{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Woburn Lane Funding

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Woburn Lane Funding

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:45 pm

Stockportstag wrote:Too much political crap on this forum. Time it was stopped and put in the red dustbin

this

feels like a lot of threads are starting to turn into political spats
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:56 pm

No, it would look much better in the blue dustbin!
bigalstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bex » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:43 pm

Martin!...Sir!....Red boys are callin' blue boys and and. :lol: ...............WE GONE OFF TOPIC :oops:
"Played a 1 2 with the 'keeper and got an easy slot in" Paul Anderson 12/08/2017
bex
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:17 pm

And there were some on here wanting a rejig of this great message board and lumping everything into one pot. It's about time the mods pressed the ejector button on this and sent it to the plotlics and news forum where it now belongs.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:24 pm

I think we should only have threads that slag off our players. #Stagsnetcomfortzone
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:47 pm

bex wrote:Martin!...Sir!....Red boys are callin' blue boys and and. :lol: ...............WE GONE OFF TOPIC :oops:

only a few days ago, I asked people to take their political views to the politics forum. The problem is that every time Ben Bradley is mentioned, some people take that as an invitation to spout their political views. It isn't.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby G B » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:52 pm

Sorry Martin please forgive me and feel free to move this to another forum but whilst we are talking politics, is this the same caring, sharing MP who recently voted against giving the towns biggest employer a pay rise which would come somewhere close to the rate of inflation and boosted the town far more than putting his name against positive things involving the football club which have been done by others?

How did it go? "we're are all in this together" :roll:

Just saying :D
G B
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:07 pm

G B wrote:Sorry Martin please forgive me and feel free to move this to another forum but whilst we are talking politics, is this the same caring, sharing MP who recently voted against giving the towns biggest employer a pay rise which would come somewhere close to the rate of inflation and boosted the town far more than putting his name against positive things involving the football club which have been done by others?

How did it go? "we're are all in this together" :roll:

Just saying :D

I don't want to move the thread, because the issue of funding for Woburn Lane is an important one.

I do want people to stop taking it as an invitation to spout their political views every time Ben Bradley is mentioned.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:23 pm

Have Mansfield Town themselves actually announced any awarding of funds, or is it Benjamin jumping the gun to break the story?
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:44 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Have Mansfield Town themselves actually announced any awarding of funds, or is it Benjamin jumping the gun to break the story?

At the end of the day Doomy, as long as it gets built then I don't care what colour MP polishes their ministerial suit buttons for it
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:15 pm

Jamie wrote:
Grendon Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:As my income is low ( but still paying tax ), I would probably do well under Corbyn and his crew for a few years. But the thought of him in power and the probable consequences for my children and grandchildren makes me shudder.

You'd probably be better shuddering at the consequences of another 5 years of austerity!!

Sooner that than a country with unmanageable debt caused by a hugely bloated public sector, or worse being run by Jeremy "magic money tree' Corbyn.

Unlike the country with an unmanageable debt like us under a Tory government who somehow found a magic money tree when they didn't get enough votes so had to pay a party who don't like gays to help them?! Glad we're in such safe hands.....
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:41 am

So glad i voted for Ben, doing a superb job so far.

He might not have had much to do with this training facility but definately getting on with raising Mansfield's profile.

Corybn haha what a first rate ..... :lol:
BigGuy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:31 am

The new MP could get a billion quid of funding for the town and sort everyone a job and there’d still be dull sorts on here chatting their 1970’s rhetoric.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Waggy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:04 am

bellwhiff wrote:The new MP could get a billion quid of funding for the town and sort everyone a job and there’d still be dull sorts on here chatting their 1970’s rhetoric.

....but he's not going too, is he? His only raison d'être is to serve his wealthy overlords and hoodwink gullible fools into thinking he represents their interests.
And I don't feel any sorrow
Towards the kings and queens of the butterfly collectors
Waggy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby daddycool » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:57 am

bellwhiff wrote:The new MP could get a billion quid of funding for the town and sort everyone a job and there’d still be dull sorts on here chatting their 1970’s rhetoric.

Good post
daddycool
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:56 am

That is an entirely hypothetical scenario, just like if he & his party drove the town in to an even deeper mire than its in now (which would take some doing) there are those forelock tugging types who would still want to kiss his arse.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby jacobs mouse » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:35 am

Stop talking crap youth! Everytime the bloody reds have got in, the country has gone to pot.Name me one good thing Labour has done for our town. . . . . . . . .thought so.
jacobs mouse
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sneag » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:42 am

The NHS last big employer in town a Labour invention, the introduction of the minimum wage vital for a low pay ghetto like Mansfield a Labour policy.

There are plenty of stats outthere if you want to put the time & effort in that show the UK economy post war has done better under Labour governments than under the Tories.

Name me one Tory policy that has ever been good for Mansfield.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:56 am

Although I personally disagree with the policy, many Mansfield folk accepted a financial windfall with the "right to buy" your council house policy. A policy that Labour were not prepared, like so many other policies, to repeal.

Labour love telling us how poor everyone is, how much better they would make it, problem is they never do.

Tony Blair had the funds to do everything necessary, including the much needed NHS shake up but he didn't. That is the overarching reason I will never vote Labour again and the reason I left the party.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:01 am

Will the facilities be ready for use next season ?
a stag is a proud & noble beast
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:16 am

please use the politics forum if you want to discuss politics
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:32 am

Martin Shaw wrote:please use the politics forum if you want to discuss politics

Maybe you could be so kind as to make a copy of this thread in the politics for those political officianados amongst us?

Bottom line is, we're all glad to hear positive news about Woburn Lane
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:42 am

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:please use the politics forum if you want to discuss politics

Maybe you could be so kind as to make a copy of this thread in the politics for those political officianados amongst us?

Bottom line is, we're all glad to hear positive news about Woburn Lane

ok, done.

There is now a copy of this thread in the politics forum to continue discussion on politics.

Please only use this thread to discuss Woburn Lane.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:53 am

Sport and Politics have always been intertwined.

I can remember sitting around the colosseum waiting to go on after Christians had been fed to the lions debating, 'What had the Romans ever done for us?'
I am Spartacus
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:02 am

Sneag wrote:The NHS last big employer in town a Labour invention, the introduction of the minimum wage vital for a low pay ghetto like Mansfield a Labour policy.

There are plenty of stats outthere if you want to put the time & effort in that show the UK economy post war has done better under Labour governments than under the Tories.

Name me one Tory policy that has ever been good for Mansfield.

Working Family Tax credits, which helped me personally for a few years and prevented my own family being out on the streets after being made redundant twice in two years. Not a scroungers tax but a supplement for low earning families - particularly handy in areas on their backsides with low paid employment.

Fortunately I only needed it for a few short years and helped keep the economy ticking over. Tories however have different ideas regarding there necessity, unsurprisingly.
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum