{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Woburn Lane Funding

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Woburn Lane Funding

Postby Johan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:27 pm

From Ben Bradley's Facebook;

"Brilliant to hear that Mansfield Town Football Club has been awarded a grant from the Premier League & The Football Association Facilities Fund, with the Football Foundation and the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, to fund a brand new all weather pitch and changing facilities. Great to hear about investment in Mansfield, as well as more positive news for the Stags."

Presumably this is the final piece of the jigsaw?
Johan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Woburn Lane Funding

Postby ParisStag » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:33 pm

He's very wisely involving himself in the positivity of at the club and hoping it rubs off on him. It probably will - people in this town have short memories.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:08 pm

The town needs money and regeneration projects and he seems very proactive in trying to do so unlike the previous incumbent , I’d be trying to get the town on the mainline railway only then in my opinion will company’s be willing to invest in the town .
Billy the fish
First Team
First Team

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:37 pm

You can't beat a trier fair play to the man he's done more for Mansfield since the election than Meale ticket did in 30 years of stealing a wage from the tax payers....

Have the council reclaimed their garden furniture yet....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:56 pm

Can't you see it is central government pulling the strings in a marginal conservative seat.
We might win against Accrington next time.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby daddycool » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:15 pm

:lol:
part time pete wrote:Can't you see it is central government pulling the strings in a marginal conservative seat.

:lol: 8-) 8-) :lol: nice one a football pitch will clinch the marginal
daddycool
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:27 pm

ParisStag wrote:He's very wisely involving himself in the positivity of at the club and hoping it rubs off on him. It probably will - people in this town have short memories.

Surely it was too long to let a thread go by without making it political :P
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:49 pm

Posts from Paris Stag and Part time Pete are quite frankly depressing.

I am not a Conservative ( far from it) however this is about having an MP who is interested in regenerating Mansfield and if that involves linking up to the resurgence of the Football Club then so be it.

Rather this than the complacency of the previous incumbent. The new MP is damned either way but for me it's encouraging. I have no interest in the Politics just what I see. If Meale had shown the same enthusiasm he would still be MP.
yorkstag
First Team
First Team

Postby old ram stag » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:58 pm

fair play to the lad hes trying and as said shouts out for mansfield, i to am no tory but keep it up Ben your doing a good job for a blue.
old ram stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby geoffhill » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:07 pm

Never liked Meale and never will.He was conspicuous by his absence in our area.Also he was a mate of the dark lord.Need I say more.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:15 pm

old ram stag wrote:fair play to the lad hes trying and as said shouts out for mansfield, i to am no tory but keep it up Ben your doing a good job for a blue.

Never mind that, get doing your match day video.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:21 pm

He's done more to try and help the town in the last few months than Meale did in the last 10+ years... Yet still people moan.

Put aside you're political ties and recognise the effort Ben is making to improve the town and things like the club.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:26 pm

What's Alan Meale ever done for us?

Cue SFL with Life of Brian 'Romans' sketch on a video. :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:42 pm

I was gutted that labour lost Mansfield but it's about your MP doing what's best for the people of your town, well done that man at least you are doing your job so credit to you.
CassellsCap
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:45 pm

yorkstag wrote:Posts from Paris Stag and Part time Pete are quite frankly depressing.

I am not a Conservative ( far from it) however this is about having an MP who is interested in regenerating Mansfield and if that involves linking up to the resurgence of the Football Club then so be it.

Rather this than the complacency of the previous incumbent. The new MP is damned either way but for me it's encouraging. I have no interest in the Politics just what I see. If Meale had shown the same enthusiasm he would still be MP.

Good post.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:57 pm

But what has he actually 'done' (& I'm not contesting the level of buggerallness Meale did)?

He seems very adept at photobombing the hard work of the Radfords to raise his profile, but I not seeing any evidence of his contribution to either the hotel or Woburn.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:04 pm

He's being smart and tagging himself alongside populist things, its what every new MP up and down the land will be doing now. Literally lifting his finger means he's doing 100% more than Meale did, and Labour lost Mansfield because of Meale, not because of the Labour Party. However, as Pete says - Mansfield will benefit from more central funding and investment, simply due to the fact that its a marginal constituency that the Tories want to keep - you might not like that, and you might see it as people being negative, but not understanding or wanting to believe that doesn't mean that its not happening, because it is and it will.
Controlled & Clueless. If this is the big life, well I ain't looking to live it.
@watski
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:44 pm

Whats wrong with voting tory i grew up in a pit house in pleasley ,never clever enough to go to university ,mind you in those days it was easy to get a job ,worked in a factory all my life ,never got above being a team leader ,its a foreman nowadays and then retired at 52 its not all aboot brains
spanishstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:55 pm

Don't see anything wrong with MTFC getting benefit from Ben and Ben getting some from MTFC. I asked for his help a few weeks ago, he was busy down in London but got back in touch within 24 hours and problem duly sorted. Some folk at work have had the same good experience unlike a lot of bad experiences with Alan Meale. I have always voted Labour but will vote for Ben next time if he keeps up the good work for myself, the club and the Town over the next few years. I will never go back to Meale.
cassellswasmagic
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:05 pm

So Ben Bradley helps the football club out by putting his name to a few projects to get them through planning and gets hounded for it ????
MTFCMAD
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Ben Superstag » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:36 pm

Red or blue who cares right now? You can't change what has happened until his seat is up for re-election. So instead of trying to pull him down and tear him to pieces because his predecessors in central government brought this town to it's knees, we should be supportive of what he is trying to do in regenerating the area, Mansfield being a marginal seat is probably the best thing that could happen, if the government are willing to release £1B for the DUP to keep power, they may spend a little bit to keep Mansfield on side. Win win!
Ben Superstag
First Team
First Team

Postby oldweststander » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:37 pm

The guy is a new broom, if Mansfield is to benefit then keep sweeping.

What happened 30 odd years ago was tragic but get over it, look forward not backwards.

Mansfield people seem not to like change, well things are changing like it or not.

Torie MP, ok when you have a Torie government, my worst fear is a fullblown Torie Mayor, God forbid that never happens.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:47 pm

To be honest I have no idea who to vote for. In the many years I have voted this is the first time I have felt like this. Why ? Because I don't feel represented by any of the partys. I always vote, but the next time, I will vote for whoever will, in my opinion, help my locality. By the way, I do not live in the Mansfield constituency.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:01 am

Sneag wrote:But what has he actually 'done' (& I'm not contesting the level of buggerallness Meale did)?

He seems very adept at photobombing the hard work of the Radfords to raise his profile, but I not seeing any evidence of his contribution to either the hotel or Woburn.

As opposed to Alan 'stick with Keith Haslam, exciting times ahead' Meale, who's contributions at transforming the club & town were about as beneficial as oven-gloves to Pompeians in AD 79 :P

It seems paradoxical that many moan about how decrepit and stagnant Mansfield is, yet wholeheartedly backed the MP that sought to keep it there :eh:
Perfection took almost a week before I mastered it
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:32 am

part time pete wrote:Can't you see it is central government pulling the strings in a marginal conservative seat.

Even if you're right.......so what? The town benefits.
victor A block
First Team
First Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum