{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Woburn Lane Funding

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Woburn Lane Funding

Postby adamstag » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:47 pm

Sneag wrote:But what has he actually 'done' (& I'm not contesting the level of buggerallness Meale did)?

He seems very adept at photobombing the hard work of the Radfords to raise his profile, but I not seeing any evidence of his contribution to either the hotel or Woburn.

He's raised the issue in the commons for a start.

Which is 1 more thing than that arrogant scrote did in all his time, so that's a start.

As others have said, I don't give a toss what party they are, if they're shouting for the town then so be it.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chander Lear » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:15 pm

If can only be positive for the town. New Hotel, funding for the training. If stags improve as a team, more fans will be heading to the town for the match. The pubs and restaurants trade picks up. Hotel gets buiness along with the buiness which the buisness parks have been crying out for.

More home fans hitting the dying town centre.

Put the politics aside, embrace it
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby eggy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:45 pm

Politics aside, this is great news for the club and the town.

As for Bradley, he has been elected to represent the town, if he does well fair play to him. And I say that as the reddest of the red on here ;)

Let's see what regeneration comes for the rest of the town, that the Radfords won't be paying for...
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby stags87 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:06 pm

There is no such thing as a 'good' Tory politician. They still all stand for the same party and their manifesto of pointless austerity.
stags87
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:30 pm

stags87 wrote:There is no such thing as a 'good' Tory politician. They still all stand for the same party and their manifesto of pointless austerity.

To be honest, we seem to be devoid of good politicians in all partys, particularly in leadership. Tho only potentially decent leader decided to become mayor of Manchester. At least the Tory guy is trying to do something for the town
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:52 pm

stags87 wrote:There is no such thing as a 'good' Tory politician. They still all stand for the same party and their manifesto of pointless austerity.

You mustn't know much about politics, what a daft statement.

The lad is from Ripley, and will know as much about the area and the politics surrounding it than any of us.

Maybe folk like you are happy to stick in the past, why not bring back Meale while at it? :lol: :roll:

What he represents as a national party has bugger all to what he does as a local lad, and again has done more than Meale ever did.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:13 pm

adamstag wrote:

The lad is from Ripley, and will know as much about the area and the politics surrounding it than any of us.

Maybe folk like you are happy to stick in the past, why not bring back Meale while at it? :lol: :roll:

What he represents as a national party has bugger all to what he does as a local lad, and again has done more than Meale ever did.

So by that logic it wouldn't matter if he stood on a Nazi Party ticket as long as he was a local lad.

He can't fail to do more than Meale because a) he's a backbencher for the governing party, and a backbencherv in opposition is very limited in what they can achieve, even a hard working one, b) Meale was lazy & complacent, so just by not being Meale he's on a winner c) this is now a key marginal and the Tories my flick a few crumbs of their table in our direction.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby stags87 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:25 pm

adamstag wrote:

In answer to all of he above Adam:
I consider myself to be reasonably politically aware.
It makes no difference where he is from, he is still a Tory and hence the enemy of all working class people.
I do take the past into consideration as the policies of the Tory party have had a devastating impact on the country, this area in particular. However I also consider the current manifestos of both parties.
What he represents and supports are the policies of the Tory party, whether he is a 'local lad' or not.
stags87
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby adamstag » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:31 pm

Sneag wrote:
adamstag wrote:

So by that logic it wouldn't matter if he stood on a Nazi Party ticket as long as he was a local lad.

He can't fail to do more than Meale because a) he's a backbencher for the governing party, and a backbencherv in opposition is very limited in what they can achieve, even a hard working one, b) Meale was lazy & complacent, so just by not being Meale he's on a winner c) this is now a key marginal and the Tories my flick a few crumbs of their table in our direction.

Of course not, but whereas what's happened shouldn't be forgotten, he's trying his best and is doing something for the town. Folk should give him a go. Labour let down their own and took for granted their heartlands in the Midlands, assisting the Brexit vote and swings like this. Mansfield hasn't improved in the last 2 decades, and the reason for this was our labour representative - Meale. He, like his party took the place for granted and paid the price. The unfortunate thing is that the folk of Mansfield are also paying the price
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:40 pm

Has comparing someone to Meale really become a thing? It's like comparing anything being better than a smack in the mouth from a wrecking ball.

The least you should expect from your local politician is for them to say summat in the Commons. I'll salute Ben when I start seeing fruit hanging from the local tree, thanks to his efforts. This town has benefited less than zilch in thirty years. If Ben and the blues want to prik (prik is actually on the swear filter) my ears up, the least they can start with in Mansfield is redevelopment, jobs and social housing. If they don't achieve anything regarding that then they're no better than what wasn't achieved when they weren't in power here.

As for Woburn, I'm not sure what influence Ben or the Tories have with football authorities who hand out this cash.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby ianb » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:54 am

DoomMerchant wrote:I'm not sure what influence Ben or the Tories have with football authorities who hand out this cash.

I think it's the Tesco theory, "Every Little Helps" :D
ianb
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby daddycool » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:49 am

Cannot read anywhere that he stated he had any influence on the grant. Just saying its happening.
daddycool
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:41 am

adamstag wrote:
Sneag wrote:
adamstag wrote:

Of course not, but whereas what's happened shouldn't be forgotten, he's trying his best and is doing something for the town. Folk should give him a go. Labour let down their own and took for granted their heartlands in the Midlands, assisting the Brexit vote and swings like this. Mansfield hasn't improved in the last 2 decades, and the reason for this was our labour representative - Meale. He, like his party took the place for granted and paid the price. The unfortunate thing is that the folk of Mansfield are also paying the price

As a life-long Labour supporter, I struggle to describe how angry I am with that complacent political lightweight of an outgoing Mansfield MP. If anyone had told me that Mansfield would be won by a rookie Conservative, I would have offered good odds against it.

Meale has enjoyed a long and easy occupation of what has always been one of the safest Labour seats in the country. I cannot remember anything significant that he has done for his constituents during his tenure.

Of course, he's not troubled by his failure to retain his seat. He's got his knighthood, he's enjoyed many years of MP salary and expenses and, he has a generous blue-chip pension together with a large pay-off.

Thank you for all your service, Sir Alan.
Edders: Happy-clappin’ glory-huntin’ since 1967
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:03 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
Sneag wrote:
adamstag wrote:

As a life-long Labour supporter, I struggle to describe how angry I am with that complacent political lightweight of an outgoing Mansfield MP. If anyone had told me that Mansfield would be won by a rookie Conservative, I would have offered good odds against it.

Meale has enjoyed a long and easy occupation of what has always been one of the safest Labour seats in the country. I cannot remember anything significant that he has done for his constituents during his tenure.

Of course, he's not troubled by his failure to retain his seat. He's got his knighthood, he's enjoyed many years of MP salary and expenses and, he has a generous blue-chip pension together with a large pay-off.

Thank you for all your #sponging, Sir Alan.

#corrected
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:13 am

Andy "Buttons" Burnham, couldn't lead our dog nevermind a political party.

I'm afraid we look devoid of leadership nationally, if David Davies does his job he is a contender, BJ deffo not at any price.
Last edited by oldweststander on Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:37 pm

As my income is low ( but still paying tax ), I would probably do well under Corbyn and his crew for a few years. But the thought of him in power and the probable consequences for my children and grandchildren makes me shudder.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:48 pm

Amber Andy wrote:As my income is low ( but still paying tax ), I would probably do well under Corbyn and his crew for a few years. But the thought of him in power and the probable consequences for my children and grandchildren makes me shudder.

You'd probably be better shuddering at the consequences of another 5 years of austerity!!
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:17 pm

Grendon Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:As my income is low ( but still paying tax ), I would probably do well under Corbyn and his crew for a few years. But the thought of him in power and the probable consequences for my children and grandchildren makes me shudder.

You'd probably be better shuddering at the consequences of another 5 years of austerity!!

Probably. Like I have said earlier in the thread, in almost 50 years of voting, I have never felt so unrepresented.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:17 pm

It's like voting which one of your ballhocks you want chopping off.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:19 pm

if this lad is setting the standard for the next labour mp to live up to then see it as a positive.
old ram stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:39 pm

Dan wrote:It's like voting which one of your ballhocks you want chopping off.
Spot on Dan.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:18 pm

Grendon Stag wrote:

Sooner that than a country with unmanageable debt caused by a hugely bloated public sector, or worse being run by Jeremy "magic money tree' Corbyn.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:00 pm

How has a thread titled 'woburn lane funding' turned into a political spat? Can we talk about the training ground now please :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Expat Stag » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:27 pm

When you accept both parties are utter ***** & more in hoc to their own interests than the peoples, why not get screwed by the one that doesn't openly despise you ......
Hope I'm wrong
Expat Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stockportstag » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:41 pm

Too much political crap on this forum. Time it was stopped and put in the red dustbin
Stockportstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum