{ the forum }

Stagsnet wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Woburn Lane Funding

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Woburn Lane Funding

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:05 am

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Have Mansfield Town themselves actually announced any awarding of funds, or is it Benjamin jumping the gun to break the story?

At the end of the day Doomy, as long as it gets built then I don't care what colour MP polishes their ministerial suit buttons for it

I agree with that pal. However any off field Stags success is down to John and Carolyn and nobody else.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:38 am

So does anyone know what next next stage of this project is ?

Normally clubs post updates with pictures every week regarding something like this even if it's just grass growing.
MTFCMAD
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:23 pm

Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:The new MP could get a billion quid of funding for the town and sort everyone a job and there’d still be dull sorts on here chatting their 1970’s rhetoric.

That is an entirely hypothetical scenario, just like if he & his party drove the town in to an even deeper mire than its in now (which would take some doing) there are those forelock tugging types who would still want to kiss his arse.

Get bent. No one is tugging their forelock and you’re just trotting out the same old out of date insular rubbish that the likes of you stuck in the past fools are known for.

I know you hate the fact that there’s a Blue MP who is so proactive and on the front foot. If he had aredrosette Kn you’d be praising him to the hilt. How sad you are.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:26 pm

Waggy wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:The new MP could get a billion quid of funding for the town and sort everyone a job and there’d still be dull sorts on here chatting their 1970’s rhetoric.

....but he's not going too, is he? His only raison d'être is to serve his wealthy overlords and hoodwink gullible fools into thinking he represents their interests.

That’s literally made me Raff Out Roud.

BS bingo. Please mention Toffs and Top Hats. I’m sweating on a Full House

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:01 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:

That is an entirely hypothetical scenario, just like if he & his party drove the town in to an even deeper mire than its in now (which would take some doing) there are those forelock tugging types who would still want to kiss his arse.

Get bent. No one is tugging their forelock and you’re just trotting out the same old out of date insular rubbish that the likes of you stuck in the past fools are known for.

I know you hate the fact that there’s a Blue MP who is so proactive and on the front foot. If he had aredrosette Kn you’d be praising him to the hilt. How sad you are.

You know raspberry all about me mush.

If you ever bothered to read other people posts before you trot out your usual raspberrys, you'd see that pretty much everyone on this thread & the one on the politics forum (sorry Martin) where you should be posting your usual ignorant tripe, is unanimous in agreeing that The new MP can't fail to be an improvement on Meale.

The question revolves around just what contribution he's making if any to the Woburn project, how much is it a constituency MP doing right by an institution in the town and how much is political opportunism.

I know that contained quite a few long words, so I hope you understood it.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:33 pm

so sneag would you now take meale back over bradley yes or no?
old ram stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:34 am

old ram stag wrote:so sneag would you now take meale back over bradley yes or no?

Course he would. It burns the pit of his soul that Mansfield is a Tory seat. I think it is hilarious that these dinosaurs are so out of touch.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:11 am

old ram stag wrote:so sneag would you now take meale back over bradley yes or no?

No, Meale had to go. I'd have preferred he'd been deselected years ago, but having a Tory MP while not ideal for my personal politics (which really aren't much left of centre despite what the Little Corpral thinks), will in the long run be a price worth paying to get rid him.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:22 am

Mansfield becoming Tory is probably a good thing in the long term.Labour will now have to choose a strong candidate to regain the seat.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:27 am

My politics are shoulder to shoulder with Sneag's and unsurprisingly I agree with him. It's the fault of the Labour party that they've in theory, taken the piss, out of their gimme seat in Mansfield. Keeping Meale there, happily doing his working retirement, producing orange all and failing to even speak has been to everybody's detriment.

Bradley might be an okay short term fix for sorting out the Meale situation; he may become a trier, but his parties 'local effect' will only be judged if we see some marked progress. I'll be stood, arms folded, waiting to see, but knowing that they only have to take us out of Europe to appease the majority of local people, who find it all to easy to accept that their town has collapsed around them due to EVERY political party, locally and nationally.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:14 am

Rubbish statement from DoomMerchat, living u to his name it seems.

Every righ to his opinion, so ha, ho.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:05 am

locked, even though I didn't want to have to, as per my previous three requests. Please use the politics forum.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum