{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Robins scorefred sponsored by Bring on Derby Day

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Robins scorefred sponsored by Bring on Derby Day

Postby James » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:06 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:It doesn't matter what formation any team plays. If the work ethic ain't right you're on to a loser. Have the players had enough of Evans constant bawling already, I know I would be fed up. He is embarrassing at times on the touchline.

The players work ethic against Wycombe, Lincoln, and Cambridge was one of the main reasons we got 7 points from those games.
I've got a Grapefruit matter...
James
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:59 pm

Herts Stag wrote:Don't criticise the midfield. How can there be any understanding when it's chopped and changed every game. Disappointed Me Evans. You should be better than this.

Everyone's saying 5 changes from last game, but when you look at the starting line up last night there was only TWO differences from the team that was on the field at the end of the Cambridge game.

Everyone you talk to say the changes on Saturday worked and when you add that White pulled out injured and Bennett replaced him if fact there was only one change and that was if effect Digby for McDonald.

I think folk need to get a grip and think things through.

The game before just one change Rose for Angol after Danny scored after coming on as sub.

When you actually look Evans doesn't make as many changes as you think for League games. The vast majority of changes are for cup games.
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:31 pm

Most of the players he has brought in would have known what Evans is like and so they knew what would be coming from the touchline
I don't mind passion on the touchline and the players need a boot up the arse esp after last nights debacle.

All the Malta stuff and overnights is making them soft and thinking they are strolling to league 1 on JR's and CR's dream ticket as the posh boys of league 2.
Errrr... no u are trying to show some grit an fight to get the club up to where most of you have already played and this level should be easier for u!
U have been given the tools... now finish the job and don't take advantage of a good club and number.
The message now is.... ok that's a bad defeat we will all take it on the chin but now get the formation right and get playing to win games is the message from most fans I think.
Last edited by tillydog123 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:38 pm

James wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:It doesn't matter what formation any team plays. If the work ethic ain't right you're on to a loser. Have the players had enough of Evans constant bawling already, I know I would be fed up. He is embarrassing at times on the touchline.

The players work ethic against Wycombe, Lincoln, and Cambridge was one of the main reasons we got 7 points from those games.

Totally agree James, I was just talking in respect of different formations being suggested. I was slightly annoyed when I typed it too lol.
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:53 pm

IT'S ONLY SEPTEMBER!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:58 pm

Agreed. It IS only September and we have only lost TWICE.

It's the way we lost.

It is the way that Evans behaves.

It's disrespectful to those who pay to watch and even more so if you placed so much financial faith in satisfying Evans' summer binge.

Onward and upward, eh?
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:04 pm

everyone knew what evans was like before he came here, why folk are still moaning about it is laughable, it wasn't like he was going to change was he?he won't stop because he's so passionate about the game, maybe too passionate for some but i'd rather have him than a manager who is shtum all game and shows no emotion
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:24 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:everyone knew what evans was like before he came here, why folk are still moaning about it is laughable, it wasn't like he was going to change was he?he won't stop because he's so passionate about the game, maybe too passionate for some but i'd rather have him than a manager who is shtum all game and shows no emotion

Exactly. The same people who were on here slagging Billy Dearden off for just leaning on the dugout. You couldn't make it up. I bet 20 other teams in League 2 would love our manager, same with a lot of League 1 teams.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:44 pm

Not bothered what he does, just what some decent football from his expensive players!
bigalstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:58 pm

Dan wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:everyone knew what evans was like before he came here, why folk are still moaning about it is laughable, it wasn't like he was going to change was he?he won't stop because he's so passionate about the game, maybe too passionate for some but i'd rather have him than a manager who is shtum all game and shows no emotion

Exactly. The same people who were on here slagging Billy Dearden off for just leaning on the dugout. You couldn't make it up. I bet 20 other teams in League 2 would love our manager, same with a lot of League 1 teams.

Put simply, Dan - you're wrong.
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:14 pm

I think most clubs would take evans, you can say what you want about him but he's had success in the football league. We want promotion, not to fanny about how evans conducts himself on the touch line. he ain't going anywhere soon so best get used to it.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:23 pm

I went to watch MK Dons v Northampton last night 0-0. The standard was no better than league two. talking to Dons fans before game they said they wish Evans was their manager. On another note that stadium is amazing 35.000 capacity premier standard but only 11.000 there for a local derby
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:26 pm

I think a lot of people need to calm down and give Evans time. I understand that he's swept in with massive claims, a big reputation and an even bigger ego but only patience will help the cause.

I certainly know that MTFC fans are shy of giving managers an opportunity but after JR has finished paying the big fella off, who do people think would come in and immediately turn it around?

Yes the football has been crap. Very minimal improvement upon this time last year but at least we have points under our belt and a squad with a lot of potential. It's September; 36 games still to play; we have a proven manager who knows that his reputation is on the line to produce. We should perhaps consider getting behind the team on derby day for a start. 3pts would go some way to rectifying a lousy result on Tuesday.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Keep it Simple » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:43 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:I think a lot of people need to calm down and give Evans time. I understand that he's swept in with massive claims, a big reputation and an even bigger ego but only patience will help the cause.

I certainly know that MTFC fans are shy of giving managers an opportunity but after JR has finished paying the big fella off, who do people think would come in and immediately turn it around?

Yes the football has been crap. Very minimal improvement upon this time last year but at least we have points under our belt and a squad with a lot of potential. It's September; 36 games still to play; we have a proven manager who knows that his reputation is on the line to produce. We should perhaps consider getting behind the team on derby day for a start. 3pts would go some way to rectifying a lousy result on Tuesday.

It would
Keep it Simple
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:39 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Dan wrote:

Put simply, Dan - you're wrong.

No I'm not.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:44 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:I think a lot of people need to calm down and give Evans time. I understand that he's swept in with massive claims, a big reputation and an even bigger ego but only patience will help the cause.

Well said Doomy - I made the same point on another thread. This is an exceptionally tough league 2 this year. We need to be patient and give Evans the time and support to put it right.
Vice President
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby london amber stag » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:14 pm

Good post, meltdown on here since last night.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:43 am

Good post from Doomy and agree with all the very varied comments some good some bad.
For me I suppose I thought that the Cheltenham game was one of the 'easier' fixtures as of late and a decent win there or at the least a draw should have been possible without breaking too much sweat but know no game in league 2 is proving easy.
The expectation is at boiling point so any lapse does not sit well and Cheltenham was a very very bad lapse. Agree Evans is a great manager and the best we have had for yonks but its a bit like the weather forecast and when they say it will be sunny and then it rains u feel really really miffed and cheated esp when the new BBQ which just cost u £200 can't be rolled out.
Sat will be important we will either be bathed in glory or, knowing Stags net posters, there will be calls for Evans head on a pole outside the Sandy Pate bar.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:06 am

Best post on here in a while. Sums up what i'm thinking perfectly.

Lets concentrate getting behind the team on Saturday.
I've got a Grapefruit matter...
James
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum