the game I saw and not get into the doom and gloom of what has happened or due to happen, but that was the poorest showing I have seen in a few years, it was that bad, really. From the embarrassment on the touchline to the pitch, one to forget quickly.

But like others have said, lets move on and see how they respond.

To be fair to cheltenham they played very well and worthy of a better scoreline.
Birminghamstag10
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby london amber stag » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:42 pm

What a shocking result to celebrate JR 's 7 years at the helm.
london amber stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby James » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:45 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Teams that go up usually have an attacking player in the team of the year, or a known player in the league who everyone agrees is "one of the best"

Don't think we have a single player that fits that. Very Average at the minute. Midfield and upfront is seriously lacking.

Evans said we'll do well if were up there after 10 games, well its been 10 games and were no where near up there. Needs to pick a team and stick with it.

Nowhere near, we're 9th, and 4 points off 3rd, with 36 games left...
I've got a Grapefruit matter...
James
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Beano » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:48 pm

london amber stag wrote:What a shocking result to celebrate JR 's 7 years at the helm.

We're used to the disappointment, I feel sorry for John and Carolyn who must wonder what they have to do to turn the club around.

Still happy to eat the humble pie though, come on Steve get baking.
We think the same things at the same time
We just can't do anything about it
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Herts Stag » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:21 pm

Don't criticise the midfield. How can there be any understanding when it's chopped and changed every game. Disappointed Me Evans. You should be better than this.
Herts Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:07 am

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:27 am

london amber stag wrote:What a shocking result to celebrate JR 's 7 years at the helm.
Let us hope it doesn't start him itching.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:32 am

CassellsCap wrote:
london amber stag wrote:It's a bad day at the office, move on. Saturday is a new day and we will not play as bad as that again. One frustration for me is Mr Evans getting sent to the stands, this is totally unacceptable and interesting that it has been when we have been on the end of a drubbing at Grimsby and tonight. He needs to learn how to lose in a professional manner.

Big gob no class

Precisely!
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:47 am

Stop all this overnight rubbish for a 2 hour coach ride till these players get down to basics.
Made absolutely no difference and adds to the embarrassment for the club.

JR and CR have been duped by Evans, will he be still here at Xmas at this rate??
If we don't go up he wont stay presumably anyway

He says he is not a league 2 manager
I would say he is a Conference North manager tonight at best.

Lets pick a team and get it sorted out!!

Saturday could be a horror show!!
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:30 am

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:sky sports video

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... -mansfield

:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:

Although the defending was abysmal, which can half be expected when they've kept us in for the last few games.
What about Angols chance early doors, brilliantly slid in by Mellis but his woeful first touch clicked it up. Then for their third, Wright gets the same chance in the same position and buries it!!!

Still a goal scorer short of doing anything
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:53 am

This was absolutely pathetic, I have seen us lose by bigger margins before but not in this style.

After that 1st goal we completely gave up, we stopped doing the basics, we had no shape, players wasn't tracking back, wasn't trying. I dont mind losing but i expect to see professional footballers stay disciplined and do their job and at least have some pride in their individual performance, not last night.

the 2nd and 3rd goals are probably the most embarrassing goals I have seen us concede. What worries me is that when I looked at the team sheet last night i thought ''he is playing his runners, his reliable players'' (Digby Atkinson) and they performed like that.

Steve Evans once again doesn't take any of the blame. Will he ever take any criticism himself? He blatantly does not know how to gel this team and he does not know his best 11.
lifestags
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:06 am

Shocking result. This was a Fleetwoodesque drubbing although Fleetwood had a massive playing budget........hang on a minute :shock:

Due to work commitments, I could not get last night. I clearly decided to end my run of eleven consecutive games at the right time. I went to watch Lincoln v Barnet and saw a couple of Stags strikers score.
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:09 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Shocking result. This was a Fleetwoodesque drubbing although Fleetwood had a massive playing budget........hang on a minute :shock

Due to work commitments, I could not get last night. I clearly decided to end my run of eleven consecutive games at the right time. I went to watch Lincoln v Barnet and saw a couple of Stags strikers score.

EX Stags strikers ;)
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:39 am

We all like the idea of having 2 up top but I really think it's time to move away from the 442 that we have been playing. We are finding it difficult to get a grip on any game playing this way, I can't recall a period in the last 4 games where we have put a team under any sustained period of pressure? The midfield is getting bypassed every game and it needs to change. We don't have 2 strikers pulling up any trees at the minute so pick 1 and go with 3 in the middle of the park and try and get some of the ball back instead of smashing it up top and hoping we get lucky, this way we might be able to string a few passes together and play some attractive football!
BH_Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby adamstag » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:44 am

Bet JR is delighted they left a day early to prepare for that
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:47 am

BH_Stag wrote:We all like the idea of having 2 up top but I really think it's time to move away from the 442 that we have been playing. We are finding it difficult to get a grip on any game playing this way, I can't recall a period in the last 4 games where we have put a team under any sustained period of pressure? The midfield is getting bypassed every game and it needs to change. We don't have 2 strikers pulling up any trees at the minute so pick 1 and go with 3 in the middle of the park and try and get some of the ball back instead of smashing it up top and hoping we get lucky, this way we might be able to string a few passes together and play some attractive football!

Agree, it's not working. 4-2-3-1 is the way forward.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby robda1st » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:06 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:We all like the idea of having 2 up top but I really think it's time to move away from the 442 that we have been playing. We are finding it difficult to get a grip on any game playing this way, I can't recall a period in the last 4 games where we have put a team under any sustained period of pressure? The midfield is getting bypassed every game and it needs to change. We don't have 2 strikers pulling up any trees at the minute so pick 1 and go with 3 in the middle of the park and try and get some of the ball back instead of smashing it up top and hoping we get lucky, this way we might be able to string a few passes together and play some attractive football!

Agree, it's not working. 4-2-3-1 is the way forward.

With our wingers not pulling up any trees and struggling to defend set pieces id be tempted to go 3-5-2 with another cb(get vennett back in the middle) to help out and utilise white and bennings attacking instincts. I think they could be decent wing backs. That lets us still have to CMs with méllis allowed to dictate play without worrying about defending. However can can all agree the current set up doesn't utilîse the players we have
robda1st
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:12 am

3 centre backs could work well for us particularly with White and Benning wing backs as you say.
Sterling-James should maybe then be given a chance as one of the forwards, taking up a wider role but will still have white or Benning behind him. We need some pace injecting in to the side, quite worrying how slow it was yesterday, not a player in the side that could burst past a player with real pace and put them on the back foot.

Quite right on our wingers at the minute, don't think I've seen Atkinson or Anderson skin their full back once all year
BH_Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:29 am

It doesn't matter what formation any team plays. If the work ethic ain't right you're on to a loser. Have the players had enough of Evans constant bawling already, I know I would be fed up. He is embarrassing at times on the touchline.
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum