{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Danny Rose - League 2 sharp shooter

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Danny Rose - League 2 sharp shooter

Postby WeDeserveMore » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:39 pm

Danny Rose scores a goal every 97mins. He is the sharpest shooter in league 2.

No other goal scorer is even close in terms of minutes on the pitch versus goals.

Take a bow Sir Danny of Mansfield.
Champions!!!!!!!
WeDeserveMore
First Team
First Team

Re: Danny Rose - League 2 sharp shooter

Postby die hirsche » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:47 pm

You cant argue with that. Carry on doing what you do Danny.
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:09 pm

Credit to Murray for signing him

Credit to evans for getting the best out of him
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:13 pm

So harsh that he only got about 20 minutes in total over the 4 games of Luton, Carlisle, Grimsby and Wycombe. He didn't deserve that at all after scoring 2 in the first 2 games.

His confidence hasn't been knocked though and I think thats partly down to the supporters too, he's a real fans favourite, he knows it and he's thriving on it. Keep playing him and he's knocking 20 in this season at least.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:14 pm

Stoney wrote:So harsh that he only got about 20 minutes in total over the 4 games of Luton, Carlisle, Grimsby and Wycombe. He didn't deserve that at all after scoring 2 in the first 2 games.

His confidence hasn't been knocked though and I think thats partly down to the supporters too, he's a real fans favourite, he knows it and he's thriving on it. Keep playing him and he's knocking 20 in this season at least.

keeps him hungry, so when he gets his chance he tries his best! and now he's got 2 in 2!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:20 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Stoney wrote:So harsh that he only got about 20 minutes in total over the 4 games of Luton, Carlisle, Grimsby and Wycombe. He didn't deserve that at all after scoring 2 in the first 2 games.

keeps him hungry, so when he gets his chance he tries his best! and now he's got 2 in 2!

Hmmm, for me it's as simple as play your best players Bobby. If you've got quality lads then get them on the pitch as much as you can...
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:23 pm

I agree, I think evans was trying to see how hemmings and angol worked out but hasn't been so successful. Time to try out angol and rose at cheltenham
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:42 am

The thing with Rosey is he puts more energy into putting his boots on in the dressing room than Kane expends in the time he's on t'pitch atm.
We love Dan cos he's a trier, a grafter and he's scoring.
Kane needs to add more to his game in these departments.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby scottyd281 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:00 am

Too right a grafter and we all like those in the work place, earning their bags of coal for the team. Kane for me is not a goal scoring machine, he's got the skill, but not the finish. 69+ games in league 1&2 with a 9 goal return says it all; however he does create space / pulling the CB's for those around him.
scottyd281
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby tibby » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:08 am

Got to say, not quite sure what Hemmings does really offer.

He's not quick, still looks overweight, intelligent runs are all well and good but if it's relying on Digby picking a pass then it's a waste of time.

What's happened to Omari James? Games like yesterday I thought his pace could have really stretched them
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:52 am

Kane hasn't offered anything first touch poor, slow, not interested and work rate should be better. Should have started Angol. Leaving Kane out will do him world of good, worked for Danny.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:39 pm

Agree Hemmings has been very disappointing so far as has Butcher.They may both come good we will wait and see.At least we have other options in the squad.Noticed Diamond was not in the squad yesterday is he injured?
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:45 pm

Not every player settles in at a new club quickly so let's give them a little more time for crying out loud Butcher has been here less than a month I think.
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:47 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Not every player settles in at a new club quickly so let's give them a little more time for crying out loud Butcher has been here less than a month I think.

Just stated that butcher has looked quite anonymous apart from his carlisle goal. Of course it will take time but he looks a bit lost recently. I'm not writing him off yet, like some other people did with angol after 2 games
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:59 pm

Stoney wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Hmmm, for me it's as simple as play your best players Bobby. If you've got quality lads then get them on the pitch as much as you can...

If you listened to Evans' interview yesterday ,he says Rose himself doesn't think he can play much more than 65 minutes. He puts that much in to his play, it takes its toll. Players like that have to be managed properly and it's not just a case of keeping him out there. I think it was the Luton game,when he came on they simply bullied him and he didn't get a kick, he wasn't himself and looked fatigued.
abc
First Team
First Team

Postby Waggy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:20 pm

abc wrote:
Stoney wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

If you listened to Evans' interview yesterday ,he says Rose himself doesn't think he can play much more than 65 minutes. He puts that much in to his play, it takes its toll. Players like that have to be managed properly and it's not just a case of keeping him out there. I think it was the Luton game,when he came on they simply bullied him and he didn't get a kick, he wasn't himself and looked fatigued.

`he puts a lot of work into other areas of the field, such as out wide and dropping deep in midfield. Whilst this is widely applauded, you have to ask why is he doing this? I think its because others aren't pulling their weight, especially in midfield. They need to step up so that Rose can stay in the forward positions and last a full 90 mins
And I don't feel any sorrow
Towards the kings and queens of the butterfly collectors
Waggy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:31 pm

abc wrote:
Stoney wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Good post. Although an"all action hero" pleases the crowd, it often leaves a player fatigued for the next game. I think Danny Rose is the best finisher at the club, and should concentrate more on this aspect rather than trying to do everything.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:41 pm

The reason Evans didn't pick Rose is none of the above, it is because he doesn't know his best team and still doesn't. Makes our league position all the more remarkable I suppose! I thought we'd struggle to gel early doors, and we have, however I also thought we'd be lower down the league and playing catch up. When we start to play well watch out.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:00 pm

Rob wrote:The reason Evans didn't pick Rose is none of the above, it is because he doesn't know his best team and still doesn't. Makes our league position all the more remarkable I suppose! I thought we'd struggle to gel early doors, and we have, however I also thought we'd be lower down the league and playing catch up. When we start to play well watch out.

I was thinking this too. What if other teams can't work us out yet because we haven't worked ourselves out yet too, meaning even when we are bad we somehow pick up points. I still think we are exactly where we deserve to be at the moment but if we click, big if, we should finish top 3 easy. In January a good striker and midfielder will do the trick!!!
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Stoney » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:17 pm

abc wrote:
Stoney wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

That's all well and good but he scored in the last 5 minutes...
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:32 pm

Rob wrote:The reason Evans didn't pick Rose is none of the above, it is because he doesn't know his best team and still doesn't. Makes our league position all the more remarkable I suppose! I thought we'd struggle to gel early doors, and we have, however I also thought we'd be lower down the league and playing catch up. When we start to play well watch out.

You obviously know more. Evans must be lying through his sporran.
abc
First Team
First Team

Postby Rob » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:49 pm

abc wrote:

You obviously know more. Evans must be lying through his sporran.

Probably, he has a reputation for it.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum