{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Rhead and green

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Rhead and green

Postby ParisStag » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:40 pm

Amberheart wrote:It was weird seeing Greeny in the deck chair stripes & was upsetting that he didn't acknowledge us Staggys

It was a big atmosphere and game, especially for him. He probably had some emotions and just wanted to focus on his game. After the Checkatrade game, he stayed behind to talk to the fans and sign autographs.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Ben Superstag » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:02 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Very disappointing that a club director chooses to come on here and effectively slag off two very good servants of our club.

The obvious question is 'if they are that bad, why did you employ them for so long?'

Whatever your opinion of these two players is, it shows a distinct lack of class for a club spokesman to deliver this type of judgement on a public forum with very little likelihood of reply.

Thought you were better than that Steve.

Steve has been a fan of MTFC far longer than he has been a director. He is entitled to talk to the fans about his opinion, I know that I for one truly value his input into this board as it provides most fans with a sense of reality about most situations.

As for him slagging them off? By stating that we were justified in letting a club legend in Matt Green go because his best days are behind him, you consider that abuse without a right to reply? What would Greenys reply be? 'I am good enough, honest.'

People need to stop being offended by small things or Stagsnet will be worse off without Steve's input.
Ben Superstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:23 pm

I too like Steve's input on here. Like us, he is a fan and he is entitled to give his opinions. Personally, I don't think his post should be regarded as slagging off.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:56 pm

I like it when he posts 5 minutes after getting in from the pub.

We've all done it. :lol:
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm

Steve is just giving his own opinion as a fan which is what this forum is for and which he is entitled to do. I'm sure Steve will have told Matt Green the same.

Steve is not representing the board because JR said at the Fans Forum that the majority of the board wanted to keep Matt Green. The club had a year’s option on him and so we could have kept him but Steve Evans said the club could get better for the money available. The board wanted to keep him but the manager did not want to keep him. Football is all about opinions and the board had to back their manager who they have employed to do the job of getting the Stags promoted to League 1. Time will tell who was right. However I think both Angol, Hemmings and Rose can do a great job for us if they receive the right service. It's no good just banging long balls up to them.
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:08 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Steve is just giving his own opinion as a fan which is what this forum is for and which he is entitled to do. I'm sure Steve will have told Matt Green the same.

Steve is not representing the board because JR said at the Fans Forum that the majority of the board wanted to keep Matt Green. The club had a year’s option on him and so we could have kept him but Steve Evans said the club could get better for the money available. The board wanted to keep him but the manager did not want to keep him. Football is all about opinions and the board had to back their manager who they have employed to do the job of getting the Stags promoted to League 2. Time will tell who was right. However I think both Angol, Hemmings and Rose can do a great job for us if they receive the right service. It's no good just banging long balls up to them.

Why, are we going to get relegated to the hellhole? :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:11 pm

Well done Dave. You've spotted the deliberate mistake. :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:16 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Well done Dave. You've spotted the deliberate mistake. :lol:

Do I get a prize ?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:18 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Very disappointing that a club director chooses to come on here and effectively slag off two very good servants of our club.

The obvious question is 'if they are that bad, why did you employ them for so long?'

Whatever your opinion of these two players is, it shows a distinct lack of class for a club spokesman to deliver this type of judgement on a public forum with very little likelihood of reply.

Thought you were better than that Steve.

Just goes to show the manager picks the players to buy or retain the directors just put up the money n say nothing until a player or players have moved on then like all supporters of mtfc n of other clubs have their own opinion like it's been said before its a footballing forum with members to say what they think... Because he's a director of our club why can't he have an opinion.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:23 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:SINA, green looked like he was playing when he was here.Trying to be a winger, target man and a hold up man but it just doesn't work for him

Like I said all 3 conference strikers at the best doesnt matter what roll they play while playing 90 minutes but thanks for the highlight Bobby nice to know people read my comments if they agree or not.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:20 pm

It might not be classy, but Steve Hymas is a FAN and cares enough about this club to put his own money and considerable amounts of his time into it, and so I reckon he's more entitled than most to comment.
Mr Evans is on borrowed time
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:20 pm

I'd have Rheady back here in a heartbeat. But only as a big man to bring on late in games and win some headers.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:21 pm

Rhead is not good enough for this level.
Conker
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:26 pm

Conker wrote:Rhead is not good enough for this level.

he's not, lincoln fans are realising this. They got him off us when we were back in League 2. He's not a bad 15/20 min sub at the end of the game but not a starter for me. Conference is his level
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum