{ the forum }

Stagsnet wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Away fans

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Away fans

Postby stagmad » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:43 am

On Facebook it's been said that Cambridge have sold 350 tickets for today's match and now they can pay cash at our ground on the day meening it's not all ticket that's supposed to have come off there twitter but I can't see it happening
stagmad
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Away fans

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:00 pm

They can pay for tickets on the day like home fans do.
MTFCMAD
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby daddycool » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:46 pm

Said all ticket on their website.
daddycool
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:56 pm

;)
says tickets available on turnstiles :roll: :roll: so its pay cash turnstile :roll: :roll:

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:28 pm

And that's very sensible when there clearly isn't going to be 2000 away fans turning up.

Should <ahem> happen in the <ahem> home end too <sigh>.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:38 pm

Come on Doomy, your better than that. You know full well stags fans can buy tickets on the day just meters from the turnstiles.

Makes sense to keep away fans at the away end and take cash there, instead of having them queue with home fans.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:47 pm

At a higher price than in the week
BigGuy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby pemill » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:47 pm

OMG we're still not going round this ticketing scenario again.

It's never been so easy, you don't even have to leave your house to get a ticket let alone go to the ground fgs.

It's laughable :lol:
pemill
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:17 pm

pemill wrote:OMG we're still not going round this ticketing scenario again.

It's never been so easy, you don't even have to leave your house to get a ticket let alone go to the ground fgs.

It's laughable :lol:

Yes but some people have their printer in a spare bedroom so have to go up some stairs, which is very inconvenient. Can't the club just hand deliver a ticket to you on your sofa and allow you to pay in florins?
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:53 pm

Jamie wrote:Come on Doomy, your better than that. You know full well stags fans can buy tickets on the day just meters from the turnstiles.

And queue twice in all conditions.....
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:09 pm

Perhaps the club should do a home delivery service. Or better still open the gates, let fans find a seat and send someone round to collect the money. A bit like a bus conductor. Sorry for the sarcasm, but this old chestnut brings the worst out in me.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:56 pm

Just a working contactless card machine at every window in the ticket booth would go a long way to eliminating or at least cutting queueing times.

I can bet you a £ to a pinch of horse crap, that come kick off time next Saturday the queue at the ticket booths will be reaching the car park gates, 3 windows will be open & they'll have one ticket machine between them.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:26 pm

Can't folk just call at an ATM on way to ground and pay cash. Simples....
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:39 pm

It is Pete, but the club want this system in place, then the onus is on them to provide the facilities to make it as seemless as possible.

The online ticketing is good, but while ever there's a queue forming at the booths there's scope to improve the system.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:14 pm

I don't usually moan about tickets being a season ticket holder I took my nephew to the Whycomb game he's 16 asked for a under 17 ticket the woman on the express ticket booth said that would be £22 when I explain he's 16 she said yes £22 I once again said no that's wrong that's the adult price he's 16 she replied yes your right it's £16 I gave her £21 expecting a fiver change she replied I need another £1.... I looked at her n said no I need a fiver n it's says Express n not Explain she replied sorry I'm having a bad day.... 10 minutes to buy a ticket at 7pm n not a supporter in sight
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:57 pm

Sneag, you are spot on with this and I put it down as a question to SFU meeting, with no outcome. Case in point was yesterday, when I bought a ticket a ticket. The terminal was dutifully handed over to use my contactless card, only for the terminal not to work because the receipt roll had run out. Cue minor panic while one was sorted out and 5 minutes wait. As it was the card queues were not too bad yesterday. Imagine next weeks queues and the same thing happening.
It is just not professional and is adding unneeded waiting time .
bigalstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:46 pm

I went to the window yesterday to buy two tickets and pay in cash.

The young gentleman then went through the seat allocation and said, 'I'm sorry you will have to go to the next window, this machine has stopped working'. I then went through the whole thing again and duly paid my money over only to see the young man taking cash at the original window. It was only at that point I realised he was talking about the card machine which I didn't want to use anyway.

Confused...... You will be after the next exciting episode of Soap.
Soldiers. Remember he also serves who only makes the sandwiches
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:52 pm

Contactless is the way forward, people shouldn’t have to withdraw cash to get a ticket quicker.
Conker
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:12 pm

Conker wrote:Contactless is the way forward, people shouldn’t have to withdraw cash to get a ticket quicker.

Contactless is only upto a £30 transactions though, two tickets or more then cash / card will be required to make the purchase.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:48 pm

Let's put some perspective in to this. Is it only at the Stags ticket booths were technical problems or human error occur ? Of course not. It happens everywhere, the supermarket, the bank at restaurants. Also it is not always the ticket booth operative who is causing a delay. Last time I bought a ticket, the guy in front had no idea where he wanted to sit, didn't know how much the cost was and more infuriating didn't have his money ready.
The fact that the booths are now clearly labelled cash only, card only and even an express one for sit anywhere, shows that the club is trying to make the process as quick as possible. Having said that one supporter went to the wrong booth and moaned that he had to be directed to the correct one.
As for games like the Notts one, surely it makes sense to get the ticket in the week ( at the club or on line ). Or turning up earlier than usual on match day. Still plenty of time for a pint !
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:08 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
Conker wrote:Contactless is the way forward, people shouldn’t have to withdraw cash to get a ticket quicker.

Contactless is only upto a £30 transactions though, two tickets or more then cash / card will be required to make the purchase.

Surely you'd just buy one ticket at a time :lol:

I agree with Andy, a bit of planning is all that's needed. Yes the system can be improved and I am sure it will be, but also fans without tickets need to allow more time. Pitch up an hour before, get your ticket, then get your pie and pint.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:11 pm

Don't worry too much about it. Whilst this mess is in place we'll never have to worry about too many home supporters - shudder the thought.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby frt1987 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:54 pm

The reason that people wouldn't go to a game is NOT because of the ticket system.

Go to any theatre, music gig etc and you need a ticket..people manage to get them!

Premier league/championship invariably need a ticket to get in and people manage to get them!

When Stags get a big game..Liverpool etc .. people manage to get a ticket and queue in the wind and rain to get them!

You can even turn up at 5 to 3 and pay cash at the window to get them!

You don't even have to leave home to get them!

Why do some have a massive problem about them??
frt1987
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:16 pm

Rob wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:

Surely you'd just buy one ticket at a time :lol:

I agree with Andy, a bit of planning is all that's needed. Yes the system can be improved and I am sure it will be, but also fans without tickets need to allow more time. Pitch up an hour before, get your ticket, then get your pie and pint.

Rob i'd like to think if you we're buying 3 or 4 tickets in quick succession that the bank would put a block on the card if using contactless for security reasons in the case of theft.

But as you say planning is all that is needed so can be avoided anyway.
Stags 2002
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:25 pm

You can buy tickets online and pay with your card on the internet. Print off the tickets at home.

Alternatively, phone during the week (or even Saturday morning) and pay by card over the phone and the tickets are ready to be collected.

I have used the above for lots of league clubs. Some clubs (e.g. Donny Rovers) also allow you to order a programme at the same time and pick it up with your ticket. I don't think we have a "collection only" window at the Stags although I normally go in the club shop to collect any tickets that I've ordered.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum