{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Kane Hemmings

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Kane Hemmings

Postby stace1983 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:56 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know if the loan agreement for Kane Hemmings is a optional purchase or a mandatory purchase at the end of the loan?

Not having a pop at him etc. just wondered?!?

Thanks
stace1983
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Kane Hemmings

Postby Chander Lear » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:04 pm

'with a view to sign' after. Seems to me as if thats just gentlemens agreement that come the end of the loan term he is free to discuss with us.

They can recall him in January if required
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby stace1983 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:05 pm

Chander Lear wrote:'with a view to sign' after. Seems to me as if thats just gentlemens agreement that come the end of the loan term he is free to discuss with us.

Any idea of likely fee?
stace1983
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:11 pm

He wasn't first choice and if we go up we'll need better.... the option to buy will only be if he turns out to be quality, so far he's going back to oxford.
Sedgwick
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby oldweststander » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:36 pm

If both sides agree.

First option I believe.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Chander Lear » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:42 pm

stace1983 wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:'with a view to sign' after. Seems to me as if thats just gentlemens agreement that come the end of the loan term he is free to discuss with us.

Any idea of likely fee?

no idea
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:53 pm

One positive so far is that I cannot see Oxford taking there option of recalling him in January, maybe it is all part of the plan and he will score a goal a game in the second half of the season.

I'm sure he will come good once he settles.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:21 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
stace1983 wrote:

Any idea of likely fee?

no idea

What do you call a deer with no eyes
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:27 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:One positive so far is that I cannot see Oxford taking there option of recalling him in January, maybe it is all part of the plan and he will score a goal a game in the second half of the season.

"Part of the plan". I think you are looking into it too deeply.

While on the subject of Hemmings, he seems to getting unfair criticism similar to Logan and Murfin were getting. Like them, I'm confident he will come good in the next month.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:34 pm

He seems remarkably off the pace to date, and certainly seems a little overweight.

The best plan would be to have him play a few reserve games and have Rose start with Angol on Saturday
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chander Lear » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:37 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
stace1983 wrote:

Any idea of likely fee?

no idea

lol
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:21 pm

Doesn't look up to pace. Scored goals in div1. I think Evans hopes that giving him game time will get him scoring. Hands up, i thought Mirfin was awful at Crewe but now looks a great signing. Hopfully one goal off Hemmings backside will get him going.
wink68
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:33 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
stace1983 wrote:

Any idea of likely fee?

no idea

Blind
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:One positive so far is that I cannot see Oxford taking there option of recalling him in January, maybe it is all part of the plan and he will score a goal a game in the second half of the season.

"Part of the plan". I think you are looking into it too deeply.

While on the subject of Hemmings, he seems to getting unfair criticism similar to Logan and Murfin were getting. Like them, I'm confident he will come good in the next month.

Tongue in cheek comment.

To be fair against Wycombe and Lincoln the service too him was rubbish.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:14 pm

wink68 wrote:Doesn't look up to pace. Scored goals in div1. I think Evans hopes that giving him game time will get him scoring. Hands up, i thought Mirfin was awful at Crewe but now looks a great signing. Hopfully one goal off Hemmings backside will get him going.

he won't be up to pace as he missed evos pre season, learning all the players and the tactics etc. He just needs 1 goal whichever will kick start him hopefully
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:41 pm

He'll come good. Some hard training and the motivation from losing his place to Danny Rose will hopefully get him going when he gets his chance again.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:57 pm

He is a quality player.Not done much so far but his movement is good and if he gets the service he will score goals.Of all the current strikers Angol was poor at Lincoln but has scored for us,Two penalties and a lucky goal at Accy.Long way to go and there will be many twists and turns untill the end of the season.In Evans we trust.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:17 pm

angols finish against luton was class
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:17 pm

Unfortunately ever since he arrived we've done nothing but hoof it long and play far to direct.

Im hoping we increase our possession stats and start to play it round more. We have the playere to do it and if done well will create more chances.

If the plan is for us to keep hoofing then he was a pointless signing, especially alongside another 'lightweight' in Angol.

Needs more time but we need to give him service to make the most of him. Didn't work hard enough the couple of times ive seen him.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:44 pm

Agree with that Jamie. We have a lot of talent who are good on the ball, and absolutely dreadful at launching it to two forwards who can't play that way.

The long-hoof tactics on Saturday, although in a winning side, were somewhat depressing.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:42 pm

My latest pee-take meant I got to witness the absolutely top-notch take on the chest and then finish from Billy Kee.

He seems a cut above at our level, and always plays well against us. Wonder why it was that we couldn't get a tune out of him? I think recently he's opened up about suffering with depression hasn't he?

Not knocking Hemmings by the way, as I can see glimpses of quality in there for me to believe he'll come good....maybe he deserves more of a chance than what we afforded Billy Kee to go and prove it?

stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:23 pm

That was amusing Stagman (especially the Benny Hill theme!)
Billy Kee does seem a class above our strikers at the moment ... and not just him, the overall team-work on display in that video shows why they are in the top 3. We are capable of doing the same, but our strikers aren't firing quite like Kee & Jackson at the moment.
Regarding Hemmings - he needs a goal to trigger something. Hopefully it will be on Saturday.
Vice President
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Im not the real OND » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:15 am

Jamie wrote:Unfortunately ever since he arrived we've done nothing but hoof it long and play far to direct.

Im hoping we increase our possession stats and start to play it round more. We have the playere to do it and if done well will create more chances.

If the plan is for us to keep hoofing then he was a pointless signing, especially alongside another 'lightweight' in Angol.

Needs more time but we need to give him service to make the most of him. Didn't work hard enough the couple of times ive seen him.

Totally agree. When Hemmings, Angol and Mellis have the ball at their feet there is real potential.
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby oldweststander » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:49 am

Hemmings I a god player, missed a pen has others have but his over all play is good, better than any other striker at the club, the one thing that's missing is a goal. I'm sure he will score soon and be off on a fruitful run.
As for Rose, no one can say he doesn't deserve his chance, but Hemmings is the better player IMO.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:43 pm

Rose to start, Hemmings on the bench.
Kane gets matches in the reserves, with the other players instructed to feed him passes on the ground as he likes them. Once he starts scoring (or if Rose has a bad match) give him his starting place back. If Hemmings doesn't like the arrangement then he just has to score a few times to prove that he's ready for a return.
At the moment Rose is our best striker so it would seem odd to leave him out now that Hemmings has had his chance. Angol has to start and we can't have all three starting matches.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum