{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Tannoy bloke

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Tannoy bloke

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:15 am

They can stop playing bloody Bon Jovi* at half time for starters.

*those words shouldn't even pass the swear filter!
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:45 am

die hirsche wrote:And that's not the odd game for a fiver. It's got to be at a price that you can wake up on a Saturday and go 'what shall we do today?'

and coming to field mill has to be one of those options.

At the moment it isnt. Who the eff wonders what to do on a Saturday and thinks ' oh yeah, lets go and watch the football, its only £50 between us!' It's ridiculous.

Considering we play in a three quarters empty stadium it is flipping ridiculous.

that's nothing to do with paul nyland, though, is it?
told you, what carolyn wants, carolyn gets.
m1cksut
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stevethederbystag » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:10 am

Ladybrook lads have always supported & served Mansfield Town. COYS
stevethederbystag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tre Cool » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:13 am

die hirsche wrote:That's his job mate.

So what sort of commercial activity and events did the club do BEFORE Paul came in?

He earned the job after his "The 12th Man" scheme when he part funded the acquisition of players such as Paul Connor whilst in the conference.

You're trying to be clever but you don't know how to even edit a post. Seven posts in a row suggests you're thick and/or trolling - but certainly have an axe to grind with Paul.
Last edited by Tre Cool on Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tre Cool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby tibby » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:14 am

Sat in west stand upper yesterday.

Concourse is filthy, dusty and covered in litter. Toilets were flooded and the smell was awful.

Not an inviting place to take a 5yr old.

Said before, it isn't an event going to the mill, not an enjoyable experience.
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:36 am

tibby wrote:Sat in west stand upper yesterday.

Concourse is filthy, dusty and covered in litter. Toilets were flooded and the smell was awful.

Tibby i agree with you.

Having a 6yr old myself, its a challenge to get in and out of the upper tier toilets without piss all over your shoes and trousers when its flooded. You have to lift him up to reach the urinal anyway but then have to avoid any contact with his shoes :|

We know people from the club read this forum, and as the saying goes the customer is always right (usually).

My challenge to the club is to engage with us the fans on how the match day experience can be improved for ourselves, friends and family.

An open suggestion box (email box prehaps) or something like that to take the key points from, feedback to the fans constructive points raised and implement any changes as a result.

But i'm sure this will likely fall on deaf ears again.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:34 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:They can stop playing bloody Bon Jovi* at half time for starters.

*those words shouldn't even pass the swear filter!

they let the fans pick songs on facebook, i wish they wouldn't because every picks absolutely tripe songs that have no football atmosphere at all
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:50 pm

Upper tier toilets are minging, and trap 2 has been out of order pretty much all season, but at least the pubic dam was cleared in the summer. My missus informs me that the ladies are equally vile.

Keeping the bogs clean shouldn't be that difficult.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:52 pm

Sneag wrote:Upper tier toilets are minging, and trap 2 has been out of order pretty much all season, but at least the pubic dam was cleared in the summer. My missus informs me that the ladies are equally vile.

Blame Bradley youth or go and see him he might get them cleaned with a bit of red rag
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:58 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Sneag wrote:Upper tier toilets are minging, and trap 2 has been out of order pretty much all season, but at least the pubic dam was cleared in the summer. My missus informs me that the ladies are equally vile.

Blame Bradley youth or go and see him he might get them cleaned with a bit of red rag

Hilarious. :roll:
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:13 pm

Seriously, the lavs in the IGU are DISGUSTING.
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:16 pm

Sneag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

Yes I thought so too
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:33 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

Yes I thought so too

You should get yourself on stage at Hoofers next time there's an open mic night.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:36 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:

Tibby i agree with you.

Having a 6yr old myself, its a challenge to get in and out of the upper tier toilets without piss all over your shoes and trousers when its flooded. You have to lift him up to reach the urinal anyway but then have to avoid any contact with his shoes :|

We know people from the club read this forum, and as the saying goes the customer is always right (usually).

My challenge to the club is to engage with us the fans on how the match day experience can be improved for ourselves, friends and family.

An open suggestion box (email box prehaps) or something like that to take the key points from, feedback to the fans constructive points raised and implement any changes as a result.

Complaints/suggestions here

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32092
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:58 pm

Upper bogs have been a disgrace for years - filthy. Young kids can't even reach the urinal (not that they're welcome any rode.)

We spend money on a knackered scoreboard but not the essentials.

As for the pubic dam; it was the highlight of most home games.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:01 pm

I thought it was just my ears but it sounded like Chris appeared to say "Kane Rose" after the goal. Having watched the match videos, it was just my ears. :lol: Though overall I thought he was very professional like others have said.
Tre Cool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:34 pm

part time pete wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:

Tibby i agree with you.

Thanks for the link Pete. (Would help if this was a locked / sticky thread as already on 3 pages of the thread list).

However not sure it covers the point i'm trying to make. What i'm suggesting is an open forum / form of dialogue between the supporters and club from which suggestions can be made and feedback is for all to see as opposed to complaints on an individual basis which will go unnoticed by others.

1 complaint v 500 fans all agreeing with the same point raised would surely have more strength behind it, and encourage the club to act.

This may also encourage others to put forward constructive suggestions if they can see the club have listened, understood and acted upon feedback.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:50 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
part time pete wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:

Tibby i agree with you.

Thanks for the link Pete. (Would help if this was a locked / sticky thread as already on 3 pages of the thread list).

However not sure it covers the point i'm trying to make. What i'm suggesting is an open forum / form of dialogue between the supporters and club from which suggestions can be made and feedback is for all to see as opposed to complaints on an individual basis which will go unnoticed by others.

1 complaint v 500 fans all agreeing with the same point raised would surely have more strength behind it, and encourage the club to act.

This may also encourage others to put forward constructive suggestions if they can see the club have listened, understood and acted upon feedback.

agreed. It is now a sticky
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby G B » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:34 pm

die hirsche wrote:
G B wrote:
die hirsche wrote:no my little friend i'm not. i wish i was.

i cant add anything more to this debate, can you?

Quite ironic seeing as you appear to be the critic. I think listing a few of your forward thinking ideas would actually add to the debate and would also allow others to mull over them to see if you could step into Paul's shoes moving forward.

Go on punk. Make our day. We are all ears

i think the balls in your court.

I think you are mistaken as I wasn't the one criticising Paul Nyland or the events that he puts on.
He does music, comedy, quizzes, sports celebrity nights and several other event types all in the name of getting revenue into the club. Not all of them may be to your taste but I'm struggling to think of much that he hasn't tried and they are generally well attended events.

We will become cool as a club when we hopefully get better and move up a league or two. Unfortunately most kids don't see MTFC as being cool regardless of what is done off the pitch, whilst we are an average L2 club. I've got amber and blue blood running through my vains and have taken my 13 year old lad to watch the Stags on several occasions over the years. He doesn't enjoy watching them regardless of what I do or tell him. The reason is that the football has been rubbish. His words not mine although 95% of the time I hate to say he's probably been correct. Like most kids he sees the TV premier and champions league games as the norm and has ended up disappointed with the matches he's watched. Yes he needs a reality check and most of the time has got one when he's watched us play.

In terms of the entrance fee, that's the general cost of football and is necessary to cover the costs of the club. The Stags are no different to any other lower league club in that respect.

Fingers crossed we will be a top 7 team all season, start playing some decent football and get promoted. If that happens we will become a bit more cool and people won't mind paying the entrance fee.

Apologies I didn't respond earlier as I don't live on Stagsnet like some and only get the time to log on a few times a week. Also the punk reference probably wasn't something I should of written. It was a naff Dirty Harry reference designed to wind you up a bit because I felt your criticism of Paul was unreasonable and unjustified.
G B
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum